Camel Joe Bronco 78

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: Camel Joe Bronco 78

Post by Rmc »

I hope mine aren't too stiff :?
cdnbronco
Bronco Info: 1978 bronco, 3 link front, 4 link rear, fully caged, 460 engine, custom fiberglass,

Post by cdnbronco »

[HBW]22 wrote:
Rmc wrote:I just ordered a new set for the front of mine and the guy was saying 250 over 300 up front, I went with lighter initial valving and a bit heavier spring and ordered 300 over 400...I think.
Nice man. We tried a couple different set ups on mine, but all of them had a tall ride height. 250 over 300 worked great for ride height with 7 inches of stoke left on the 14inch shocks.
I also made a couple of spring setups on mine and ended with 300/250. It is a bit soft but you keep your shock in the middle of their travel range! I wonder what the MOSS are running for the desert?
[HBW]22
Bronco Info: Full long travel 78 bronco

Post by [HBW]22 »

cdnbronco wrote:
[HBW]22 wrote:
Rmc wrote:I just ordered a new set for the front of mine and the guy was saying 250 over 300 up front, I went with lighter initial valving and a bit heavier spring and ordered 300 over 400...I think.
Nice man. We tried a couple different set ups on mine, but all of them had a tall ride height. 250 over 300 worked great for ride height with 7 inches of stoke left on the 14inch shocks.
I also made a couple of spring setups on mine and ended with 300/250. It is a bit soft but you keep your shock in the middle of their travel range! I wonder what the MOSS are running for the desert?
Yeah it would be cool to know what the MOSS are running to. With the bypasses my spring rate is perfect. Before I had the bypasses It was to soft and it hit the bumps all the time! I don't even have bumps in the front now and it has never bottomed out the front. I love bypasses I am glad I spent more money and time to do them.
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

300/400
Ford 4 US
Bronco Info: 96 and 79 (79 is a basket case right now)

Post by Ford 4 US »

Well thanks for the info all.....
king 700, Eibach 1400.300.0600... Gona bounce me off the planet...
Should be fun,
[HBW]22

Post by [HBW]22 »

Ford 4 US wrote:Well thanks for the info all.....
king 700, Eibach 1400.300.0600... Gona bounce me off the planet...
Should be fun,
Springs are pretty cheap I just bought 4 from viper spring for way cheap.
[HBW]22

Post by [HBW]22 »

Okay so going to be fixing the motor in the next couple weeks and getting it ready for Halloween weekend. My plan is to back half it after Halloween so I can start tuning my shocks. I will be moving the fuel cell behind the seats and will be running two horizontal stacked spares in the rear. Reason for this is I am trying to get a better departure angle for crawling in the rear and run dual spares. Also trying to make it so I can have more storage for trips like Rubicon that I plan to do. I might also make a removable roof rack later down the rode.

here is a rough sketch of my back half ideas. Feel free to share your ideas and opinion. Trying to make it functional with more rear ground clearance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this is the set up I'm thinking on how to load and unload the tires easy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Ford 4 US

Post by Ford 4 US »

Should be cool.......
looks like it will work well....
[HBW]22

Post by [HBW]22 »

So been super busy lately and haven't had time to touch the bronco, but after next weekend I will be working hard on it for Halloween!! I have some questions that I have been trying to figure out though. I am going to re valve the shocks for this trip and I want to put 30/30 valves in the coil overs which is fox numbers. I am just learning about valving so I don't quite understand it all yet. Since I have race runners how do I figure out racerunner valving compared to fox? Also can you use fox valving in racerunners? Reason for asking is I have a lot of friends that work at fox so they can just get me valves there. thanks
[HBW]22

Post by [HBW]22 »

Never mined figured it all out and will be ordering all the parts soon!
Ford 4 US

Post by Ford 4 US »

Nice
What did you find out i need to re valve the foxs I have hope to drop them off at their shop soon....
[HBW]22

Post by [HBW]22 »

So got the motor running great again and after taking the bronco out a couple times I decided it needed some changes. Crawling it sucks due to lack of visibility and body damage. I was not really happy with the safety of the cab cage that I bought it with. Also I really want to race it and the best class it fits into to is Stock mod ultra4 and KOH has been a dream of mine since I have seen it. So I did something dramatic and it might take me out of the bronco club! The bronco is now going to be a rock buggy with bronco skins. Also Moved to a new house with a 1,500 square ft shop!

The start of the new Buggy cage that we are designing on bentech

Our plan is to be ready to race next years dirt riot season and work our way up to KOH.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Looking forward to seeing the new stage for this thing!
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Wow man that is quite dramatic but it should be rad when completed, are you keeping the beams up front or are you going solid axel?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It's a '78 Robert so it already is a solid axle.

Or maybe you just reversed the words in your question?
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Oh ya.... Sry haven't seen this one in a while, I forgot the older ones were solid axel.
[HBW]22

Post by [HBW]22 »

Got some work done on the cage for the bronco. Also working on switching out the manual trans for a c6. Just waiting on parts to start building the c6.

Joxracing
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains

Post by Joxracing »

looks killer. Im excited to take some of the style of this cage and incorporated it with out cage design on the new truck. Cant wait to see this one done!
[HBW]22

Post by [HBW]22 »

Joxracing wrote:looks killer. Im excited to take some of the style of this cage and incorporated it with out cage design on the new truck. Cant wait to see this one done!
Thanks man, I have been making more progress on the new chassis. Hoping to get a lot more done tomorrow and next week.

Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Looks good, I love that style corner gusset btw.