SteveG's 84-SOLD!

hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: Steve's 84

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thank you Steve. The Bronco is coming along nicely!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Thank you Steve. The Bronco is coming along nicely!
Thanks. It was actually pretty much done several years ago. It went downhill when I stopped driving it daily... neglected, pillaged for parts... sold some stuff, changed my mind a few times, etc. etc.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
hobbyturnedobsession

Hahaha I know the feeling. Well at least your back on it again!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Got the lug nuts changed today.
Attachments
lugnuts.jpg
lugnuts.jpg (73.54 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
hobbyturnedobsession

Where did you get your lug nuts from? I want a plain set.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Where did you get your lug nuts from? I want a plain set.
One of my tire suppliers through work. I don't like acorns or the non-bulge type because they allow the socket to bounce around and gall the wheels.

Any tire shop should be able to get them. I went with a 3/4" hex because the 13/16 bulge nuts were 3-4 times the cost of these.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
hobbyturnedobsession

So even if I have the inlay in the wheel for the acorns I dont have to run acorns?
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

An acorn lug nut is just a covered nut (no exposed threads or end of the stud. I prefer open studs. Depending on the wheel, bulge nuts have the larger diameter tapered area than a standard nut.

Of course, terminology will vary depending on who you're talking to.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
hobbyturnedobsession

So yours still have the taper that go into the rim correct?
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Yup.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Proof that I do work on it when I have to.
Attachments
NoRearWheels.jpg
NoRearWheels.jpg (91.41 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Re: SteveG's 84

Post by SteveG »

I'm having major project ADD over here. I'm in the middle of a few other projects but for some reason decided to start working on the Bronco again. I'm hoping to have it play-worthy very soon.

I also started working on the EFI conversion again. The harness is ready to be installed and final splices made (in the truck). Philo delivered some parts that Steve (chasetruck) picked up for me from Brian a while back. THANK YOU to all involved in the giving, storing and delivery of parts. I owe you guys!

Yesterday I picked up the final large piece of the conversion. An EFI fuel tank, fuel lines and fuel pumps. Originally I was going to do build a fuel accumulator to house the pump under the hood, but I came across all this for $25. I couldn't turn it down. I'll need to drill a few holes for the fuel pump and filter brackets but it should be a really easy install.

In the end, this is almost as good a system as what wanted to build. It uses a low-pressure lift pump in the tank and a high-pressure pump in-line. I'm thinking about removing the in-tank pump and mounting it externally so I'll never need to drop the fuel tank in the field to replace a failed pump. We'll see.
Attachments
Bronco EFI lines & HP pump.jpg
Bronco EFI lines & HP pump.jpg (92.81 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

SteveG wrote:I'm having major project ADD over here. I'm in the middle of a few other projects but for some reason decided to start working on the Bronco again. I'm hoping to have it play-worthy very soon.

I also started working on the EFI conversion again. The harness is ready to be installed and final splices made (in the truck). Philo delivered some parts that Steve (chasetruck) picked up for me from Brian a while back. THANK YOU to all involved in the giving, storing and delivery of parts. I owe you guys!

Yesterday I picked up the final large piece of the conversion. An EFI fuel tank, fuel lines and fuel pumps. Originally I was going to do build a fuel accumulator to house the pump under the hood, but I came across all this for $25. I couldn't turn it down. I'll need to drill a few holes for the fuel pump and filter brackets but it should be a really easy install.

In the end, this is almost as good a system as what wanted to build. It uses a low-pressure lift pump in the tank and a high-pressure pump in-line. I'm thinking about removing the in-tank pump and mounting it externally so I'll never need to drop the fuel tank in the field to replace a failed pump. We'll see.
Steve,
There is a lot of value in that philosophy. I've debated over and over on why keep the stock in tank pump and convert to a lift pump and hp delivery pump, or just go with a external delivery pump. But I guess I'm so darn stubborn that I wanted to stick witht he stock setup that I argue with myself against it every time... plus, I really wanted to get my fuel system, as set up (stock), all worked out. It seems to be there now... so I'm happy. But again, there is a very strong argument for converting. The only reason, and I repeat, the ONLY reason, is the ease of access to the fuel pump... no need to drop the tank and I should be able to get a stock pump anywhere.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

I like the idea of a swirl pot (accumulator). I ran one on my FSJ.... used the in-tank pump (155L) in the LR discovery fuel tank to fill the swirl pot, and fed a Holley Commander 850 external pump thru a 1/2" EFI filter. NEVER had an issue here. The swirl pot held 2 litres of fuel, but if I did it again, it would be more like 4 - 5 litres. Keep up the good work, Steve. :D
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

SteveG wrote:I'm having major project ADD over here. I'm in the middle of a few other projects but for some reason decided to start working on the Bronco again.
At least I'm not the only one on this board who suffers from ADD of cars...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

One project......ha.

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
SteveG wrote:I'm having major project ADD over here. I'm in the middle of a few other projects but for some reason decided to start working on the Bronco again.
RSR

Post by RSR »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:One project......ha.

ChaseTruck754 wrote:

Same here!
hobbyturnedobsession

Same here.........
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

At the moment, I leave home at 6:30 am, start work at 7 and finish anywhere from 8 pm to 11 pm....... 6 - 7 day a week. By the time I get home, all I have time for is dinner, a shower and bed.... and some time for GFB! ADD would be nice......... and a vacation to CA :roll:
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

If you connect the dots here you'll see that Steve didn't sell his Bronco when he could have. Maybe he still has interest.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/