Mounty71's Introduction

Well? Who are you?
mounty71
Bronco Info: Mercury Mountaineer

Mounty71's Introduction

Post by mounty71 »

I've been lurking here for quite a while now and I frequent some other similar forums so some of you may be familiar with my truck. My name's Matt and I have a '00 Mercury Mountaineer V8 I've slowly been building and enjoying for the last 13 years. I've always had a thing for old Fords and one day I know I'll own a Bronco, but we've had at least one Explorer in my family since I was a kid and I can't seem to shake my love for them. I won't go into much detail about it since it's pretty well documented on other parts of the internet, but here she is:

ImageImage

The basics of the current setup are a pieced-together 4.5"+ LT kit, custom Deaver pack, and a Bronco 8.8. While I have a ton of fun with my truck the way it is, I find myself heading more into the mountains than the desert these days and (call me crazy) I have dreams of conquering the Rubicon Trail, so I'll soon be getting started on a 4wd conversion by way of converting to TTB. I've been stockpiling parts for a while and doing as much research as I can fit into each day. I've already been able to find answers to many questions here and I know I'll have more. I'm also still on the hunt for some parts so I'll be on the lookout for those as well.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Nice, welcome!
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Re: Mounty71's Introduction

Post by johncharlesb »

Welcome, it is good to see you here. These guys are a great bunch of folks. You should consider starting a thread for your truck as it sits now so everyone can see your work. I would like to see that rear tire carrier on the stock skinned bumper, and the 4.5+ front.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Man I love exploders. I sometimes miss my '91. Such great all around vehicles and dirt cheap starting points now-a-days.

While I am definitely a forum whore I haven't seen the buildup on this and I'd be interested. If you don't want to take the time to post all the pics here - how about a link instead?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

Welcome! Love your truck.

Todd Z.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Why not go into much detail? Brag it up! It's a very cool ride, and well, most of us are too lazy to go looking for all the info on it.

And welcome, by the way!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
mounty71
Bronco Info: Mercury Mountaineer

Mounty71's Introduction

Post by mounty71 »

Haha alright I'll add some more when I get a chance later. Thanks for the compliments!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Cool rig!
Sho nuff,
SteveG