Andy J's 1995 xlt

Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Bajaluv »

Getting closer dude !! Those don’t have much of a bulge ? Think you will need to trim the lip for tire clearance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

Bajaluv wrote:Getting closer dude !! Those don’t have much of a bulge ? Think you will need to trim the lip for tire clearance ?

There a 3 inch bulge. They actually suck horribly ! Lol
I’ll never buy another Fiberwerx product in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Jones

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

Drivers side mounted at 100% !Fiberwerx Glass is the biggest piece of shit EVER !

Bajaluv

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Bajaluv »

Well get her on the road she’s so close. Then save your beers cans for the autofab set . I’m really diggin the new 6” bulge.

Andy Jones

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

Bajaluv wrote:Well get her on the road she’s so close. Then save your beers cans for the autofab set Image. I’m really diggin the new 6” bulge.

For sure ! LolImageImage definitely getting autofab when these get blown out.!

biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Re: Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by biggiek »

How does it actually attach to the body? More curious than anything.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

So in Fiberwerx defense those bedsides were designed to wrap the corner. So when you cut 6" off there will most definitely be alignment issues because you suddenly changed angles and body lines before the fiberglass was ready to make the proper transition back to sheet metal. I have installed several sets of Fiberwerx glass and it is not perfect (better than most) but lines up pretty good when installed how the were made to be installed. Fiberwerx produces our bedsides and I have heard nothing but good things about our bedsides that we shaped and I am neutral as I do not sell our bedsides anymore gave them to Fiberwerx. Bronco is looking good but just wanted to clarify the reason you may be having installation frustration.
Andy Jones

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

hollandermotorsports wrote:So in Fiberwerx defense those bedsides were designed to wrap the corner. So when you cut 6" off there will most definitely be alignment issues because you suddenly changed angles and body lines before the fiberglass was ready to make the proper transition back to sheet metal. I have installed several sets of Fiberwerx glass and it is not perfect (better than most) but lines up pretty good when installed how the were made to be installed. Fiberwerx produces our bedsides and I have heard nothing but good things about our bedsides that we shaped and I am neutral as I do not sell our bedsides anymore gave them to Fiberwerx. Bronco is looking good but just wanted to clarify the reason you may be having installation frustration.
When the glass was setup to be properly installed, there was no way that the body lines would’ve lined up at all. The flattop part of the fenders radius didn’t have a similar angle as the car at all. The QC on these fenders are total shit. The difference between the drivers side and passenger side bulge is about 1.5” as well. If I would’ve payed full price for these fenders I would be pissed..

hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Sorry to hear that. I will relay to Jason to see if mold is damaged so others do not in encounter the same issue. 1.5" bulge difference is huge so there is definitely an issue somewhere. As for lining up I will tell you that until corners are cut out of the bronco they will not line up. It is one of the first steps in hanging that style glass and also one of the most stressful parts. We went crazy on John Bittings bronco because he wanted to retain sheet metal around the tail light which they were not designed for but luckily I have a good fiberglass guy next door to the shop those are fiberwerx bedsides as well. Whether they are free or If you payed for them deal or no deal you have valid reason to be pissed if they really have quality issues. Not trying to cover for them at all but sometimes QC slacks due to many different reasons whether business is growing too fast, too busy, or too many different things going on ect. just reach out and ask them what is going on and give them a chance to make it right. I avoid bashing companies whether I have legitimate issues or not because we are in a very small community and word travels quickly and you never know when you will need something from that company or a company affiliated with that company. I will tell you from a business owner that put a lot of faith in my employees I have had a couple instances over the years where I lost money on components but was given the opportunity to make right with the customer and we did because I want all of our customers happy because that is what keeps us going. At the end of the day as a business owner you must stand behind your product. Sorry for your frustration let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the situation.

On a side note the bronco looks to be really close I am stoked for you to finally get to use it hopefully soon.
Andy Jones

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

hollandermotorsports wrote:Sorry to hear that. I will relay to Jason to see if mold is damaged so others do not in encounter the same issue. 1.5" bulge difference is huge so there is definitely an issue somewhere. As for lining up I will tell you that until corners are cut out of the bronco they will not line up. It is one of the first steps in hanging that style glass and also one of the most stressful parts. We went crazy on John Bittings bronco because he wanted to retain sheet metal around the tail light which they were not designed for but luckily I have a good fiberglass guy next door to the shop those are fiberwerx bedsides as well. Whether they are free or If you payed for them deal or no deal you have valid reason to be pissed if they really have quality issues. Not trying to cover for them at all but sometimes QC slacks due to many different reasons whether business is growing too fast, too busy, or too many different things going on ect. just reach out and ask them what is going on and give them a chance to make it right. I avoid bashing companies whether I have legitimate issues or not because we are in a very small community and word travels quickly and you never know when you will need something from that company or a company affiliated with that company. I will tell you from a business owner that put a lot of faith in my employees I have had a couple instances over the years where I lost money on components but was given the opportunity to make right with the customer and we did because I want all of our customers happy because that is what keeps us going. At the end of the day as a business owner you must stand behind your product. Sorry for your frustration let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the situation.

On a side note the bronco looks to be really close I am stoked for you to finally get to use it hopefully soon.
Thanks Brandon!
And I do totally agree that somewhere down the line something happened as far as QC. I’m not pissed about the Quality of the product. It’s the fitment of it. After all said and done.. the glass is going to get trashed anyways with the abuse of the desert. At that point I’ll have to really choose wisely on what glass I pay for.

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Unfortunately this is all too common in the glass for these off road trucks. I dealt with this a lot when having molds made in the past. People don't want to pay a ton for glass what may/will get beat off road, so it's a fine line to walk with how much time/$$ is spent in making a decent plug and mold. Let alone the parts that come out of the molds. Unfortunately there are companies out there that know they will sell glass no matter what, so they crap together a plug, and then make a crappy mold off that. They then try & pull hundreds of parts off a mold that shouldn't be used past building 20 parts. It's much more than QC - trust me. The problem starts much earlier on in the process.
There is a reason autofab glass costs more, and also why the fit and physical quality of the parts is better as well. I've dealt with fitting and running glass from all the majors aside from McQueen really. I can easily give you my best to worst list as far as quality & fitment.

But yeah, you've spent the time to fit them & make them look good for now so just run um til you trash um. At that point, when you are looking for a replacement set, look back on this day & remember that sometimes a couple hundred bucks more for glass is worth not having to spend 8 extra hours getting the crap to fit reasonably!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Andy Jones

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Unfortunately this is all too common in the glass for these off road trucks. I dealt with this a lot when having molds made in the past. People don't want to pay a ton for glass what may/will get beat off road, so it's a fine line to walk with how much time/$$ is spent in making a decent plug and mold. Let alone the parts that come out of the molds. Unfortunately there are companies out there that know they will sell glass no matter what, so they crap together a plug, and then make a crappy mold off that. They then try & pull hundreds of parts off a mold that shouldn't be used past building 20 parts. It's much more than QC - trust me. The problem starts much earlier on in the process.
There is a reason autofab glass costs more, and also why the fit and physical quality of the parts is better as well. I've dealt with fitting and running glass from all the majors aside from McQueen really. I can easily give you my best to worst list as far as quality & fitment.

But yeah, you've spent the time to fit them & make them look good for now so just run um til you trash um. At that point, when you are looking for a replacement set, look back on this day & remember that sometimes a couple hundred bucks more for glass is worth not having to spend 8 extra hours getting the crap to fit reasonably!
TRUE! Lol

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by cs_drums »

I am picking up my 6” bedside from fiberwerx next week. I hope I have bettter luck. I’ll say I think it’s just the nature of fiberglass. I had two sets of McNeil 6” bedsides. The first set fit like crap and hung different side to side. The second set was 100% better. I think as mentioned you get what you pay for. Premium
Glass comes at a premium price. I for one won’t ever get Autofab, because it’s so good haha. I don’t want to pay the extra $$ because the crappy stuff looks good enough for an Offroad toy. That’s just my opinion though.

Yours is looking good brotha!

Andy Jones

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

cs_drums wrote:I am picking up my 6” bedside from fiberwerx next week. I hope I have bettter luck. I’ll say I think it’s just the nature of fiberglass. I had two sets of McNeil 6” bedsides. The first set fit like crap and hung different side to side. The second set was 100% better. I think as mentioned you get what you pay for. Premium
Glass comes at a premium price. I for one won’t ever get Autofab, because it’s so good haha. I don’t want to pay the extra $$ because the crappy stuff looks good enough for an Offroad toy. That’s just my opinion though.

Yours is looking good brotha!

Thanks Brian!

Andy Jones

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

If anyone is interested.. I’m selling the rear Fenders I just picked up. $100

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Since the discussion is about rear glass, I’ll fitting and the greatness of Autofab. I have Fiberwerx on my F150 and I internationally chose to have my tail light areas stay intact so if and when they get wayyy hammered the tail lights are still functional. I will say my quality was decent and heavy and the wheel opening was accurate. The rear AF F150 glass is absolutely in the wrong position because they were designed for a race truck probably 20 years ago. If you ask AF they are correct in the positioning but the gap behind the wheel is huge and looks ridiculous on a stock wheelbase truck. Moral of the story, even the “best” Offroad style glass isn’t very good unless you get a bodyman to really put in the hours to work it all out. If your truck is all desert truck it’s like make it close- if it’s more of a prerunner, hotrod, mall curb jumper combo —then a nice fitting part is how you will like it but it’s going to require a lot of work. I do think something worth the extra cost especially if you do work the panels for a nice fit is a spray on bedliner to the back of the part. Really adds to the parts structure.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
Andy Jones

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

Looking for a set of Autofab Bedsides for the Bronco. Keep an eye out!

Bajaluv

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Bajaluv »

Andy Jones wrote:Looking for a set of Autofab Bedsides for the Bronco. Keep an eye out!

Like this Image

Andy Jones

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Andy Jones »

Few updates. Finished the Brakes and drove her out of the garage in front wheel drive. Got the Autofab Glass mounted. need to do a couple more tweaks and they’ll be perfect. Got my 3rd member and 12” 3.0 Bypass shocks for the rear. Almost go time !!!!

Bajaluv

Andy J's 1995 xlt

Post by Bajaluv »

I want at least 5 days notice for first dirt trip.