1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Progress is a good thing and new part are always fun and a way to get us chomping at the bit to build!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
xjgiles_
Bronco Info: 1996 lariat bronco

Post by xjgiles_ »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Progress is a good thing and new part are always fun and a way to get us chomping at the bit to build!
Yep my tow rigs almost done so it’s just about time to start it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Nice! I've got the sad reality of REALLY listing my crew for sale now. It's been "for sale" for about 4 years to keep the marital bliss. New toy in the driveway though and unfortunately my baby has to leave. At least I can still look on longingly at others dentsides and dream.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Looking good. Now the long running list of assembly.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Looking good. Now the long running list of assembly.
That’s the easy part. Lol

hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Yeah its always they cycling clearancing and moving a thousand times before assembly. That is the tough part.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Yeah its always they cycling clearancing and moving a thousand times before assembly. That is the tough part.
I have a kit so hopefully everything is pretty straightforward lol

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Yeah its always they cycling clearancing and moving a thousand times before assembly. That is the tough part.
Also nothing but a frame up front so once I get to working on it I will build minimal structure so I won’t have to worry about hitting anything lol

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Going to start throwing parts at this thing this coming week! In preparation I got some paint on the engine last nightImage

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Got to finally start on this last night! Started with removing the stock beams.Image

Once I had the new beams on I reinstalled the knuckles and wheels and tires
Had to see what it looked like at full bump.

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Monday evening I installed my coil overs and measured for my steering I’m going to be building.

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

xjgiles_ wrote:Monday evening I installed my coil overs and measured for my steering I’m going to be building.

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

My dad son and nephew helped my tuck the 460 and c6 in to the bronco this weekend. One step closer. I ordered a bunch of hemis and some brackets to start building my steering. Until it shows up I’m going to work on the front end. Start tiring the cage and everything together. Mount the radiator ect Image

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

I finally had some time to work on this! Saturday I made a steering swinger and mounted my steering quickner, installed my headers and started on my dash. Waiting for some tube and hemis for my steering so I can finish on that. Plans are to build a trans crossmember next to get that crossed off the list then rear shock mounts and fuel cell mount. Image

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Started on a trans crossmember then I remember I had one from my raptor still. After a little trimming it fits great. Image

Also Had my boy put the pads rotors and steel braided brake lines on

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Little more work on this unfortunately I broke my ribs over the Memorial Day weekend so work will slow on it for a while but I will still work on it when I’m feeling up to it

ntsqd
Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"

Post by ntsqd »

I'm guessing based on the wet ground and the lack of smog check concern that you're not in KA. ;)

Some time ago I had a project Baja that got stalled by massive work over-time and then a friend talked me into selling it to him. The electrical plan was to use one of the Hella removable key type battery kill switches as the "Ignition key" with a push button for the starter and toggles like these true mil-spec Honeywell (ect.) toogle switches for all of the switching. The TL series switches are rated for 15 amps which eliminates the need for most relays. They aren't cheap, but IME they're worth it for both their simplicity and and reliability. A pdf that breaks down the part numbering etc.: https://prod-edam.honeywell.com/content ... load=false I've been successful in searching amazon for all of the versions of these switches that I've needed.
The horn button was the only break from the TL toggle switches plan, for it I was planning on using one of these: https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/sh ... 0m0r-10rzc
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

ntsqd wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:59 pm
I'm guessing based on the wet ground and the lack of smog check concern that you're not in KA. ;)

Some time ago I had a project Baja that got stalled by massive work over-time and then a friend talked me into selling it to him. The electrical plan was to use one of the Hella removable key type battery kill switches as the "Ignition key" with a push button for the starter and toggles like these true mil-spec Honeywell (ect.) toogle switches for all of the switching. The TL series switches are rated for 15 amps which eliminates the need for most relays. They aren't cheap, but IME they're worth it for both their simplicity and and reliability. A pdf that breaks down the part numbering etc.: https://prod-edam.honeywell.com/content ... load=false I've been successful in searching amazon for all of the versions of these switches that I've needed.
The horn button was the only break from the TL toggle switches plan, for it I was planning on using one of these: https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/sh ... 0m0r-10rzc
I’m in michigan so don’t have to worry about smog. I will be using the switch pro for controlling everything I need
xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

ntsqd wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:59 pm

I’m in michigan so don’t have to worry about smog. I will be using the switch pro for controlling everything I need
ntsqd
Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"

Post by ntsqd »

I saw the SwitchPro and had assumed it was more for lights and that sort of thing. It was the lone toggle and the push-button in the panel that triggered my post.
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.