fng

Well? Who are you?
alexsmith
Bronco Info: 90 eb 351w e4od

fng

Post by alexsmith »

Another new guy here. Also been stalking the page, finally bought my first bronco couple weeks ago and looking to get the most out of it it's a 90 eddie bauer with the 351 and e4od. Been working on getting it running better but now I'm at suspension and that's why I joined up here. I hear of alot of people running basic suspension lifts and then there are the b@**$ deep guys with coilovers and c/t beamwork. I'm not too sure which direction I want to go as from what I gather leaf spring beamwork and coilovers will put me at around 9k$ I don't really have and would have trouble justifying with the wife. I know I'm not going to be running crazy tires most likely 33s or 35s down the road and also I'm not going to be jumping, I would like to be able to haul @$$ through the desert though. I'm also going to be taking advantage of the 4x4 as I live in the high desert surrounded by hills.what should I be doing with the suspension and what kind of money should I be expecting to shell. I'm a little weary of dropping 9k but I know that will pretty much give me the best of all worlds.btw this bronco is a daily driver. any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated, thanks go fast dudes and no I'm not the quarterback
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

fng

Post by cs_drums »

I would look into s basic C&T kit for the front. Most offer it with grimes radius arms, could and bolt in bilstien. This will give you tons of fun now, bolt on and you have the ground work to add coil overs etc later when you want to step it up.

Solo Motorsport, Richer Racing (Cho & Johnny), Autofab etc all offer kits like mentioned above.

For now if the $$ are limited through some rear bilstien and call it a day. I would roughly guess that would put you around $2500 plus install if you do it your self.

Another thing to consider is the supporting mods. Great suspension isn't gonna be that fun with out gears, locker or your tranny overheating etc.
alexsmith

Re: fng

Post by alexsmith »

Yeah I was going to wait on tires until I re-gear and the e4od has a tranny cooler.I was under the assumption that you cut and turn the beams to bring steering geometry closer to stock after a lift. Thanks for the input that's difinatley worth looking into.
wookiee156
Bronco Info: 1988 full sise aka "The Blue Mare" soon to be prerunner / chaserig

Post by wookiee156 »

I'm in almost the same boat Alex. I've been doing some research (thanks to my new GFB friends ) and I have found most basic cut and turned kits are under 2gs and you get $$$ back when you bring in your cores . most of the cheep lifts (rancho/procomp ext ) just lower your piviotpoints with brackets and msrp is about 1500+ check out my thread :solo basic or threat motorsports c&t kit lots of good info from the GFBers about c&t kits by the way WELCOME TO GFB
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Welcome
alexsmith

Post by alexsmith »

I talked to solo I'm going to do solos entry level kit with q80s for 4500 and later put down another 2500 for kings all around, at least I can space out the kits so it's more affordable but might as well do it right if I'm gonna do it. That's installed out the door just waiting on funds. Maybe this next tax season Hopefully
alexsmith

Post by alexsmith »

Thanks for the input guys really helped me get a price point and direction, the guys I talked to at solo really seem to know their $*** too,which is comforting lol