Rugged Radios true colors

baja-chris

Rugged Radios true colors

Post by baja-chris »

Interesting to see what the people at Rugged Radios are made of.

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showth ... -customers)
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Rugged Radios true colors

Post by Nick »

I'm a nobody, and PCI has always treated me like a somebody! They will always get my business and referrals.

It's too bad that some businesses feel the need to stoop to unethical business practices to make a buck.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Bummed to see Rugged Radio. I purchased an intercom and headsets from them and while on the phone the guy helping me kept telling me how they build all of PCI's units. I believe now that is not the case. I am about to buy a four person intercom and PCI will get my business now.

Chris
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

BajaBronco13 wrote:I purchased an intercom and headsets from them and while on the phone the guy helping me kept telling me how they build all of PCI's units.
Funny part is, Avcomm builds the intercomms for both company's.......
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

BDKW1 wrote:
BajaBronco13 wrote:I purchased an intercom and headsets from them and while on the phone the guy helping me kept telling me how they build all of PCI's units.
Funny part is, Avcomm builds the intercomms for both company's.......
Not all...
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

It's amazing how thoughtless some of the responses are from business owners. You would think RR would at least make some attempt at damage control. Shame.
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

People have been doing this since the beginning of the internet. It's still kind of a wild-west in that sense. Not condoning anything, but they're not the first company to do this and they will not be the last.
My car is a hybrid; it burns gas and rubber.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

What they are doing might not be technically illegal, but they are treading in a trademark minefield. Using another company's trademarked name to direct traffic to their business is legally wrong, as well as morally wrong. One only needs to look at what happened to RJM Injection..... Ford's lawyers took over his domain name and threatened legal action because he was using the name Ford in his website name. They might consider it a "creative marketing strategy" but it shows a certain disregard for honest trade practices.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Phoenix0783 wrote:People have been doing this since the beginning of the internet. It's still kind of a wild-west in that sense. Not condoning anything, but they're not the first company to do this and they will not be the last.
That's true but it's a small market and this kind of behavior is not going to gain you more sales at the end of the day. Especially now that the cat is out of the bag. Bad move on Rugged Radios' part if you ask me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybersquatting

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/ ... 29778.html

http://searchsoa.techtarget.com/definit ... rsquatting
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

BajaBronco13 wrote:
Phoenix0783 wrote:People have been doing this since the beginning of the internet. It's still kind of a wild-west in that sense. Not condoning anything, but they're not the first company to do this and they will not be the last.
That's true but it's a small market and this kind of behavior is not going to gain you more sales at the end of the day. Especially now that the cat is out of the bag. Bad move on Rugged Radios' part if you ask me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybersquatting

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/ ... 29778.html

http://searchsoa.techtarget.com/definit ... rsquatting

Agreed. Its a VERY small segmental market, and there is a lot of that small market wont like what Rugged have done.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

BajaBronco13 wrote: not going to gain you more sales at the end of the day.

THIS!!! How many people would truly mistake going to the wrong website and then order from Rugged.... none of us that know of PCI, and those that dont probably would not have gone there anyways......

BAD MOVE
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

tcm glx wrote:

THIS!!! How many people would truly mistake going to the wrong website and then order from Rugged.... none of us that know of PCI, and those that dont probably would not have gone there anyways......

BAD MOVE

So, I shouldn't own bajahidS.com? or BahaHid.com ??? CRAP!!!!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote:
tcm glx wrote:

BAD MOVE

So, I shouldn't own bajahidS.com? or BahaHid.com ??? CRAP!!!!

Go right ahead..... those sites are only worth about $14 bucks!! hahaha
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

You know I have been following the thread on RDC and I am truly disappointed in the manner that rugged is dealing with this. I have always had good service from PCI especially at the race. One race they guys in the trailer not only troubleshot and repaired a helmet mic/earpiece but troubleshot a GPS problem for us and got the GPS in the car A-1 ready for race day. We were the last team at tech too and still walked away with a few cocktails and some swag on top of it. This was the silver state race this year.

I was not sure of the relationship between PCI and rugged as I was told by them (RR) as well that they supplied PCI.....After reading all that has gone on and a few things that were alluded too I will not consider doing buisness with RR the responses on RDC from them IMO were in very poor taste.

Thank you to PCI for treating all of your customers as well as you do!
Jeremy
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

shockseals.com wrote:Not all...
OK, all the ones worth buying........
SuperSixAxis
Bronco Info: 1996 5.8, E4OD

Post by SuperSixAxis »

Dude, I am buying GoFastBurro.com...gonna take over!
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

SuperSixAxis wrote:Dude, I am buying GoFastBurro.com...gonna take over!
:lol:
Jeremy
Dezertbronco
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB

Post by Dezertbronco »

I was at the off road show this year and RR was saying that if they wanted they would just buy PCI and put them under but since they make all of PCIs radios it would hurt their business. Total BS and I called him on it he wasnt happy.

PCI will contenue to get my money.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I work on radios and sell refurbished radio and I think it is messed up to miss lead people. I have done business with PCI, Rugged and Racer X. They all have had their good days and bad days when it comes to customer service. I just think playing games does not help a company. I refer guys to PCI and Racer X most of the time because I can trust them. Racer X returns the favor by referring people to me because I specialize in the first generation of the Kenwood radios. If a company plays games it makes it hard to trust them.
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

Racerx is my choice for radio stuff,they have always been great to work with.
Rugged always seemed like a fly by night kinda place so I never bought anything thru them.