Nicks 95 project

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Nicks 95 project

Post by Nick »

Bringing this out of mothballs.

I've been having overheating issues for quite some time. After some time spent in Bishop with Broncodawg, and the truck running hot, it was time to resolve the issue. I read up on all the info about aftermarket radiators, etc... What i decided on was going with a quality hd stock replacement radiator, a gpm high flow water pump, a stock temp high flow thermostat, a flex-a-lite fan clutch and all new hoses. I also replaced the old busted overflow tank. Hopefully this will take care of my issues. I also got my autometer water and trans gauges installed in a pillar pod, so i now can really see what's going on. Headed to KOH to put this all to the test. Wish me luck!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Good luck!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Nick, do you have a link to that high flow water pump...curious about it. I've heard it bounced around a few times but never done any research on it.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

And it's a GMB, not a GPM.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Thanks, very interesting, will look forward to see your results. Did you keep stock thermostat? 190 or 195 I think it is.....
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Stock 195 high flow t-stat.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Nick wrote:Bringing this out of mothballs.

I've been having overheating issues for quite some time. After some time spent in Bishop with Broncodawg, and the truck running hot, it was time to resolve the issue. I read up on all the info about aftermarket radiators, etc... What i decided on was going with a quality hd stock replacement radiator, a gpm high flow water pump, a stock temp high flow thermostat, a flex-a-lite fan clutch and all new hoses. I also replaced the old busted overflow tank. Hopefully this will take care of my issues. I also got my autometer water and trans gauges installed in a pillar pod, so i now can really see what's going on. Headed to KOH to put this all to the test. Wish me luck!
I'm curious to know if you get a leak in the heater core after KOH or later Nick. We had ours leak and I'm changing it now.....it looks almost new besides the discoloration on the bottom where the leak settled. Been reading lots about leak causes, which include hi flow water pumps and galvanic reaction. I'm wondering if the Flow Kooler water pump I put in pushed it to leak, because it was fine just before.

Seems like 5.0 Mustangs are quite the culprit among others. Lots of Ford truck guys talking about heater hose flow restrictors.....looks like Ford #F1UZ-18D406-A or #XR3Z-18599-AA. Unfortunately we'll have a new heater core at KOH but no time to round up the restrictor I think we'll try unless our local dealer has one.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Let's hope not, Jim.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

1Hondalover wrote:

I'm curious to know if you get a leak in the heater core after KOH or later Nick. We had ours leak and I'm changing it now.....it looks almost new besides the discoloration on the bottom where the leak settled. Been reading lots about leak causes, which include hi flow water pumps and galvanic reaction. I'm wondering if the Flow Kooler water pump I put in pushed it to leak, because it was fine just before.

Seems like 5.0 Mustangs are quite the culprit among others. Lots of Ford truck guys talking about heater hose flow restrictors.....looks like Ford #F1UZ-18D406-A or #XR3Z-18599-AA. Unfortunately we'll have a new heater core at KOH but no time to round up the restrictor I think we'll try unless our local dealer has one.

Interesting you say that Jim, I've gone through two heater cores ever since replacing my water pump. I went with OEM motorcraft though, not high flow.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

1Hondalover wrote:

This is some good info here! I've been thinking about installing a flowkooler since I discovered my timing cover is leaking coolant.
Nick
Founder

Nicks 95 project

Post by Nick »

It's been a while since i've done anything to the poor bronco. I now have 4 blown shocks, so it was time for an upgrade.

3.0 will be going on all 4 corners.Image

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Nicks 95 project

Post by Andy Jones »

Nice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

Are you going to the run the rears from the raptor as is? Been interested in those for the rear and seen prices pretty low.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

I'm going to run all as is, and go from there.
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

Sweet if you happen to see another pair would you send me aPM? Been watching ebay and prices are all over.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

I got mine off ebay for $600. I also see them pop up on craigslist.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

wesjtx
Bronco Info: 1996 EB, Black and Tan

Post by wesjtx »

Maybe I overlooked it after looking through your build - who built your upper coil buckets/shock mounts?

Wes
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Autofab.