Nicks 95 project

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Nicks 95 project

Post by Nick »

This is the build thread for my 1995 bronco. My goal is to have a family friendly truck that i can chase, pit, camp, and take my wife for a ride in. This is not a daily driver, but it does see a lot of street use because i like to drive it.

My goal is to get the best parts that i can afford, and keep this on a relativaly tight budget. I learned a lot from my last build, i've done a lot of research and have picked the brains of some people that i feel have a good handle on building a decent rig.

Starting point. 1995 xlt sport, 5.8l motor, e4od trans, power windows and locks, the basic xlt package. Here it is when i first got it.

Camping with SteveG

My first mods were to put some new wheels and tires. Alcoa 16x8's with 295/75/16 bfg at's removal of pin stripping, and added some eibach leveling coils.

Added Chrome headlight surround, and clear corners.

After riding with Ollie in his Autofab equiped truck, and seeing how well Rick's and SteveG's Autofab trucks worked, i knew that was the route i wanted to go. But i had a budget to keep, so i scoured the classifieds, asked friends if they knew of any parts for sale, and this is what i have come up with so far.

Beams by Mark Keifer of South west performance. I know that i said that i wanted an all Autofab truck, but after talking with Mark, and seeing all the extra work that he puts in, i decided to go with his beams. The beams are stock width, the 3rd member is clocked for proper axle alignment. They are boxed, and mark threw me a curve ball and included uniball ends. Thank you Mark for going above and beyond what i expected!

In the last pic you also see a giant motorsports bash plate.

Autofab heimed radius arms and pivot boxes.

Autofab long travel coil buckets with adjusters. 2.5x10 and 2.5x12 sway a way shocks valved by SteveG. A big thanks to Steve for the buddy deal!

3.0x14" sway aways for the front of the beam

Autofab rear upper shock mount

Deaver f-53 custom 12 leaf pack for the rear, and deaver 5.5 coils for the front. I'm not really sure what the finished ride height will be, so i went with the 5.5 coils hoping that the coil adjusters will allow me to fine tune the ride height. A special thanks to Jeff at Deaver for setting me up!

Extended rear shackles by Southwest Performance

9"rear end with 4:10 gears and a detroit locker.

Misc parts that i've gathered. 4 hella 4000's, 2 pencil and 2 euro. 4:10 gears for the front, thanks again to Mark Keifer. Limit straps for the rear. Painless aux fuse panel for the extra electronics. And a trans cooler with elec fan.

That's where i'm at up to this point. I want to thank all of my friends for thier knowledge, and patience in helping get here!
Last edited by Nick on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Nicks 95 project

Post by tcm glx »

Looks great Nick, Can not wait to see you put it together.

Let me know if you want to powdercoat any of your stuff, my local guy does great quality work, and is Super, and I mean SUPER affordable.
BajaDale

Post by BajaDale »

Awesome! I wanna build my Bronco sooo bad but hafta finish my F-150 and Ranger first!!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Nick is doing an awesome job getting this done on a budget. I don't know what he'll have into it at the end, but it'll be a hell of a lot less than mine and will work just as well. Keep up the good work, Nick!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

X2 ^^
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Nick,

What size tires are you going to be running when you start your build? 315/75/16s?

Chris
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

BajaBronco13 wrote:Nick,

What size tires are you going to be running when you start your build? 315/75/16s?

Chris
Until i get the rims from you, i'll stay with what i've got which is a 296/75/16. The plan though is to run 35. Let me say this though, a 315/75/16 would be a great size to run as it's a 34.5" diameter tire. That extra half an inch between the tire and the ac box great to have, but the cost of metric size tires is rediculous.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

tcm glx wrote:Looks great Nick, Can not wait to see you put it together.

Let me know if you want to powdercoat any of your stuff, my local guy does great quality work, and is Super, and I mean SUPER affordable.
As soon as i'm ready i'll give you a call. Thanks!
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Nick wrote:
BajaBronco13 wrote:Nick,

Chris
Until i get the rims from you, i'll stay with what i've got which is a 296/75/16. The plan though is to run 35. Let me say this though, a 315/75/16 would be a great size to run as it's a 34.5" diameter tire. That extra half an inch between the tire and the ac box great to have, but the cost of metric size tires is rediculous.

That's right Nick, I forgot. Those wheels are just sitting in the garage for you so no hurry. Damn I have too many wheels in that garage I need to take inventory, lol.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Here are some pice of a center console that i started.

I'm going to make a few changes, but i like the basic concept of it.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Center console looks really good Nick, you need to leave room for the GPS though!
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

tcm glx wrote:Center console looks really good Nick, you need to leave room for the GPS though!
That's one of the things i'm sorting through. I sold my 480c and got a Xog. The Xog is much smaller, and got i a Ram mount for it. With the Ram mount i'll have room in the upper left hand side of the console for it.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Yeah, I remember you selling the 480, I bought it. for my brother hahaha.

So are you sticking to the XOG? I am considering selling my 540, so I can pick up a 7" or 8" non HD version.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

tcm glx wrote:Yeah, I remember you selling the 480, I bought it. for my brother hahaha.

So are you sticking to the XOG? I am considering selling my 540, so I can pick up a 7" or 8" non HD version.
The Xog is cool. I like that i can move it from vehicle to vehicle. It does anything that the bigger ones do, downloading maps etc. It's just to darn small.

I might be interested in the 540.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Scored a pair of hella harnesses.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Picked up some poly bumps, thanks to Andy(Magiccarpetxlt)

While not as sexy as a hyd bump, from all that i've read these will work very well, and at a fraction of the cost. The figure 8 bumps will go on the rear, the others in front, if i can figure out a good place to mount them.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Hope you like the Detroit... as much as I drive mine I think I would have been better to go another route. It's annoying on the street but works awesome offroad. I was pulling TTs around at the snore race in 2wd.

Are those factory cup holder inserts in your console? I need to build one and then add a GPS to it... A few of the cars I've raced have had GPS units in them and I really feel lost without one now. Not sure if I want to get a 540c or spend a lot of dough on a new HD unit.

Care to put any numbers on your build? I'm curious what kind of money everyone else has in their trucks. I've got about 13K in mine which seems reasonable. I couldn't buy a new car for that.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

I had a detroit on my last bronco, it just took some getting used to on the street. But knowing how well it performed off road, i knew i wanted one for this truck

I got the cup holders from a boating supply shop. I agree with you on the gps, but i guess it kind of becomes a crutch though.

I'll put up some $ numbers later.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

philofab wrote: Care to put any numbers on your build? I'm curious what kind of money everyone else has in their trucks. I've got about 13K in mine which seems reasonable. I couldn't buy a new car for that.
I updated my first post with $ numbers.
Drilim
Bronco Info: 94

Post by Drilim »

What are those figure 8 bumps off? I got a set of the chevy bumps last week from the yard, but it would take some creative trimming on the back of the frame to mount them.

The 8's are what I was kinda envisioning.