Grandma's "Back from the Dead" DD Build

805hooligan
Bronco Info: 88 Bronco 302, Era's, cut & turns, kicker audio, police lights, race seats, 33's

Grandma's "Back from the Dead" DD Build

Post by 805hooligan »

So i decided to start my first build thread now that im turning it into a go fast bronco. A little info: it was parked in grandmas backyard for 5-6 years after my grandma got her new car. After i sold my 75 truck, she told me if i can get it started and out of her driveway then i can have it. at the time, i really didnt know anything about cars (plus it looked like it had ZERO potential). i tore apart the steering column to replace the ignition actuator because it was busted. it took me three weeks to get it all done haha and i put in a new battery and it started right up. then i drove it home with the wasps nets, spiders, and water puddles in it. it was pretty bad. its never been to a shop ONCE because i wanted to learn how to work on it. pretty much self taught, starting out knowing nothing. learned ALOT from FSB. Been working on it for just over a year. anyways here it is!

This is after the 2" lift and the painted grill. but pretty much how it was and in need of alot of work. you can see a leak under it haha. just replaced the brakes and radiator

painted alot of stuff, replaced most hoses and gaskets. ghetto k&n set up

Thought i would show you this. it actually looked really cool at night. but i shattered all 4 tubes so no more neon.

Couch surfing behind the bronco. pulling two couches and a sledder behind me

After custom bumper guard, 32x11.5 at's, paint, power steering gear box

How it is now. 33's, Kicker audio system, 4 wannabe racing seats and harnesses (it does help out alot more than stock belts and seats) herculined the floor which makes it really nice, painted all the interior black

just got 4" cut and turns bolted in
So theres a little history and what it looks like

Right now im in still in the process of replacing the ball joints, mounting extended radius arms, installing 4" skyjacker coils, and trying to find out a damn way to mount my 14" x 2.5 kings! better pics and "write ups" will come now that im getting into the more advanced stuff. Tube bumpers to come soon too, now that i have a bender.

next projects: (when money permits) i would like to get glass bedsides and fenders, 4:10's, 35's, headers, new exhaust, upgrade rear suspension, complete motor rebuild, full cage, and hopefully finally fix my exhaust leak coming from my egr valve flex hose :mrgreen: also looking for a tailgate! let me know if you have one
hopefully that was worth your time. better updates to come though
Last edited by 805hooligan on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fixxor
Bronco Info: 03 Ranger 4x4 no more bronco :(

Re: Grandma's "Back from the Dead" DD Build

Post by fixxor »

Nice. I like the look of your bronco.
805hooligan
Bronco Info: 88 Bronco 302, Era's, cut & turns, kicker audio, police lights, race seats, 33's

Post by 805hooligan »

thanks fixxor! :D

new pics of what im working with

new rad arms. wont be needing that rear shock mount on them anymore. but now that i think of it, it would be a perfect position for limit straps
Last edited by 805hooligan on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

805hooligan wrote:Image
new rad arms. wont be needing that rear shock mount on them anymore
Is the end of the radius arm corrected for caster or are you using a dropped pivot bracket?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

I bought those arms from Kyle on nipomo (redbeard fab) and he said that I can use my stock brackets. Just got to move them back 15.5 inches... I also bought new alignment cams from jbg to correct camber from the lift. I know Kyle knows what he's doin so I'm guessing it will be fine
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Way to go! Trust me its always worth our time. You can get that egr tube but they're like 60 bucks so I'd go to a junk yard to find it.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

Yeah I've been checking at slo auto salvage but they never really have broncos. I'm keeping my eye out though for broncos getting their engine parted out. It sounds like a tank right now with the leak haha
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

805hooligan wrote:I bought those arms from Kyle on nipomo (redbeard fab) and he said that I can use my stock brackets. Just got to move them back 15.5 inches... I also bought new alignment cams from jbg to correct camber from the lift. I know Kyle knows what he's doin so I'm guessing it will be fine
Unless the ends of the arms were modified to correct caster,the truck will drive like poop. The ends look stock in the pic but hopefully they're modified.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
hobbyturnedobsession

And hey if those are the Kragen seats I've got them in my Bronco and I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

Ya they're kragen seats! They're really comfy! And Steve ill ask Kyle about those arms. Thanks for pointing that out.
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

Got one bucket off today, i ran out of cutting wheels so i'll have to go grab some more. now i can make a template for the new bucket and shock mount, unless someone wants to sell me some of their custom ones? :mrgreen:
hobbyturnedobsession

I've got some for sale
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

Awesome that will save me a lot of time. Can you pm me a pic?
Firetwig
Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco 1996 Ford Bronco

Post by Firetwig »

You painted the stock rubber hoses? :shock:
1991 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0/E4OD EFI RIP
1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8/E4OD EFI
1990 Pontiac Formula Firebird 5.7/T5 TPI
1991 Ford F150 Custom 4.9/M5OD EFI
1993 Ford Mustang Convertible 2.3/AOD EFI
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

Haha yes I did. I thought it made it look nicer. It's back to black now though
Firetwig
Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco 1996 Ford Bronco

Post by Firetwig »

Haha ok, but I like how you painted the intake manifolds. :)
1991 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0/E4OD EFI RIP
1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8/E4OD EFI
1990 Pontiac Formula Firebird 5.7/T5 TPI
1991 Ford F150 Custom 4.9/M5OD EFI
1993 Ford Mustang Convertible 2.3/AOD EFI
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

Thanks Yeah I really like that part. I just took it out, painted the whole thing black, then took ink paint pens and did the lettering. I matched the valve covers the same way. I think it looks a lot better than the factory gray stuff
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

Been working alot of hours lately, so i just ordered my skyjacker 184 coils. next to order is the ball joints.. i cant decide between $170 ones from napa, or 120 for spicer heavy duty ones from poly performance
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

picked up my ball joints today. i went with the spicers from napa. 160 dollars for both sides and they have a lifetime warranty which is nice... i start my shock hoops next week so pics to come!

What is the best way to tighten the bottom ball joint nut!?? it just keeps spinning. i have tried putting a jack under it, but no luck
805hooligan

Post by 805hooligan »

i gave up here: i have no welder or anything else to be capable of building what i need
so i put the buckets back on, mounted the arms and got it all ready to take it to kyle who is going to build me custom buckets with shock hoops. i love the way it looks now. just cant wait to get those shocks on and test it out
ImageImage