GPS tracking off the grid options

funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

I have used all 3 and Baja Track seems to give me more communication ability along with the tracking.

Baja Track
spot
delorme

Feedback would be much appreciated.
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Re: GPS tracking off the grid options

Post by funinthesun95 »

we ran the Baja track again at the 500 work great.....
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

What's Baja Track?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Does Baja track work on what device.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

I have used Spot several times for several years with zero issues. Something I have been looking into for security purposes is vehicle GPS tracker from one of these companies like Geo sky. It allows you to check on vehicles whenever you want. It will also send you a text if the vehicle has been parked for more than 10 mins and starts to move. It will actually send you a SAT image of vehicles location as well from what I saw during the demo. After talking with my insurance company I am starting to feel that vehicle GPS tracking could be a great benefit on our high dollar rigs with low replacement value.
PaleRider
Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco with aftermarket lift, BroncoAir bumpers

Post by PaleRider »

Good info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Post by DMbronco »

hollandermotorsports wrote:I have used Spot several times for several years with zero issues. Something I have been looking into for security purposes is vehicle GPS tracker from one of these companies like Geo sky. It allows you to check on vehicles whenever you want. It will also send you a text if the vehicle has been parked for more than 10 mins and starts to move. It will actually send you a SAT image of vehicles location as well from what I saw during the demo. After talking with my insurance company I am starting to feel that vehicle GPS tracking could be a great benefit on our high dollar rigs with low replacement value.
As mine was coming out of paint I decided I needed something to help me sleep at night.

I checked out most of the options out there and went with GeoSky Alert. https://www.geoskyalert.com/index.php

As Brandon mentioned, it offers real-time tracking and motion alerts that you can set to a specific speed. In case of power loss, it has a 24 hr batt life.
It offers options like door, tailgate or toolbox aux alerts as well.

Taylor had one installed on his old F150 and he was able to pull our tracks up when we got back from runs.

The ability to track it yourself and actively pursue and recover the truck if it was stolen (without any middleman to slow up the process) was a huge bonus.

My family's ability to track the Bronco should i not return home from a trip also represents huge upside and pretty much eliminates my need for a Sat Phone.
If stranded, I could sit tight knowing they'd have help heading my way.

Another big differentiator was the international coverage. I live within an hour of Mexico and the functionality of GeoSky across the border is a nice feature.

Last, they are a local company and Ron is the man. He personally showed up on a number of occasions as we set it up and worked out an initial bug.
Awesome support and quick response.

I bet if we had a group of GFB guys interested a better deal might be had <------------