Fresno transplant from AZ

Well? Who are you?
Border Bronco
Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco XLT 351 Proto Fab rear bumper. Threat Motorsports C&T, Coil spring, Deaver Q-80 SAW

Fresno transplant from AZ

Post by Border Bronco »

Hello all, I have recently moved to Fresno from Southern AZ. I have a 1994 Bronco with a 5.8L that is currently stock except for a newly added Proto Fab rear bumper. I am a long time lurker and have gained a lot of information just from reading/observing. In the past 2 years I have been pulled away from the terrible idea of doing a Rancho lift to now a C&T setup. I have been gathering parts and am close to having everything I need. However having left AZ, I am having to take some time and create new relationships, find new parts houses, etc. I have really appreciated all that I have learned and look forward to being able to add to the pot. I would love to hear from any Central valley folks.

I am looking for a ride quality that will do well at speed in washboard and similar terrain, yet be a capable back country explorer and have decent highway/city maneuverability. Since Fresno is very close to many types of terrain, I would like to not have to trailer for every trip.

As of now I have

Leduc C&T braced/reinforced and uni balled beams
Fabtech coil buckets with shock mount behind axle
Bilstein 7100 10" short bodies front
4" Superlift springs "I think"

Parts needed

need extended radius arms
rear under bed shock relocation mount
rear lift blocks for now, until I recover financially. Eventually the shackle flip/Deaver setup
rear 7100's

Currently rebuilding a spare 3rd member with TrueTrac and 4:10 or 4:56. The rear is currently an 8.8 with 4:10 and TrueTrac.
I haven't decided which gearing I am going to finalize on. currently running 295/70/17. I will eventually get a spare set of wheels and mud terrains in 33x15. don't plan on going much larger then that.

Thank you reading.

George
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Fresno transplant from AZ

Post by Nick »

Hi George! Welcome to the site! I also just moved to fresno. What area are you in?
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Welcome to the site
Border Bronco
Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco XLT 351 Proto Fab rear bumper. Threat Motorsports C&T, Coil spring, Deaver Q-80 SAW

Post by Border Bronco »

Thank you, I appreciate the official welcome. I am in South East Fresno. Temperance and Central in the country. How about you, what part are you in?
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

I'm at bullard and chestnut near the 168
fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Post by fomoco51 »

Welcome to rhe gfb family. I'm near freano in sanger. Off of hwy 180.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Where in southern az?
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Welcome!