Ryan's '96

RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Re: Ryan's '96

Post by RyanDS650X »

Lees Ferry on the Colorado river, horseshoe bend and Lake Powell did not disappoint.Lone rock beach has been awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
crisis88
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Post by crisis88 »

Very nice!! I’m trying to get out to Northern Cali towards the end of summer for a week of camping and wheeling. I’m also wanting to explore Utah. Now have to put lake Powell and horseshoe bend on the list. Looks awesome!
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

nutsert tool was one of the best investments ive ever made hands down
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Ryan - if you're still in the Powell/Horseshoe bend are do upper or lower (or better yet both!) antelope canyon. You have to book a tour since it's on Navajo land but it's so worth it!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Powell is awesome. We go every year definitely worth the trip. The bronco looks good!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

crisis88 wrote:Very nice!! I’m trying to get out to Northern Cali towards the end of summer for a week of camping and wheeling. I’m also wanting to explore Utah. Now have to put lake Powell and horseshoe bend on the list. Looks awesome!
Page is s great area for sights and wheeling. Check out Paria beach at Lee's Ferry if you make your way to the vermillion cliffs or north rim. Beach is sandy and has a sand bar 15ft out from the beach to swim and cool off.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Ryan - if you're still in the Powell/Horseshoe bend are do upper or lower (or better yet both!) antelope canyon. You have to book a tour since it's on Navajo land but it's so worth it!
Corona hit the Navajo nation pretty hard so we will save that for another trip but it's on the list for sure. Horseshoe didnt disappoint, we were there at 7am and only 4 other people in the parking lot.

-shockseals.com
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

The current situation didn't even dawn on me... Probably a decent call to skip antelope canyons for now, but definitely worth the trip some other time!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

We planned on going to the North Rim for a few days on our way back home but the Magnum fire had 89A closed down and Jacob's Lake was evacuated... we hit the road for Flagstaff and found a road to Whitehorse Lake where we camped out in the Kaibab forest for a night.

-shockseals.com
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

RyanDS650X wrote:We planned on going to the North Rim for a few days on our way back home but the Magnum fire had 89A closed down and Jacob's Lake was evacuated... we hit the road for Flagstaff and found a road to Whitehorse Lake where we camped out in the Kaibab forest for a night. Saw a heard of elk and we rolled in to camp too.

-shockseals.com
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Cool that you and your Wife take the Bronco on these trips Ryan.....good job.
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

1Hondalover wrote:Cool that you and your Wife take the Bronco on these trips Ryan.....good job.
Thanks Jim, we look forward to summer trips and this was a good one all things considered.
This was JD dam, lots of ducks and huge frogs all over the place. Tons of elk sign and even some bear scratches on the far side.Image

-shockseals.com
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

Who wants to play Name that part....Image

-shockseals.com
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Yikes! Time for a new steering gear box. I think solo has a thing to make it a double sheer and help with this.
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

Tchajagos wrote:Yikes! Time for a new steering gear box. I think solo has a thing to make it a double sheer and help with this.
I clubbed a rain rut at the parker race that ended my day before it started...Image

-shockseals.com
toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

Is that why we saw your Bronco sitting out next to the Alamo Lake Road where we turned off to go back to our viewing spot at North Well? You were running your RC car. My co-dog said, "hey, that's Ryan. We'll probably see him later at the spectator spot". You never showed up and were gone when we came out in the late afternoon.

Todd Z.
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

toddz69 wrote:Is that why we saw your Bronco sitting out next to the Alamo Lake Road where we turned off to go back to our viewing spot at North Well? You were running your RC car. My co-dog said, "hey, that's Ryan. We'll probably see him later at the spectator spot". You never showed up and were gone when we came out in the late afternoon.

Todd Z.
Yep that was us waiting on a flat bed to take her home. We hitched a ride with a buddy to go watch the race.

-shockseals.com
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

RyanDS650X wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:39 pm
Tchajagos wrote:Yikes! Time for a new steering gear box. I think solo has a thing to make it a double sheer and help with this.
I clubbed a rain rut at the parker race that ended my day before it started...Image

Nice! been eyeing one of those as well. You'll have to let us know how you like it.
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

Becks_Bronco wrote:
RyanDS650X wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:39 pm

Nice! been eyeing one of those as well. You'll have to let us know how you like it.
So far so good. Installed it friday, got an alignment and it drives just fine. That old one i broke was nice and tight till I broke it and this Redhead box feels the same, no complaints.

-shockseals.com
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

Super bummed to see this place closing. This track has been such a great place for all things motorsports, dirt track roundy round, motocross and the sand and mud drags. Its closing down due to noise and dust complaints due to encroaching land and home development.
If any of you AZ guys wanna come lose to me one last time at the sand drags, I'll be there!

-shockseals.com