Lowrance App?

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Lowrance App?

Post by VintageIronFab »

Is there a possibility that you can get an app from Lowrance that turns a tablet/iPad into a GPS- maybe with a wireless gps lowrance style dome antenna ?

I’ve posted 2 questions because I want the GPS of the lowrance but I want a bigger turn by turn when I’m needing to find whatever place I need at the time— there’s just got to be a way to have both and not buy some 10 year old technology off eBay!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: Lowrance App?

Post by Wrightracing.net »

VintageIronFab wrote:Is there a possibility that you can get an app from Lowrance that turns a tablet/iPad into a GPS- maybe with a wireless gps lowrance style dome antenna ?

I’ve posted 2 questions because I want the GPS of the lowrance but I want a bigger turn by turn when I’m needing to find whatever place I need at the time— there’s just got to be a way to have both and not buy some 10 year old technology off eBay!
All these year's and Lowrance still don't have one. Garmin has a USB version with Window's. I am thinking about one for my Panisonic Toughbook cf-31 laptop to mount in the Bronco. I don't know how good they are and I have old Lowrance 2000 era monochromatic 5in GPS units and I like those, but a bigger screen, newer color and newer features would be nice.

David