Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Post by Pickuptrucker »

this thing is going to be cool, I'm excited to hear how difficult the swap is
xjgiles_
Bronco Info: 1996 lariat bronco

Post by xjgiles_ »

Pickuptrucker wrote:this thing is going to be cool, I'm excited to hear how difficult the swap is
The swap its self won’t be bad. Getting it running and turbo’s on will take a little work. But I’m cutting the fire wall and moving it all back some. This will be the 4th coyote swap I have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

xjgiles_ wrote:
Pickuptrucker wrote:this thing is going to be cool, I'm excited to hear how difficult the swap is
The swap its self won’t be bad. Getting it running and turbo’s on will take a little work. But I’m cutting the fire wall and moving it all back some. This will be the 4th coyote swap I have done.

Turnos. As in more than one. That should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:
xjgiles_ wrote:

Turnos. As in more than one. That should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I’m shooting for 650 ish hp should make that with about 10-12 lbs and twins. I have a pair that never made it to my raptor before I sold it.

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Finally received my 9” just waiting for a few parts then I can start building it

Quicksand
Bronco Info: 1995 XL long travel 37s

Post by Quicksand »

Tagging along, especially for swap knowledge. I'd be stoked with some base Coyote power.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Quicksand wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:16 am
Tagging along, especially for swap knowledge. I'd be stoked with some base Coyote power.
Stock coyote power is easy. The ford control pack makes it simple. That’s what we did on my dad’s 68 bronco. I will be trying to make my own control pack because I enjoy doing that kind of stuff
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Last nightImage
I spent some time working on my son’s math. What better way to learn math by machining some parts to finally start building the axle for the bronco!Image

Quicksand

Post by Quicksand »

The answer to the "I'll never use this stuff" question. That's the way to learn. Nice lathe.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Quicksand wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:57 pm
The answer to the "I'll never use this stuff" question. That's the way to learn. Nice lathe.
Yeah he is good at math already just working on his on the fly adding and subtracting. Figure he wants to be a machinist like me when he gets old so start training him now so he is further a head when he starts trade school
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Started welding in the axle so far the face plate is in place and burned to the axle tubes. I started burning the back of it on I do 2 welds per side then let it cool 100%. I do 2 welds a day on it. That way I keep it as straight as I can. It currently sits at 72” tube end to tube end I will need to shorten it some once I decide what hubs ect will go on the ends of it.Image

Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

looking good keep it up!
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Pickuptrucker wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:43 pm
looking good keep it up!
Thanks hopefully get to work on it more soon as I put a couple deer in the freezer lol
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Axle is all welded up! Next it will be getting a back brace some mounts and figure out what I’m doing for hubs.
Attachments
IMG_1491.jpeg
IMG_1491.jpeg (1004.9 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Quicksand

Post by Quicksand »

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing the hubs on. What WMS width you shooting for? I'm on the hunt for a 9". My 8.8 with spacers is not going to last.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Quicksand wrote:Nice work. Looking forward to seeing the hubs on. What WMS width you shooting for? I'm on the hunt for a 9". My 8.8 with spacers is not going to last.
I’m shooting for 74” to match my front end. This axle is from rhodesracecars weld it your self housing I called and got them to cut the axle tubes longer. My current 9” that’s built and never been used will end up in my rat rod I’m building.

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Made some room for the coyote in the engine bay this evening. Fired up the old plasma cutter and cut out the gear box and old engine mounts to get it ready to sit the coyote and 6r80 in the engine bay!

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Monday evening I stuffed the coyote and 6r80 in the frame time to start cutting and moving things to make it all fit!

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

xjgiles_ wrote:Axle is all welded up! Next it will be getting a back brace some mounts and figure out what I’m doing for hubs.
Nice, I have toyed with the idea of doing my own 9" full floater. I hope to get a new fixture table this next year and it would be perfect to keep everything straight while welding things together. I need more practice on my TIG welder, but hope to do it all with the TIG.

Did you use a alignment bar inside? I plan to use one if I do mine and I can turn the tube pucks to center the bar. I got the idea from the axle narrowing kit's I was seeing on Ebay.

I want 3.5" tubes and the end goal is 71" wms to wms to match my +3 per side front.

I have a ton of other work, before I get to the rear axle. I can run my current 9" that is 3" tubes and stock width with a truss I had Currie do new about 20+ year's ago.

David