Seasoned Racer into Broncos NV

Well? Who are you?
Bradleys
Bronco Info: Converting ford centurions to TTB and cantilever rear suspension, plus two used 90 broncos

Seasoned Racer into Broncos NV

Post by Bradleys »

Hello, my name is Brad Falin I have been actively involved in off road racing since 1983, I am getting into Broncos. I feel they have great oppertunitys ahead. My current project is a centurion with a raptor fiberglass conversion and TTB front end. I am making plans to build and race a Bronco for vegas to reno this year. Well see if that can happen.
snowman429
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco alot of work

Post by snowman429 »

Welcome, start a build thread and post some pictures.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Seasoned Racer into Broncos NV

Post by dtbback »

Welcome!! I cant wait to see pics!
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Welcome!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

It's been proven over and over again. Seasoned racers love Broncos!

Welcome!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
drewbee88
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.

Post by drewbee88 »

Welcome brad! Is that centurion done yet?
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

Good to see you here Brad! Curious to see more about the race Bronco build for V2R. I like that race but never had anyone to race against when we did it.

"Seasoned Racer" is an understatement. You need to include "Innovative" in that title somewhere.

Don Moss
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Is "Seasoned Racer" a code name for Old Farts. I have only had my Bronco for 24 years. ;-)
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Well seasoned old farts!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

When I first got my Bronco most of my friends had Toyota Pickups and called my Bronco a soccer mom car, until I they realized they could not keep up with me in the ruff. Back in 1992, 12 to 14 inches of wheel travel was long travel, especially compared to the 4wd Toyota's at the time. And a fullsize Bronco that could fly through the big dunes at Glamis was a rarely seen sight back then.

Now days people are clued into how great a Bronco is off road. Something us old time Bronco guys have known for years, welcome to the Bronco family. :-)
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I love it, David. In 1992, the TTB was still cutting edge technology and 14" of travel was definitely long travel!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Bradleys
Bronco Info: Converting ford centurions to TTB and cantilever rear suspension, plus two used 90 broncos

Post by Bradleys »

300 wrote:Good to see you here Brad! Curious to see more about the race Bronco build for V2R. I like that race but never had anyone to race against when we did it.

"Seasoned Racer" is an understatement. You need to include "Innovative" in that title somewhere.

Don Moss
Just a normal 47 year old that only dreams of desert racing all of my child? adult? still feel like 22 year old man. I am thinking of a full blown 6100 2WD bronco. I know its not the norm but the class only has one grandfathered 4wd. The class doesnt want people to build a better mousetrap just the same. I am torn between the 6100 or full blown street legal 1450 with a 557 big block C6 and a gear vendors overdrive. They both cost the same to build. I remember you guys in front of us by 20 minutes in baja one year. Different cars different classes but still having fun in the same desert.
Bradleys

Post by Bradleys »

I will post pictures of the centurion soon. its for my 16 year old daughter, not to fast not to slow, meaning the centurion.