New Guy From Bay Are

Well? Who are you?
Knuckledragger
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco with 351w and C6, stock for now

New Guy From Bay Are

Post by Knuckledragger »

Hi guys, my name is Mike and even thought I'm not new to going fast in the dust I'm new to Broncos. I've spun a wrench for most my life in the diesel and dirt bike world. Due to the growth of the family the last toy I built had to move on to someone who could enjoy it. And it was at that point I got the bug for a Bronco, even if the wife rolled her eyes when it showed up :lol:
I've read a few things on this site and loved the amount of knowledge and useful information I've found. Hope to start a build thread soon.
My new project is a 1985 XLT with 351 and a C6, it's pretty much stock but that will all change soon. I'm going to keep the brick nose but was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the fender molding, all I seem to keep finding is the fender well trim.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (372.58 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: New Guy From Bay Are

Post by Nick »

Welcome!

One of the nice things about your era truck, is the ability to trim the fenders making more room, and still appearing stock.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

Welcome dude! first things first, ditch that bull bar and looks like you might have a body lift on there as well. I'll actually be up near you at the end of this month visiting family so if you need any parts lemme know
Potato.
Knuckledragger

Post by Knuckledragger »

Thank you for the welcomes i am excited to build it up and start enjoying it with the family. The goal is to trim the fenders and keep sheet metal and i think with the factory fender molding it will give it a clean finished look (i'm sure the snow ball effect will take over from there haha).
i know i know the bull bar is coming off, even though it adds a nice sleeper aspect, and i already have new body mounts to replace the body lift.
Thank you for the offer zachwabbit i truly appreciate it! where roughly are you located? i have parts ready at threat, just trying to find time to drive down there to pick them up. the parts pile is steadily growing and tear down has already begun
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

I live in Jamul(San Diego County), but me and my girl will be driving up to San Francisco for a bit, making stops in Monterey, Vallejo, and LA. Actually now that I think about it, I wonder what kinda cool retro sleeper look you could get goin with that guard, definitely nicer looking than the one that was on my old Bronc. Looks like you got the more aesthetically pleasing factory rear bumper too, instead of the ones that most newer Bronc's have that hang way down past the bedsides and get caught on everything
Potato.
mounty71
Bronco Info: Mercury Mountaineer

New Guy From Bay Are

Post by mounty71 »

What part of the Bay Area? I'm in Oakland and have my truck at a friend's down in Santa Cruz normally, where he has a small shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Knuckledragger

Post by Knuckledragger »

Thanks zachwabbit I appreciate it. Yeah I was toying with the idea off full blown sleeper but I'm sure once I start the cage and trimming up the sheet metal I'll end up doing bumpers as well lol
Mounty71 I'm in San Jose right up against downtown Campbell