ICOM IC 2100

Dezertbronco
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB

ICOM IC 2100

Post by Dezertbronco »

I was buying an IC 2100 from a guy online but after speaking with scott at PCI im nervious, i am being told it was in a chase vehicle for a class 1 car that would tell me it is modded already right?

The Question is will this radio work for me ? its under $200 for the radio ant,ext speaker and a Headset with mic.

mind you I go to races 3 times a year....

Thanks
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: ICOM IC 2100

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'd think it was fine for what you will do. The radio I've used for years is a Icom 2100h. I've had no issues with it. If the thing is coming out of a chase vehicle then yes it should already be modded. If not then someone on here can most likely do the mod for you if you don't want to do it yourself (should be easy to find out how searching online).
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Dezertbronco

Post by Dezertbronco »

going to try and hustle him a little bit, if not its one of rojos motorola units....
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Dezertbronco wrote:going to try and hustle him a little bit, if not its one of rojos motorola units....
If the price is the same as Tony's, i'd get his. Oh, pci is the last place to call about modding a radio! They hate that, along with the v8000.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

The 2100 and V8000 are both good radios. I also have a V8000 for sale for $200. If it was used in a desert truck it's already modded.

The radios Tony are selling are great too, just a different style setup with the face plate and base unit.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Dezertbronco

Post by Dezertbronco »

Scott at PCI isnt partial to icom thats for sure. he has always been good to me so I went there, its a great deal for the price, it just might end up back on RDC but the headset is new and so is the speaker,and mic all of which i will keep. I will eventually end up with tonys radio either way, its the same thing with hids, i ended up going to tony after lots of failures. he has always treated me right...
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

I have ordered 5 of tony's radios for our race org up here in oregon, and they work great.
i have a ic2100 icom in my bronco that i use daily and i will use it more than the motorola. the only thing about the icom is the mic..... get rid of the dtmf mic,they are super picky in dust will fail, i have 3 that i rotate operation with (only because i have them) and i am constantly pulling them apart and fixing the PTT (hence the "stuck mic's " you hear about on the weatherman broadcasts)
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Dezertbronco

Post by Dezertbronco »

scott told me he wouldnt touch it without me buying a new mic. i think he was kidding but who knows?
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Matt for the price difference I would get one from Tony its a great unit I am looking forward to putting mine in once I pick it up from him just my two cents though.
Jeremy
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Just my 2 cents.... drop the Icom and go for the Motorola. I have both and they don't even compare.