Rod's US '94 Bronco

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Rod's US '94 Bronco

Post by Nick »

For what it's worth, don't get fooled by fancy trusses and artsy fartsy pictures. There's more to it than that! John is an og originator of cut and turned beams, and most, if not all fabricators have coppied him. Mark worked for John, and learned from him. Mark's process is different from Johns, and both have put in a ton of hours making sure that they work.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I've been looking at threats new setup and really like it. I was going to email dave to find out exactly what is done.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Nick wrote:For what it's worth, don't get fooled by fancy trusses and artsy fartsy pictures. There's more to it than that! John is an og originator of cut and turned beams, and most, if not all fabricators have coppied him. Mark worked for John, and learned from him. Mark's process is different from Johns, and both have put in a ton of hours making sure that they work.
Exactly why I want to see the parts first hand, Nick. Pictures dont tell the whole story. Seeing is believing and being able to talk to the people face to face is a great way to understand how and why their stuff works, etc. For the first time, I will build a truck right with the proper parts, and that means dropping some serious cash, so I want to make sure not only value for money, but that the parts do exactly what they are supposed to. As I stated before, I want to do this ONCE. :D
Deleted Account
Bronco Info: depends on what day

Post by Deleted Account »

AusBroncodoc wrote:Well, my choices are narrowed down some..... shocks will either be Fox or Bilstein, as I have found a Bilstein tech in Aus who is interested in what I am doing and willing to help me with valving, etc. if I want. Thats a big relief. Front suspension is still undecided, but my choices here are looking to Autofab, Southwest Performance or Threat Motorsports. Until I arrive and get to meet with all the partys in question, the front suspension is still up in the air. I need / want to talk face to face with these guys, touch/ see / feel for myself the parts offered and weigh up their collective advice before commiting to anyone in particular. The rear suspension is pretty much fixed for now: Deaver J40's, SWP shackles, upper shock mount and 3" Fox 3 tube bypasses OR Bilstein 4 tube 2.65" bypasses with limit straps, etc. Looking at K&N FIPK kit, Bassani headers and (maybe) Y pipe, 3" Flowmaster and side pipe, sixlitre tune and other minor upgrades to improve performance, fuel economy and reliability. My other concern is weight.... I am now thinking about all the ways to shed as much weight as practical without losing the DD ability. As the Bronco may be there until at least the new year, it will be decided on the Baja trip when and what work will be done in the meantime to bring it up to racing specs (both SCORE and CAMS). All your opinions, ideas, likes and dislikes are valuable, guys, please feel free to advise, criticise, etc. Some of you may not like the directions or mods I undertake, but in the end, I will have a bad Bronco to test out at the 2012 GFB Huckfest. For now, though, just some 2" leveling springs and good shocks will do until D day. Come on, Baja! :D :D :D
i cant wait to meet you. and take you for a ride.. and yes ill let you drive it too. A vehichle that performs is worth a thousand words
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

i cant wait to meet you. and take you for a ride.. and yes ill let you drive it too. A vehichle that performs is worth a thousand words.

ABSOLUTELY! And thanks, Mark, I appreciate your confidence :D.
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

Nick wrote:For what it's worth, don't get fooled by fancy trusses and artsy fartsy pictures. There's more to it than that! John is an og originator of cut and turned beams, and most, if not all fabricators have coppied him. Mark worked for John, and learned from him. Mark's process is different from Johns, and both have put in a ton of hours making sure that they work.
just wanted to quote something.....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

Quote noted ;) :D
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

HAHA Im not trying to take away from anyone,i make and sell some the same parts as southwest,solo and autofab when it comes to the ttb stuff. 9other pdd ball stuff too) but i would always lean towards southwest performance.
two reasons,one being he does great work and when you can get ahold of him he is a very personable person.
two being he is not like the other shops doesnt talk trash on others work and offers help to people like me that arent a full time shop with website forums dedicated to selling thier stuff and banning you for making negative comments about the the company haha
i hope that i can swing something and make it to the trip to mexico so i can say g'day to ya!!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

I sure hope you can make the trip, it will be good to meet you, too. :D :D
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

You guys are witnessing history. My first flat tire EVER. Then again, it's not MY tire, so does it really count?
Attachments
IMAG0020.jpg
IMAG0020.jpg (184.86 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Those Aussies need to be more careful!
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

That tire looks like it's been driven on for a while at a low psi.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

Oh dear :shock: and a lug nut has gone AWOL too. Tyre failure or just a puncture?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

AusBroncodoc wrote:Oh dear :shock: and a lug nut has gone AWOL too. Tyre failure or just a puncture?
I don't know. I'll check it later today. I walked out of the house this morning and it was flat. The truck is missing several lug nuts. I'll get some replacements. Do you want to stick with the stock 13/16" outside diameter or is 3/4" OK? Open bulge or acorn? I like the open 3/4 but they won't match the OE lug wrench.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajabuck
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco with some Autofab parts held on with bailing wire and duct tape

Post by bajabuck »

SteveG wrote:You guys are witnessing history. My first flat tire EVER. Then again, it's not MY tire, so does it really count?
You are so getting a falt on your next trip. If not, don't worry I'll get enogh for both of us.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

bajabuck wrote:
SteveG wrote:You guys are witnessing history. My first flat tire EVER. Then again, it's not MY tire, so does it really count?
You are so getting a falt on your next trip. If not, don't worry I'll get enogh for both of us.
Ha! For sure. I've got it coming now that I opened my big mouth!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

SteveG wrote:
AusBroncodoc wrote:Oh dear :shock: and a lug nut has gone AWOL too. Tyre failure or just a puncture?
I don't know. I'll check it later today. I walked out of the house this morning and it was flat. The truck is missing several lug nuts. I'll get some replacements. Do you want to stick with the stock 13/16" outside diameter or is 3/4" OK? Open bulge or acorn? I like the open 3/4 but they won't match the OE lug wrench.
Either will do, whatever is available the easiest. I will get new nuts when I change wheels and tyres and a good lug brace when I get there anyway.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

If you're changing the nuts later I'll just leave these. It's not like the wheel's gonna fall off.

I found the leak.
Attachments
Rusty Wheel.jpg
Rusty Wheel.jpg (134.87 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

WOW! :shock: :shock: there is some massive rust in there! no wonder it wont hold air :) Time soon for some new rims and tyres, me thinks.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Owner of only dead and forgotten projects