http://leadnavsystems.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leadnav ... 69281?mt=8

This seems to be the Apple GPS APP to use....for offroad

Anyone? try it
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Leadnavsystems Apple offroad

Post by birdco85 »

I've had it for a while for use on my dirt bike. I used to be able to save areas for offline use but Now it's an upgrade. I upgraded and am slowly saving shots of Baja. It takes a while to get any sort of definition though. It uses mbt files and they have the Baja 500 course on their website for free. Is a nice app, just wish they didn't charge $30 year just to be able to save Maps.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Leadnavsystems Apple offroad

Post by cs_drums »

Looks pretty sweet
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Leadnavsystems Apple offroad

Post by SteveG »

We were just talking about this. It looks like a more refined MotionX?
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

30$ a year not that bad in the big picture and to share on Iphone to Ipad so multiple units. along with lots of other uses for the two .....vs my lowrance offroad only....hah
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

Battery and mounting comes to mind next..... for the support crew this could be a great tool
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Ram makes great mounts, I have one in the truck and one on my Honda Trx450er quad. I have a GPS Lowrance mount and a phone mount with a water proof case. On the quad, I wired them to the battery.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Was just talking to Joey - JHart about this... seems like there are multiple subscription types the also offer up a gms antenna that's $150... Subscriptions go from $20-150/yr ... the big boy subscription is $150/yr

I'm a toddler when it comes to understanding off-road GPS/Nav systems thus far and am trying to learn...

Does it make more sense to use my iPad and this application with antenna/mounts etc and be able to do local GPS/Music/Nav or put my HDS8 in the truck for off-road nav and use my phone for everything else? How difficult is it to download the MORE maps into this app? or other existing maps instead of plotting/capturing your own map

Problems LMAO
Kartman
Bronco Info: 88 with big shocks and stuff.

Post by Kartman »

If I had a tablet sitting around Id consider this option. However I would buy a Lowarance way before buying an overpriced Ipad for offroad nav
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I have View Ranger GPS on my Phone and Samsung 12.2 Tablet. It is great on and off network service. I am running Android. I have not used it in the desert yet, but I will try it when I can. I have not tried to convert or load USR files yet. I currently have 2 older Lowrance 5" monochromatic gps units. I love them for race course mapping and for racing, could be bigger to make it easier on the eye's.