Rod's US '94 Bronco

AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Re: Rod's US '94 Bronco

Post by AussieRod »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Take some home with ya? Hahahaha
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/wheels- ... ost2677633
rust or new tyres and wheels? :D
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I was meaning new wheels. I have no more tires. But, at this point it looks like I will only have 1 or 2 alcoas left available after this weekend.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I was meaning new wheels. I have no more tires. But, at this point it looks like I will only have 1 or 2 alcoas left available after this weekend.
does it seem like you get stuff sold as soon as you offer it to me? :D :D maybe you should offer me more stuff you dont want and will sell fast :lol: :lol:
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Sounds like a plan. How about a '87 bronco carcass then? Anybody need a semi rusty body for cheap/free???? This bronco butcher is almost done with it and needs it out of his shop/way!!!!!
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

Until I arrive and get to meet with the peoples in question, the front suspension is still to be decided. I'm looking at a K&N FIPK kit, Bassani or MAC equal length headers and (maybe) Bassani Y pipe, 3" 2 chamber Flowmaster and 3" side pipe, and other minor upgrades to improve performance, fuel economy and reliability. My other concern is weight.... I am now thinking about all the ways to shed as much weight as practical without losing the DD ability. As the Bronco may be there until at least the next Huckfest, it will be decided on the Baja trip when and what work will be done in the meantime. Right now, I am looking at the Superlift levelling kit and fitting Bilstein 5100's all round, plus some decent tyres and wheels. I have a heap of parts to collect when I get there, and will store them until they are needed or I dont.
Last edited by AussieRod on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

EDIT POST:
Well, I've had a couple of body blows delivered this past week. First, bringing the Bronco to Aus may be out of the question, unless I go thru RAWS (Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme) and have it converted. Approximate cost, AU$19,000. :( :(
I am not sure if I can bring it back as a race car, either. It needs to be an eligible vehicle on the FIA's list of approved vehicles and because Broncos are available locally and it's not on the FIA list, it is not eligible as a import for that purpose. :( :( So, for other than driving it when I visit the US, its original purpose has been negated. :( :(
However, I have been offered a '84 shortbed F100, 6 cylinder manual. The cab and tub need some serious paint, but otherwise its quite sound. The price is good, and I am seriously considering buying it. That way, I could use the Bronco as a parts car and do the F100 up as a racer. I will still buy the goodies to build it up. Hmmmmmmmmmm, decisions, decisions................. :roll:
Last edited by AussieRod on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Well, that's a bummer. Ship it back one piece at a time.
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

i spoke to a gentleman from australia a few months back about possibly buying my bronco, his thoughts were along the lines of finding an 80-81 stock and then dis assembling mine and shipping it as parts,and building the 80-81 with my bronco. from what i understand 30 yrs is the cut off for converting......
anyway we decided it was not worth it due to the fact that all my cage,suspenion parts were welded and nothing is really "bolt on"
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Bummer to hear Rod. If the F-100 goes through and it is a 2wd I have the front frame section of the bronco here and I'll give it to ya cheap. It's got the cross member with beam mounts and dual shock coil buckets still on it. Throw it in the container with the d44 and 8.8 and convert that F-100 to 4wd!
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Bummer news... but there's nothing like a good challenge to keep the excitement up! You do have some decisions to cypher on! :shock: :lol:
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

bajascott wrote:i spoke to a gentleman from australia a few months back about possibly buying my bronco, his thoughts were along the lines of finding an 80-81 stock and then dis assembling mine and shipping it as parts,and building the 80-81 with my bronco. from what i understand 30 yrs is the cut off for converting......
anyway we decided it was not worth it due to the fact that all my cage,suspenion parts were welded and nothing is really "bolt on"
I am in consultation with my shipping agent about options on sending it home in pieces. It depends on how far down I have to strip it before I dont need an import permit. I'm thinking about 2 shipping crates to fit most of the running gear and spares in one and body panels, etc in the other. The frame will go too. Body will probably get cut up (havent decided anything yet).
Now, the rules are, if the same or simmilar model is available in Aus, importing one is VERY difficult to justify (in their eyes). There aint no getting around their rules, I have to work within their requirements, so I have to be creative/careful. Until I have a clear picture, its staying together in CA. I will collect and store my current stock of spares, etc until it can all come home at once.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Bummer to hear Rod. If the F-100 goes through and it is a 2wd I have the front frame section of the bronco here and I'll give it to ya cheap. It's got the cross member with beam mounts and dual shock coil buckets still on it. Throw it in the container with the d44 and 8.8 and convert that F-100 to 4wd!
The plan, exactly! Aparently, the frames are the same. I already have a complete '81 3.50 LSD 4WD beam set here, just need radius arms and mounts, 4"springs, drop brackets, etc., trans and t/case and driveshafts. I will keep the alloy head 4.1L crossflow six until the 5.0 gets here then do the lot in 1 hit. I might even chuck the 94 front on it if I can find some Jap headlights for it (they dip to the left for RHD use).
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Know of any cool badging they used on Broncos in Austrailia or other countries? I didn't even know that Japan had Fords.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

philofab wrote:Know of any cool badging they used on Broncos in Austrailia or other countries? I didn't even know that Japan had Fords.
Japan has quite a few American cars, its one of a very few countries that allow LHD and RHD cars and trucks to operate on its roads regardless of year. Jap spec F series had to have dip left headlights to comply with local laws. I have a friend making enquiries as to whether I can get the RHD headlights for the 92 - 96 front. If so, he will get a couple of pairs for me and I will fit this front (maybe) to the shortbed.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

AusBroncodoc wrote:Well, I've had a couple of body blows delivered this past week. First, bringing the Bronco to Aus is out of the question, unless I go thru RAWS (Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme) and have it converted. Aprroximate cost, AU$19,000. :( :(
I cant bring it back as a race car, either. It needs to be an eligible vehicle on the FIA's list of approved vehicles and because Broncos are available locally and it's not on the FIA list, it is not eligible as a import for that purpose. :( :( So, for other than driving it when I visit the US, its original purpose has been negated. :( :(
That blows, Rod! So what's the plan? Fill a container with all the parts you want off the Bronco?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

Have spent hours searching and researching any info on the internet. boy, do I have a f****ng headache right now. :?

I MAY be in luck, and will find out tomorrow if I am right. Aparently, Ford Australia pulled the full volume requirement on F series on 12/1992. The 93 - 96 MY F 150 AND its derivitives (I am assuming Bronco, F250, F350) are on the eligability list for importation due to the fact that they were NOT sold here as full volume local supply. This I will clear up tomorrow. Whatever the result, the Bronco will stay in USA and be my DD there until I am sure what is happening. I am hoping an import permit will be a go-er and it might be able to come here as a parts vehicle or race truck. Fingers crossed.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

I DID buy the shortbed, after all. :mrgreen: its in Non-Broncos as Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100 :)
Last edited by AussieRod on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

SteveG wrote:
AusBroncodoc wrote:Well, I've had a couple of body blows delivered this past week. First, bringing the Bronco to Aus is out of the question, unless I go thru RAWS (Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme) and have it converted. Aprroximate cost, AU$19,000. :( :(
I cant bring it back as a race car, either. It needs to be an eligible vehicle on the FIA's list of approved vehicles and because Broncos are available locally and it's not on the FIA list, it is not eligible as a import for that purpose. :( :( So, for other than driving it when I visit the US, its original purpose has been negated. :( :(
That blows, Rod! So what's the plan? Fill a container with all the parts you want off the Bronco?
If an import permit is a no-no, thats the plan, along with several dozen other components, engines, trannies, cars, etc. :)
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

AFter reviewing all my options, and making an executive decision, I have sold the Bronco. Bill Varnes at Mirage Racing is now the proud owner, although I am sure Maddy has already claimed it for herself. The old girl served me well, except for the overheating trans in Baja. A CarQuest cooler kit cured the problem (it drove up the entire Gaviota Pass northbound at 70 mph without a problem and apart from some ill effects from running dry, it still works fine. I will put the money towards my suspension and concentrate on the F100 for my toy.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

With all that spare $$ you'll have you can buy yourself a decent looking front end for the old beast :lol: