New guy from Va

Well? Who are you?
Drooopy
Bronco Info: 94 XLT 351W/E4OD Mostly Stock

New guy from Va

Post by Drooopy »

Hello All,

I am Andrew from the northern VA area. Lurked and read for a while, but figured I should go ahead and register. I have a 94 XLT 5.8/E4OD bought in 09 that is still mostly stock. I have a lot of parts waiting to go on but, not the parts I need right now. I have Autofab fenders, fender tube frame kit, quarters and hood sitting in my shop from a trade I made a few months ago.

My goal is a daily driver that handles gravel, fire roads and drive on beaches at speeds. I am pretty sure I want cut and turn, extended arms, 5.5 deavers, Deaver rears, 5100's, and 35at's. Have a lot of ideas about what I want, but need a lot of advice.

First question though is about my 5.8 . Had the motor out a few years ago and have not been able to get rid of a cold weather belt squeal since then. I think it is due to the ps pump pulley but not sure. Any thoughts? Second is that I have not been able to get the thermostat housing to totally seal since then either. seems the face on the manifold has warped or something. Thinking of replacing with the Edelbrock efi intake, but that is big money. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.
Drooopy
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

New guy from Va

Post by cs_drums »

Sounds like you have a good plan. I just moved to Virginia Beach this week. Not sure how far you are but if you need help with anything hit me up. My bronco is still in San Diego so I am having withdrawals.
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Re: New guy from Va

Post by johncharlesb »

Welcome. Post up the questions in the general tech or Steve will scold us.

Check to make sure it is not a distributor bushing going bad; they can sound like a bad belt and come from the same area. A huge screwdriver is a superb stethoscope.

The thermostat housing would likely be warped before the manifold is my guess. It could be improper torque, or just corrosion. I would bitch slap some liquid copper on it and bolt it up.

I would save the money from the edelbrock manifold and apply it to Bistein 7100s.
Drooopy
Bronco Info: 94 XLT 351W/E4OD Mostly Stock

Post by Drooopy »

cs_drums wrote:Sounds like you have a good plan. I just moved to Virginia Beach this week. Not sure how far you are but if you need help with anything hit me up. My bronco is still in San Diego so I am having withdrawals.
Hope you get the Bronco over soon. I am up by Dulles.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

New guy from Va

Post by cs_drums »

It's likely gonna stay in SD so I can use it when I go home for thanksgiving. Gonna do a mild build of something out here to keep me occupied.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Welcome to the forum Andrew. I have a buddy who lives in Va. I'll be looking forward to your build, since you already have some very drool worthy parts!!