Different Use for Tire Swing Hinge?

robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Different Use for Tire Swing Hinge?

Post by robertcrav »

I know it's not a 'new' idea, but since most of us ditch the factory tire swing, has anyone removed the tire carrier part and left the hinge mounted to the body to use as a whip and/or antenna mount? Like maybe just the upper hinge?
95bronco12
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 5.8 4inch lift on 33's

Re: Different Use for Tire Swing Hinge?

Post by 95bronco12 »

robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Exactly!
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Cool idea!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I have been working an idea to use mine to build a tower for long range race radio. Back in the day, when my dad and I use to char, we would set up a tower for longer range reception.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Nice....year or so ago I had seen a pic of a guy that used the hinge pin hole for a whip and drilled another hole closer to the body for a cb antenna...and I saw a cb mounted 'normally' to a tire swing on the freeway so wanted to bring it up and document it.

Tony would the long range just be for when you are parked?
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

robertcrav wrote:Nice....year or so ago I had seen a pic of a guy that used the hinge pin hole for a whip and drilled another hole closer to the body for a cb antenna...and I saw a cb mounted 'normally' to a tire swing on the freeway so wanted to bring it up and document it.

Tony would the long range just be for when you are parked?

Yup. We carried three poles that were 5 ft talk each. The slid into each other. My dad had a mount clamped to the rear tire swing. I'd like to do it more permanently into the swing portion. I have two spare tire carriers at home for it.

When you set up a remote pit, pull out the poles and run a second antenna. Ez pz.