Hello from Moss Brothers Racing.

Well? Who are you?
MOSS2

Hello from Moss Brothers Racing.

Post by MOSS2 »

Hi this is Ken Moss from Moss Brothers. Good looking site here. I obviosly like all Broncos since I race the old 79 with my brother Don but I also own three TTB broncos. Two are daily driver. One is just a frame/cab, a pile of fiberglass and autocad sketches. I think this site will bring some positive energy to the sport.

Ken
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: Hello from Moss Brothers Racing.

Post by philofab »

Welcome to the site! You have a lot of fans here!
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Rednek Renegade
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8

Post by Rednek Renegade »

Cant wait for you to start posting! I got a solid axle and I hear you know how to make a truck still perform well with one.
Project el cheap-o
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Really great to have you here Ken! Please post pics of the race truck in the race vehicle section. And i'm sure a lot of people would like to see some solid axle tech!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Its' good to have you, Ken! I would love to see a thread on the race truck.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Awesome to have you here Ken. Another great addition to the site. We caught you in Borrego at the 1000 and I hung out with Bajabronco13 on Saturday to see you and Krellwitz come by the last crossing at hwy 3, as I recall, shortly after the Camburg truck came through. Tough race for everyone. Congratulations on another championship. Keep it going. Class 3 is going to grow sooner or later.
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Welcome Ken, Always glad to see more race experience to be available. Love the 79 and a fan as well. The site is shaping up well.
Jeremy
Jeremy
yogib

Post by yogib »

Are you guys working on anything new to bring to class 3? I know you guys have been doing real well with what you have, but Skilton is hard to beat right now.We need some updated TTB broncos to kick his Butt.I know of a TTB bronco with quarter elliptical and equal length 4x4 beams being built in Corvallis Oregon right now.I think he had hopes of debuting at the Mint race.Anyways good luck and beat them Heeps. :D
magic carpet XLT

Post by magic carpet XLT »

Welcome to the site! Rumor has it that you or your brother was a Poly Goat at one point? Good to have you aboard either way, you have plenty of insight to bring to the table.
Drilim
Bronco Info: 94

Post by Drilim »

Great to have you guys here!
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Hi thanks for the welcomes everybody. I will try and answer a few of the questions by rambling rather than quoting everyone.
I'm not sure what racing will be doing next but it is too hard to stay away. Don has a couple girls in college and I have been traveling a lot for work and don't have much time to commit either.
Yes I agree some new (or old) vehicles need to get in the mix for some competition in class 3. I have a chassis and beginning parts collection for a ttb bronco racer but given my time and money it is on the slow track. It will be built with similar ideas as the 79 which is simple but robust. I really want something to be able to use full power and 4wd. Those dana 44s are for the birds for racing.

Yes I was a Poly Goat active around 87 to 91. I drove a blue 79 toyota pu with a small block chevy in it or dads 72 bronco. My roomate built a quad and started racing Score during that time and we were hooked on Baja since. Lots of Pismo miles and places like cuesta grade and Pozo that are now all closed I imagine. We did a lot then with no money. Good times!

I am writing this from the airport in Germany on my way home. Can't wait for my reception from my 5 and 7 year old girls they make you feel like you just won the baja 1000 by coming home!

Ken
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Yeah, there's pretty much nothing open around here anymore other than Pismo. And even that has shrunk a lot.

It's good to hear you're on your way home. Enjoy your family.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
magic carpet XLT

Post by magic carpet XLT »

its cool to see where people from the goats have gone. i was president in 07, the school has really started to crack down on "high risk activities" like us and we were close to getting kicked off campus a couple times. i would love to share some stories with you sometime, its amazing how little yet so much has changed over the years (i was keeper of the scrap books for a while, pretty sure i saw your yota in there somewhere between the ass hugging wranglers and the coozies). not sure if you need any extra help at the races, but i would love to come out and chase or pit for you guys sometime.

you can still wheel on the grade, tv tower road is getting pretty beat down tho. pozo is fun too, just gotta no where to go.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

It's funny how many people I run into that were goats at one time or another.

I had no idea there was any wheeling on the grade and I've never been to Pozo. I need to check them out some time.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Steve,

Since you are in Pismo area you need to head out High Mountain Road and take the trail to "the Steps" . I would recommed going down unless you really like rock climbing. On your way back stop in Pozo Saloon for a refreshment and food.

We used to be able to go from the top of the grade over the mountain and come out on the highway again that runs between Morro Bay and Atascadero.

Used to be a couple one way trails in Huasna area that were good for entertainment although some places feel kind of creepy and be on the lookout for 'farmers'.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Ken, when you get some time, please start a thread for the race truck in the "race vehicle" section.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."