Noob Tube Time!

Well? Who are you?
lugobean
Bronco Info: stocker 94 xlt with 351w and e40d. nothin special... yet!

Noob Tube Time!

Post by lugobean »

I'm Chris and well ya I'm new here! I've had my 94 Bronco XLT for about 6 months now and I just recently started fiddling with it so I thought it would be time to sign up for a forum!

Well I'm gonna prerun it eventually but I need a job and money first!! Umm I'll prolly do some Threat 4.5" over C&T beams, some 18" Sway-a-Way coilovers and triple bypasses up front with custom rad. arms and an engine cage, and deavers out back to start. Eventually I'll get up to a 4-link with a 9" rearend but that's later!

I'm a Ford guy and I always will be. If my Bronco ever becomes a racetoy that gets trailered, guess what'll be towing it! Yep a little Ford on Ford action! I guess that's enough for an intro!
Last edited by lugobean on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Lugo
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Re: Noob Tube Time!

Post by Silverslk »

lugobean@gmail.com wrote:Well ya I'm new here! I've had my 94 Bronco XLT for about 6 months now and I just recently started fiddling with it so I thought it would be time to sign up for a forum!

Well I'm gonna prerun it eventually but I need a job and money first!! Umm I'll prolly do some Threat 4.5" over C&T beams, some 18" Sway-a-Way coilovers and triple bypasses up front with custom rad. arms and an engine cage, and deavers out back to start. Eventually I'll get up to a 4-link with a 9" rearend but that's later!

I'm a Ford guy and I always will be. If my Bronco ever becomes a racetoy that gets trailered, guess what'll be towing it! Yep a little Ford on Ford action! I guess that's enough for an intro!
Welcome aboard!!! Gonna run those 18" Stay-a-ways through the hood? :D
or just an extreme angle? Most people I talk to say 12-14" work with 16" being more hassle than its worth. But I'm still learning too!!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
lugobean

Post by lugobean »

18" may be a tad overkill! Idk what I'll need yet, that time isn't upon me yet sadly! :x

But soon!

And be nice to SWAY-a-Way! I'm a fan of the underdogs! :D
Chris Lugo
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Welcome Lugobean.

I had a set of sway-a-ways not too long ago that I sold. You should definitely look at a coilover between 12-14" if you are doing a 4wd TTB set up.

Either way start posting some pics of your rig.

Chris
lugobean

Post by lugobean »

Already getting feedback! I like you guys already! It's settled 12 or 14s it is!

Just for the record isn't it better to put an angle on the shocks to make the travel more efficient and abuse it less? I gotta learn all about it!
Chris Lugo
ogre20012001
Bronco Info: 1989 bronco

Post by ogre20012001 »

welcome
1989 Ford Bronco 2.5" lift 33" tires Detorit True-Trac front and rear with 4.56 gears. and soon to install a mile marker 8000lbs Electric Winch!
economig
Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L

Noob Tube Time!

Post by economig »

lugobean@gmail.com wrote:Already getting feedback! I like you guys already! It's settled 12 or 14s it is!

Just for the record isn't it better to put an angle on the shocks to make the travel more efficient and abuse it less? I gotta learn all about it!
You wanna try to have the beam and shock as close to 90* (degrees) as possible at full bump. One of ten thousand examples i didn't read but saw some pics:

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truck-talk/73471.htm

If you look at i-beam or ttb pivot points, you'll see it typically makes shocks fairly straight (up & down)

From experience, for an almost fully collapsed 14" SAW coil-over (with an inch or so out), your shock mount holes/tabs will be in the ball park of 16-1/2" to 17" above top of frame rail. Actual hoop or engine cage can be quite a bit higher with mounting point hanging down. I wouldn't do anything bigger than a 16 on a Bronc and probably wouldn't do that. Good luck mang! :)
T H R E A T Motorsports
lugobean

Post by lugobean »

You wanna try to have the beam and shock as close to 90* (degrees) as possible at full bump. One of ten thousand examples i didn't read but saw some pics:

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truck-talk/73471.htm

If you look at i-beam or ttb pivot points, you'll see it typically makes shocks fairly straight (up & down)

that totally makes sense thank you sir!
Chris Lugo
lugobean

Post by lugobean »

dont quite get the quoting thing yet ^^
Chris Lugo
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

Welcome!!
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk