New member-Covered Wagon Overland

Well? Who are you?
Coveredwagonoverland
Bronco Info: 1996 5.8 Mid-Travel rides like a covered wagon

New member-Covered Wagon Overland

Post by Coveredwagonoverland »

Hello everyone!

New member who has been reading through the forums for years

My name is Max, thought I’d finally introduce myself after a few years of reading write ups from awesome members. I reside in Phoenix AZ but more importantly own a 1996 Bronco with some mild upgrades and has been a work in progress for the last 6 years or so. I also own a recently acquired 1984 XLT which is going to be another project to hopefully restore to its former glory.

Mostly my wife and I, and our two dogs, use the covered wagon (96 bronco) for camping and off-roading fun, nothing crazy like prerunning but we do spend 3-5 nights
Off road trips camped out of it here and there. If anyone ever wants to go on a trip let me know!

Specs for vehicles;

1996 Ford Bronco XLT
Paint : Black
Interior : grey
Engine : stock 351w running Castrol magnatech 5w30, k&n intake to throttle body, aftermarket radiator, aftermarket radiator reservoir, aftermarket windshield washer reservoir/pump(short story-the one unit broke on the trail and required welding or a new part), Mobil 1 extended oil filter, 150k of what is probably still making more power than an equivalent Chrysler motor(year not displacement), a lot of zip ties and elbow grease.
Drivetrain : 3.55 stock gears front and rear, Auburn pro lsd 8.8 rear, synthetic atf in e40d OEM transmission, OEM transfer case. Autozone brake discs front, autozone ceramic pads front, oreilly drums rear, oreilly Budget pads rear, dot 3 synthetic fluid, abs disabled.
Suspension/tires: Desolate Motorsports cut n turned front running 4 inch coil springs w/ 2.0 fox single shocks, deaver f53 rear springs, desolate Motorsports extended shock mount, Barnes spring perches welded to correct degree, Fox 12” 2.0 rear shocks, gladiator qr800 m/t 33x12.50x15, Alcoa 15” wheels 2/ steel spare, 10” limit straps front, no sway bars.
Misc : randy Ellis design 50x72” roof rack, autozone ago battery, nice battery clamps, a CD player that only sends power to three speakers, spectrum second skin entire interior, 6mil foil insulation entire exterior, raptor lined cover. $20 amazon flood lights that work just as well as my buddies $1000 lights and I can buy 500 of them if they break to match what he spent. Probably some stuff I’m forgetting.
Armor : one off front, rear and rock rails.

1984 Ford Bronco XLT 77000 MILES (say for 15 years)
paint : white on silver
Interior : Ron burgandy
Engine : 351w HO 4bbl with clogged jets, leaking oil that ruined my driveway, and one cylinder w/ 400psi compression (other 7 are between 115-145), all oem.
Suspension : built Ford tough
Drivetrain : all stock with no brakes until I bleed them
Body : surprisingly clean save for a few dents and scratches, only surface rust
Misc : everything is falling apart because it sat in the sun for 15 years but at least it came with a bunch of spares, and a really cool CD player that doesn’t work because whoever messed with the wiring on this thing provided the same expert mechanic level of a Jabba repurposing a droid.
Armor : it’s a Ford

My Instagram is coveredwagonoverland if you would like to see pictures. Anyway, great to finally be a part of the forum and meet all of you!

Max
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Re: New member-Covered Wagon Overland

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Welcome! Usually summit has good options for things like valve springs. There's a wealth of knowledge here, so someone will probably have a link or part number.