baja-chris is Chris Wilson

Well? Who are you?
baja-chris

baja-chris is Chris Wilson

Post by baja-chris »

Hey guys. Neat site. I know several of you and hope to meet the rest. I've been a fan of twin traction beams for a long time (have owned a couple Rangers, a ttb Class 8 and now a Bronco).

I use my bronco mostly in baja but sometimes trailer it elsewhere. It's funny, I will drive it to La Paz and back without a second thought but if I need to go to Nevada or Barstow or Parker it goes on the trailer. I call it Ole Yellar. I think others call it the Tecate Wagon.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Re: baja-chris is Chris Wilson

Post by yikes »

Chris, yours is one of the most well known Broncos out there. Many of us have tons of respect for the knowledge you and Paul have of Broncos. Welcome to the site. A great addition.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

yikes wrote:Chris, yours is one of the most well known Broncos out there. Many of us have tons of respect for the knowledge you and Paul have of Broncos. Welcome to the site. A great addition.
X2!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Thanks for joining, Chris! I've been a fan of the Wilson Broncos for a long, long time. It's great to have you guys here!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

x3 i look forward to seeing your input to the site as well!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
RSR

Post by RSR »

Welcome Chris. Is your bronco yellow?
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

welcome chris, great to have you here!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Hey Chris, familliar with your truck and I met your dad in San Felipe. I'll say hi next time I see the truck around.

Erik S
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Welcome Chris!! Your Bronco is an inspiration for many (including me.. need some pics of your front fenders by the way!!). Glad to have you here, and look forward to meeting you soon!!
baja-chris

Post by baja-chris »

RSR wrote:Welcome Chris. Is your bronco yellow?
Yes, I call it Ole Yellar, a name assigned by Tony Tellier. Here's a couple photos of Ole Yellar taken from our last trip a month ago. It looks a lot more stock than it is. It's a great truck and we use it a lot.
Attachments
IMG_3449.JPG
IMG_3449.JPG (41.64 KiB) Viewed 749 times
IMG_3428.JPG
IMG_3428.JPG (65.35 KiB) Viewed 749 times
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_3421.JPG (56.18 KiB) Viewed 749 times
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Looks great!! And yes, I have heard she is far from stock. What front suspension are you running? Actually, how about a build thread on the Rides section! I am sure others want to see as well!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Wow!! I've never seen a picture of it on 35's. Ha!
baja-chris

Post by baja-chris »

Oh you noticed the new shoes. Got a great deal (free) on some old race beadlocks and had them polished before putting the 35's on. I'd been holding off on bigger tires until I could get a few upgrades done to deal with the heavier tires.

The front hubs are now turning on some trick 300M spindle snouts. The steering now has a single relay arm, ram assist, and is all double shear custom stuff. I also finally had the beams fully boxed, added a bridge truss to the left of the diff, and switched to a spherical bearing for the pivot instead of stock bushings.

When we cycled the suspension in the shop with the 35's they hit the fenders at full compression and full lock but if I ever actually do that and don't land on my roof then I'll be stoked I only broke a fender. I'm running the "Stock Full" profile front fiberglass. Zero flare, stock profile but the opening is opened up a couple inches. It give the truck a stock look. I ran the San Felipe whoops as hard as Ole Yellar would go (not very fast) but used up all the suspension, a couple tank slappers and the tires never hit the fenders. They did polish up my firewall and inner fender. As part of the swap to 35's, we made a steel sheet inner fender to protect the wiring harness and computer which is still in the stock location.

The last thing I wanted before bigger tires was more power. I now have a big EFI stroker, low compression for 87 octane but pulls real hard, even with the bigger tires it never lacks for power now. As far as a build thread, it's too much work. all my pics are on various computers and 3 meg files that have to be resized, sorted, etc. I gotta work to pay for my baja habit! I'll feed out tidbits as they seem relevant.