My96. SlowMotion

96UAV
Bronco Info: 96 XLT --Under Construction--

Re: My96. SlowMotion

Post by 96UAV »

Rmc wrote:Looking good! The red with black top and black looks bad ass.
Thanks! I couldn't handle the hot pink top. That was one of the first mods I made after I bought the truck in 08'. It gets a few coats of rattle every year. Been looking for a factory black to swap.
Deslboy
Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 351. Currently being built. Solo c&t beams, solo radius arms, solo shock hoops

Post by Deslboy »

don't forget a bumpstop and limit strap. Looks like you mounted your lower tabs a bit lower than Solo sets theirs up. Nothing wrong with that. It may sit a bit lower which is good. When I set mine up Carl at Solo told me to leave 2.5" from the top of radius arm plate to bottom of frame rail at full bump. Looks good. I like the red/black combo with those wheels
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

Deslboy wrote:don't forget a bumpstop and limit strap. Looks like you mounted your lower tabs a bit lower than Solo sets theirs up. Nothing wrong with that. It may sit a bit lower which is good. When I set mine up Carl at Solo told me to leave 2.5" from the top of radius arm plate to bottom of frame rail at full bump. Looks good. I like the red/black combo with those wheels
Ah! Kinda wish I could've had this feedback before I stitched em up. I tried calling Solo but couldn't get a hold of em. (Pretty rare) So we gave it the ol college try. From the looks of everything it seems like it'll be ok...but yeah I've still got to get strapped and bumped. Thanks for the heads up!!
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

Getting some of the small stuff buttoned up between work and mountain biking. New wheel bearings and ball joints along with a new set of warn premium locking hubs. Ordered all the brake line and fittings from Speedway motors needed to button up the brakes after the ABS delete. Still need to get through the wiring portion of that job. Looking for bumps and limit straps to wrap up the front end. Also need to get a spanner wrench to adjust the coils. (that'll be a whole new learning experience too).

ImageImage

Also got some steam rolling with my 357 build. Finally got pushrods measured, ordered and installed. If anyone is ever going to do a build or replace powertrain parts and choose to get different rocker arms, DO NOT get the Comp Cams Pro magnum rocker arms. It took me forever and a day to figure out why I couldn't obtain proper geometry before realizing the trunnion bearing in that particular rocker is too large and won't allow the rocker to adjust high enough on the stud to obtain proper rocker to valve ratio. Went with the Scorpion 1.6 that AFR recommended and boom.Image

Ran into this though....it seems as though the pushrod guide plates are keeping the rocker tips from aligning correctly on the valve stem. Anyone ran into this before? Image
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

Well the trip to Solo was nice and smooth. I spent about a hour or so with Bobby and Paul and I gotta say I couldn't feel more comfortable about who's hands my Bronco is in. Great guys over there. Getting rear Deavers with shackle conversion, King smoothies with remote resi's, Fox bumps and cans strapped all around, front bumper, and possible rear bumper and roof rack...we'll see how this little trip stretches my finances....it'll be well worth it though! Pretty stoked.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Sweet, Bobby mentioned you dropped your rig off this week. I'll be there in a few days to pickup mine. When I go I'll snap some pics for you!
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

tcm glx wrote:Sweet, Bobby mentioned you dropped your rig off this week. I'll be there in a few days to pickup mine. When I go I'll snap some pics for you!
Good man! Its funny actually seeing broncos you've watched online for so long in person. It's like meeting a celebrity or something. Good looking Bronco!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Hahaha for sure. Thanks!
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

Let me know when you are heading back was unable to work out in regards to getting cores to you. Looks great jealous of the deavers!
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

biggiek wrote:Let me know when you are heading back was unable to work out in regards to getting cores to you. Looks great jealous of the deavers!
Yeah for sure man! Was wondering if that was just gonna be your plan. Should be a few weeks.
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

Since the bronco is at Solo for a few weeks I can focus on getting this engine build done. This has been one of the longest projects I've ever had going. Building an engine from the block up with all new parts is tedious and expensive! One step at a time.
Valve lash dialed. Lower intake installed. Headers installed. Valve covers hand tight. Purchased an oil primer tool from summit for about 14 bucks but it's too small (1/4") for the ARP oil pump shaft I bought. Of course the ARP (5/16") tool is almost 50 bucks! Crazy. Prolly try to make my own.

ImageImageImageImageImage
biggiek

Post by biggiek »

Looks amazing super jealous!
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

nice
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

Got some pics from Solo today of the rear bumper they built for me. Going to pic her up next week!

biggiek

Post by biggiek »

I like the design if only they would offer one like they do for the front.
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

biggiek wrote:I like the design if only they would offer one like they do for the front.
Paul said they took like 50 pictures of it and will more than likely put this one into production with the swing out tire carrier as an option. So I'll have a one-off original for a little while anyways... ;)
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

My96. SlowMotion

Post by Tchajagos »

So you have to unbolt that one bolt every time you want to open the tailgate? What's that little handle thing there next to that bolt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

[quote="Tchajagos"]So you have to unbolt that one bolt every time you want to open the tailgate? What's that little handle thing there next to that bolt?

So from what I understand the bolt is just in place for now...Ill be able to put a padlock or cotter pin of some sort secure the gate. I haven't seen it yet in person and kind of let the fab guys have free reign on the design. It looks like the T-handle is either a screw in or spring loaded locking pin to keep it secured. We'll see in a couple days.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Off topic but I really dig the tailgate. Nice job.
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

Couple more pics from Solo. Having them add a jack mount to the rear bumper before I pick her up Thursday. Should sit nicely once the suspension settles.