Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Re: Well finally found a Bronco

Post by yikes »

That looks clean!
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Thanks, has a few minor dings and scratches but not bad......... 5.8 , manual transfer, OD trans, needs some TLC to front end. Wander like crazy. Gonna start collecting parts before build...... so kind of need .... well everything!!! looking to go wide, 4'' , 35s ,2.5 coil over/ bypass, Caged, maybe linked been reading a few of he pros and cons . Between mild and wild (on a budget of coarse,LOL) Here is the part I haven't seen anybody talk about yet, Sounds crazy, but I still want to be able to Flat tow it behind the RV. Whats your thoughts????? Nothing to the Motor until the suspension and cage is done ( unless I find some kind of deal that is )
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Neutral on the t-case and away you go...I think??
Cactus Cooler

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Yea thats why I looked for a Manual transfer case, but I was wondering how many guys on here have actually done this with the specifactions I had said???
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Not shure on flat tow but I think as long as u keep stock steering column for locking reason no biggie. Congrats on the purchase though, welcome to the bottomless pit club lol. Looks like a great starter.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Geoff from Giant flat tows his bronco all the time. He loves it!
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

and his is linked too.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Rmc wrote:Not shure on flat tow but I think as long as u keep stock steering column for locking reason no biggie.
Locking the wheel is just plain hard on things. After trying to drag the wheels off My glass car I made a nice little setup with tie down and 2 bungy cords. The tiedown hooks from the bottom spoke on the wheel, around the cage, to the other side and through the cage then back to the bottom spoke of the wheel. This will put a little turning resistance on the wheel and limit it's turn amount. I then attach a bungy cord from the bottom spoke going to each side to keep it centered. It no longer grinds the front wheels off when turning and the wheels won't flop to on side and get drug off going strait.

If you have enough castor and some sort of steering damper, this might not be necessary. Beam cars don't have a lot of castor due to manual steering and the damper is long gone.........
Cactus Cooler

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Well to my knowledge your not suppose to lock the steering wheel at all, the vehicle will just follow as the towing vehicle moves forward. You just cant backup but more than than a foot or two...... My question was more on the line of how a LONG travel truck would compare to a regular tow behind vehicle, meaning suspension issues...binding with a four link, etc...... I wouldn't think so, you see jeep guys do it all the time, but usually its a straight axle in front not TTB. The FURDs gonna serve as a dual purpose truck. Obviously I would trailer it if I knew I was going to be using it as a prerunner in Mexico or for a harsh weekend of fun, But I would like to still be able to flat tow it behind the RV for the more simpler weekend trips to the beach with the wife.

Well a list of thing that I will be needing if anyone has things sitting around and willing to part with:

1. 3 Mastercraft seats Black/tan preferably

2. 4" extended, cut ,turned & plated beams ( Southwest, Solo , Threat, Camburg, Auto FAb etc.) w/ crossover steering

3. KINGS or FOXs coils and bypasses

4. A 9" rear end floater , but gonna hold off until I get the front end

5. An ETON for a Dana 44 and 9"

6. Glass, but again might wait until I have front and rear installed. Although I really like the NEW McQueen glass, I heard they are starting on quarter panels.

7. More to follow, as I start getting some of the major parts.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Cactus Cooler wrote:Well to my knowledge your not suppose to lock the steering wheel at all, the vehicle will just follow as the towing vehicle moves forward. You just cant backup but more than than a foot or two...... My question was more on the line of how a LONG travel truck would compare to a regular tow behind vehicle, meaning suspension issues...binding with a four link, etc...... I wouldn't think so, you see jeep guys do it all the time, but usually its a straight axle in front not TTB. The FURDs gonna serve as a dual purpose truck. Obviously I would trailer it if I knew I was going to be using it as a prerunner in Mexico or for a harsh weekend of fun, But I would like to still be able to flat tow it behind the RV for the more simpler weekend trips to the beach with the wife.

Well a list of thing that I will be needing if anyone has things sitting around and willing to part with:

1. 3 Mastercraft seats Black/tan preferably

2. 4" extended, cut ,turned & plated beams ( Southwest, Solo , Threat, Camburg, Auto FAb etc.) w/ crossover steering

3. KINGS or FOXs coils and bypasses

4. A 9" rear end floater , but gonna hold off until I get the front end

5. An ETON for a Dana 44 and 9"

6. Glass, but again might wait until I have front and rear installed. Although I really like the NEW McQueen glass, I heard they are starting on quarter panels.

7. More to follow, as I start getting some of the major parts.

Sry was thinking tow dolly.