95 Bronco "Penny"

rushcanuck
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco XLT, 5.8L, E4OD, Limited Slip Diff's, 340,000km's

95 Bronco "Penny"

Post by rushcanuck »

Well I have a 1995 Bronco XLT with a 5.8L windsor, E4OD trans, 3.55 limited slip in the rear. I bought her for $1800. Originally it didnt have any brakes all the lines were rotted out had to replace them all, I had a hell of a time bleeding the system after getting all the lines replaced, its got 4W ABS. I still havent decided what I wanna do yet to it, making it gofast seems so appealing, I dunno what I could do with my limited budget yet. The 5.8L motor is in the process of being rebuilt, looking at putting a new cam in and possibly boring it .30 over.

as she sits

some fun

Im looking for some roller camshaft ideas, one that would have good low-mid range that'll work in my 95 5.8L

RC
rushcanuck

Re: 95 Bronco "Penny"

Post by rushcanuck »

clean up on the block is pretty much done, Im just finishing out honing it out, got the block, oil pan, valve covers and intake painted. Ive ported the heads and have re-lapped the valves.

David
rushcanuck

Post by rushcanuck »

anyway desided to hammer the motor finished this weekend, its pretty much done now only a few small things. sometime soon I'll get around to putting it back in the truck. costed $455 CAN for all the parts I needed to rebuild

rushcanuck
rushcanuck

Post by rushcanuck »

Well got the motor bolted in, running actually put almost 800kms on it already. had to take the top off even tho its kinda cold and wet up here...the heater works great.

got some lights as well

now here comes the problem I just have come by. I was driving to the store today (bout a km from my house) and I was cruising along at bout 90km/h and the engine just shut off, I pulled over, tried to start it again it turned over but never fired. ran home got the other truck and towed it home. once I got it home I checked if it had fuel pressure at the rail (it did) I also checked the coolent which was alittle low for comfort so I topped it up. then I went and check for spark, well there was none. I dunno how to go bout finding the problem so any help would be appreciated, thanks

david
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

rushcanuck wrote:Well got the motor bolted in, running actually put almost 800kms on it already. had to take the top off even tho its kinda cold and wet up here...the heater works great.

got some lights as well

now here comes the problem I just have come by. I was driving to the store today (bout a km from my house) and I was cruising along at bout 90km/h and the engine just shut off, I pulled over, tried to start it again it turned over but never fired. ran home got the other truck and towed it home. once I got it home I checked if it had fuel pressure at the rail (it did) I also checked the coolent which was alittle low for comfort so I topped it up. then I went and check for spark, well there was none. I dunno how to go bout finding the problem so any help would be appreciated, thanks

david
check for codes first, check EVERY connector you dis-connected during rebuilding the engine to make sure one didn't come undone, then check coil, TFI module and pick-up, etc, etc. Ist probably a simple fault, just start methodically and eliminate all the obvious first. Sooner or later, you will find the problem. Cheers
rushcanuck

Post by rushcanuck »

appears my distributor isnt turning, and it also appears my camshaft isnt also, time to go and take the waterpump off again hopefully it isnt too bad, most likely it is bad
rushcanuck

Post by rushcanuck »

(I Moved this post to the tech questions)
rushcanuck

Post by rushcanuck »

motor has come back out, Ive ordered a valve train set from comp cams.

gasket ported the heads

cleaned up the engine bay

New parts

going back together

david
rushcanuck

Post by rushcanuck »

well the motors in, Im about to start her up. probably tomorrow I hope