New Guy from NorCal

Well? Who are you?
gride
Bronco Info: 1993 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer

New Guy from NorCal

Post by gride »

Hey everyone, my name is Nate. New around here but not to the off-road world. I just picked up a 1993 Eddie Bauer Bronco a few weeks ago and so far am loving it. Picked it up from a church who had some old people donate it. It's in pretty good condition for the age and so far seems to have every option (no oil cooler but I haven't been able to determine if the oil cooler was an option in '93). I have some ideas for it but undecided if I should go with a basic coil kit or coil-overs, much more research to do.

Anyways, here's a picture of the bronco the day I got it:

Here is my first truck that got me into the off-road world. It was a 2011 5.0 F150 with Camburg upper a-arms, Fox 2.5 r/r coil-overs in the front and Fox Raptor shocks in the rear riding on 17in. Method Racing wheels and 35in. Goodyear MTR w/Kevlar tires. It was a great truck that unfortunately got wrecked while parked on the street. I'm looking for similar performance out of my Bronco:

I also own a 2006 BMW M5(the one with the v10), a 1997 Mustang Cobra with a lot of work done to it and my first car, a 1966 Mustang:

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: New Guy from NorCal

Post by Rmc »

Welcome to the site. What your pondering really comes down to buget. I personally think I wouldn't waste my time doing springs vs coil over. But mostly it depends on your intended use of the bronco. If you want to go fast the flexibility of a coilover set up is the way to go. Having the ability and adjustability of progressive spring rates is just plain better, but agian boils down to buget and use goals.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Welcome to the forum.

For the Bronco's future. As you probably know it is based on what you want to spend, your mechanical ability and how soon you want it finished. Also what you want to do with it. Trail rigs do fine with a coil lift like Rancho or other off the shelf lifts. If you want a go fast desert rig, a long travel kit from AutoFab, Solo MotorSports or Camburg are some good starting points.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Welcome! That's a lot of nice to us you have there!!
gride

Post by gride »

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Yea no matter what route I go, I'll be going through Camburg, Solo or other shops like that. I always make sure to do things right and maintain proper geometry. I do all my own work too so that should save a good amount on labor.

First on the list is a tune up and steering box replacement.
drewbee88
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.

Post by drewbee88 »

Where are you located? There are a few of us desert guys up here in norcal. Spread around all over. I'm in the central valley around Modesto/manteca area
gride

Re:

Post by gride »

drewbee88 wrote:Where are you located? There are a few of us desert guys up here in norcal. Spread around all over. I'm in the central valley around Modesto/manteca area
Brentwood area, about an hour from you.