My "92" Bronco Build

valor100
Bronco Info: 1992 Ford Bronco 5.8 had Pro Comp lift, know it sits on top of Solo 4 over cut and turned TTB's

Re: My "92" Bronco Build

Post by valor100 »

Some up dates
I know they are mostly from the front but i like the way she looks. I am going to need fenders and rear body panels, and need to build my front bumper. I have seen a lot of realy good bumpers posted, and kinda know how I want to make mine.
Attachments
toy#5.jpg
toy#5.jpg (167.1 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
toy#3.jpg
toy#3.jpg (195.23 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
toy#2.jpg
toy#2.jpg (204.83 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
toy#1.jpg
toy#1.jpg (200.65 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
valor100
Bronco Info: 1992 Ford Bronco 5.8 had Pro Comp lift, know it sits on top of Solo 4 over cut and turned TTB's

Post by valor100 »

A couple more.
Attachments
toy#7.jpg
toy#7.jpg (192.06 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
toy#6.jpg
toy#6.jpg (170.78 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Looks good. Do they touch the fenders on full stuff? If so I know where some 6" flare fenders may be coming available here soon. Becks_Bronco on here may be selling his I think... Damn - I'm now a parts broker for people I haven't even met yet.

Oh and who's the blonde hiding in the back?? haha
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
valor100

Post by valor100 »

Yes they do so i can't do much more than drive on the street right now. And i would be interested in those fenders for sure. Let Becks_Bronco know that i would be down for picking those up, by the way your making quite a good broker too. Oh yea the blond...........thats my sons girl. She likes going fast in trucks. Only i can't go that fast yet.....Dang it already I need those fenders. I also will need rear body panels if you know of any comming down the wire soon.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

Looks good!!! How much are those beams widened? What brand are they?
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
valor100

Post by valor100 »

Silverslk wrote:Looks good!!! How much are those beams widened? What brand are they?
Thanks. They are widened 4 over cut and turned, and they are Solo Beams.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Thats a WHOLE LOTTA drag link i see there!!! She looks good though, cant wait to see it with glass.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
valor100

Post by valor100 »

OK so i got with HTO who helped me get some codes that would help direct me to the sources of my high and rough idle. Which by the way thanks alot HTO for your help in that. I took off the throttle body and cleaned it up. It was caked full of crud. And I cleand out the idle air control valve as well it to was caked full of gunk. Replaced both the IAC and the throttle body gasgets. And while it was off cleaned as best I could the intake passages. Put it all back together, and no high or rough idle. It idles around 600-700 RPMs. Even after it got up to running temp idle was still good. BUT now i have a slight miss or hesitation when i get on the gas, and it seems like it doesn't want to shift. I did have some EGR codes that came up to. So what I'm thinking is I have some blockage at the EGR inlet port at the intake manifold. So i am going to take the EGR valve off and clean all that out to. Since i didn't get to it as time on Sunday was running low and the wife kept asking "how much longer". To be continued........
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Good to hear that you have closed down most of the issues! Not a problemanytime man.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

What rear springs are you using? and how long are the Shackles?
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
valor100

Post by valor100 »

I took her out to Ocitillo over the weekend before last and she worked pretty good. I really need to get some fiberglass on. I had to take it easy to not destroy my sheet metal. Here is one on the way out. I didn't get any action shots thou.
Attachments
Des#2.jpg
Des#2.jpg (222.74 KiB) Viewed 868 times
Des#1.jpg
Des#1.jpg (293.3 KiB) Viewed 868 times
Mojo
Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs

Post by Mojo »

Brian, crankin the coils up a little would help keep the tires off the fenders temporarily..... From the pics it appears you have some negative camber anyway..... There's nothing worse than having too take it easy!!!
economig
Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L

My "92" Bronco Build

Post by economig »

I'm thinkin its ratcheted down in pics
T H R E A T Motorsports
valor100

Post by valor100 »

I was able to get my hands on a couple fenders off of Craigslist. Thanks to Pre Run It. Now i have a little more clearance when i am done. Started to unbolt the fenders off the truck and man are there a bunch of screws that hold the fenders on. Once i found them all and figured out how to get to them i have the drivers side fender removed. I am going to attempt to make some inner fender mounts similar to what john from Autofab has posted on his web site. I ordered up a 1" die for my JD Squared bender, and I already have plenty of 1" tube laying around. Didn't get to far this weekend. Here are some pictures of how far I did manage to get.
Attachments
Fitment of fender
Fitment of fender
Fender install#4.jpg (201.1 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Fender install#3.jpg
Fender install#3.jpg (215.62 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Starting the process
Starting the process
Fender install.jpg (260.25 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Fenders I got from Craigslist. I think they are Perry's
Fenders I got from Craigslist. I think they are Perry's
Fenders.jpg (275.59 KiB) Viewed 860 times
valor100

Post by valor100 »

A few more. They need to be cleaned up a bit, but for two hundred bucks I'm not complaining. I'll give them a good prep some primer with paint and I think they will look OK. They are only a 3" flair so we'll see how they work out.
Attachments
Fitting them on
Fitting them on
Fender install#8.jpg (206.85 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Fender install#7.jpg
Fender install#7.jpg (190.68 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Fender install#6.jpg
Fender install#6.jpg (286.11 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Fender install#5.jpg
Fender install#5.jpg (288.79 KiB) Viewed 859 times
valor100

Post by valor100 »

Mojo's96 wrote:Brian, crankin the coils up a little would help keep the tires off the fenders temporarily..... From the pics it appears you have some negative camber anyway..... There's nothing worse than having too take it easy!!!
Yeah your right I did crank them up some once i got if the trailer and i took it for a drive. They seem to have settled some after the first run. I did have it ratcheted down to in tow.
valor100

Post by valor100 »

A couple after finding all those hidden screws.
Attachments
Fender install#10.jpg
Fender install#10.jpg (217.48 KiB) Viewed 855 times
Fender install#9.jpg
Fender install#9.jpg (182.85 KiB) Viewed 855 times
Mojo
Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs

Post by Mojo »

rite on, I'm glad you were able to get some use out of it. I keep my toyhauler & bronco in Ocotillo Wells and go out there as much as I can, so I will be keeping my eyes out for your SWEET bronco for now on!!!

Matt
valor100

Post by valor100 »

Mojo's96 wrote:rite on, I'm glad you were able to get some use out of it. I keep my toyhauler & bronco in Ocotillo Wells and go out there as much as I can, so I will be keeping my eyes out for your SWEET bronco for now on!!!

Matt
Oh right on Matt. I'll look for you as well. I t would be cool to go blasin some trails with ya.
economig
Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L

My "92" Bronco Build

Post by economig »

Seems there's now a lot of us close to wildomar, murrieta & t-mec now. This is basically the same route i'm going with my 94 but a mix of stuff... Threat, autofab, baker, maybe some solo this week ha ha. Hopin to get her on her wheels this week. Any pics of the lower shock mount? I've been going back and forth on my locations this week. How much room i want to leave for improvement or keep it real simple. Bronc's lookin good!
T H R E A T Motorsports