1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

xjgiles_
Bronco Info: 1996 lariat bronco

1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Post by xjgiles_ »

Just had this delivered yesterday 2-12-22 from southern Tennessee to michigan. The first thing I did was wash the salt off it from its ride up here. Now I start planning out my build. Plan so far is McNeil racing glass and dash Holley efi and going to swap to a 4r70w. Going to buy extended beams 12” coil overs and cage it. I’m undecided about the rear right now. I keep telling my self just keep it simple with leafs but I also want to just link it lol. As far as shocks go I’m going with Carbon Shocks 3.0 coil over front and 3.0 triple bypass rear. I would like to add a set of twin turbos once I have it up and running which is why I’m going with the Holley terminator x. That’s all for now I will try to keep this updated as I get parts Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Post by BDKW1 »

Nice start, that thing has not seen much road salt in it's life.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Well just went out to see if it would start and turns out the 351 is locked up… so looks like I will finally be using that big block with cnc ported dove heads

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Keep us informed if you do the Big block.
You can get motor mounts from Bronco Graveyard.
I have been I have them contemplating the swap in my Bronco also. I was also looking for a good standalone fuel injection system to use on mine that I already had the multi-port injection I'm looking at the Terminator x working for me. You should check it out
Here is the link..
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile ... fo/30907A/
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Wrightracing.net wrote:Keep us informed if you do the Big block.
You can get motor mounts from Bronco Graveyard.
I have been I have them contemplating the swap in my Bronco also. I was also looking for a good standalone fuel injection system to use on mine that I already had the multi-port injection I'm looking at the Terminator x working for me. You should check it out
Here is the link..
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile ... fo/30907A/
Yes bronco graveyard is about 30 min from me. I used them when I built my 74 and my dads 68 and my brother-in-laws 74 we are currently building lol. My dads 68 has a twin turbo 5.0 and uses the terminator x works great. My buddy also uses it in his race cars

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Ordered a set of solo +4.5 beams and radios arms tonight! Should be about 2 weeks out!

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Well in a nice turn of events I was standing at the clock about to leave work when a bronco popped up about a hour away from me. It had a solo motor sports cage, solo coil over mounts solo radius arms solo rear shackle hangers and shackles as well as Q80 springs. It’s a roller but was a frame off from out of state (Arizona) so it’s clean so I will be selling the black one and picking up where the guy left off with this one.

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Nice score on that last one! Saves you a bit of work there and will go nicely with the beams you just ordered.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Nice score on that last one! Saves you a bit of work there and will go nicely with the beams you just ordered.
It will for sure and at $4200 it was a really good deal lol

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Based on bronco prices right now and with all those parts that seems like a steal!
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Few parts have started to show up for this. I told my wife I wouldn’t work on it until I finish my 77 super cab build but that doesn’t mean I can’t order parts. I got my switch pro which I plan to use to run all my electronics in the bronco. I also got a 2:1 steering quickener my beams should be here in a week or so. I have my 460 up on a stand and getting ready to order a cam and gaskets for it so I can get it set in the frame.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

77 supercab huh?? What's the scoop on that build!?!?
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:04 am
77 supercab huh?? What's the scoop on that build!?!?
It’s nothing special lol just a 77 f250 with a 12v Cummins zf5 and 2010 superduty axles and suspension under it. It’s one of 2 super cabs I own
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Sounds boring... Was the 77 2wd or 4wd originally?

I have a '74 crew cab with a 12v and NV4500 sitting on the side yard. Mine only has a 78/79 d60 front and 2002 sterling 10.5 rear though. I had a '74 supercab that was supposed to be the desert toy but marriage and kids came along and the supercab left. Crew cab is "for sale" currently, but it's like selling off a kid so it hasn't left yet.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Sounds boring... Was the 77 2wd or 4wd originally?

I have a '74 crew cab with a 12v and NV4500 sitting on the side yard. Mine only has a 78/79 d60 front and 2002 sterling 10.5 rear though. I had a '74 supercab that was supposed to be the desert toy but marriage and kids came along and the supercab left. Crew cab is "for sale" currently, but it's like selling off a kid so it hasn't left yet.
Original it was a 2wd but now it’s 4x4 short bed. It’s going to be my tow rig. It’s a flat bed and will live hooked to a trailer. I’m sure my dad will use it just as often as me. Lol

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Nice tow rig!

Random, but if you know anyone with a supercab looking for a piece of the "race track" trim I have one here. It's the skinnier trim that would be toward the bottom of the body. It's supercab specific and I grabbed it from the junk yard years ago so it didn't get scrapped as they are hard to find. I put it on the facebook early ford groups off and on but haven't found anyone who needs it yet.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Nice tow rig!

Random, but if you know anyone with a supercab looking for a piece of the "race track" trim I have one here. It's the skinnier trim that would be toward the bottom of the body. It's supercab specific and I grabbed it from the junk yard years ago so it didn't get scrapped as they are hard to find. I put it on the facebook early ford groups off and on but haven't found anyone who needs it yet.
Right on I didn’t not know any one other than my self with super cabs but will keep it in mid if I see anyone looking. I need to get more recent pictures of the truck but haven’t worked on it in a while. I will be pulling it out of the barn this week to take it to my dads and set up my rear suspension on it. He has a lift and that’s where my mill and lathe are his shop is heated all the time and mines not

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Well I did a few things on the bronco while I’m waiting on parts to show up for my Cummins swap. I picked up some used +6 front fenders and temporarily installed my steering quickner. I took the opportunity to teach my niece how to use my lathe and mill had her make me a Litle adapter. I also picked up a 4x4 c6 that needs a rebuild and started collecting parts for my 460 swap. I’m waiting on my solo beams and some 2.5x14 coil overs. Image
On to a couple picsImage

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

My beams and coil overs came in yesterday! I can’t wait to start building this! I also started assembling the 460 that’s going to be in this. Cleaned the block up put the ported dove heads on it and sat the intake on it. I have also installed the cam and lifters and roller rockers since I took this picture.