Fab work

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Fab work

Post by cs_drums »

So my wife officially said I cant spend any more money on the bronco unless i make it on the side. You can check out my work on my build thread "94 Raptor Killer". I have limited space and a full time job so I wont build your TT but please let me know if you need some work done and I will give you a quote.
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Fab work

Post by guard »

cs_drums wrote:So my wife officially said I cant spend any more money on the bronco unless i make it on the side.
Hrmm, what the hell is it with wives...? My wife isn't very enthusiastic on upcoming Bronco expenditures either! Perhaps the best way to change that unsavory mindset is to become independently wealthy. I'm open to ideas/suggestions. :lol:
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

You know I wish I could complain but I can't. She rarely says no and has encouraged the endevor the entire time. Little guy started preschool($$) and several un forseen expenses has put us in a rut. Gotta do what ya gotta do.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Everyone knows wives are funcrushers. Mine put her foot down a few years back when she saw me getting nothing but a few 18 packs out of setting up friends trucks. These days I charge my friends but its a fraction of what a shop would charge. I still do work cheap cause I enjoy the work. Sadly even if you were all independently wealthy it would come down to a battle over time spent.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

RMC, LOL on the funcrushers line. Heard of Dream Killers but never fun crushers, ha ha.

Chris
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

That's also why my neighbors love me cause I go from 6-7 am to midnight 7 days a week, I just try to do the noisy work in the daylight. The battle these days for me is getting enough time to be productive and less about the money.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.... Nah, nevermind. I don't.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

guard wrote:
cs_drums wrote:So my wife officially said I cant spend any more money on the bronco unless i make it on the side.
My wife does the same thing when it comes time to take a financial break and let a few bucks stack back up. I love her for that.....I might otherwise spend our retirement on the Bronco and other fun stuff.

Hrmm, what the hell is it with wives...? My wife isn't very enthusiastic on upcoming Bronco expenditures either! :lol:
I don't think it's so much wives as incomplete homework. I didn't complete mine the first time and it didn't work.....thankfully it only took 6 months to figure it out and end it. Learned my lesson and completed all of the homework the second time. My wife of now 20 years it behind me all the way and loves almost everything I do, so we're in it together. She loves the Bronco as much as I, but she absolutely keeps a line between it and our responsible life requirements.

cs_drums wrote:You know I wish I could complain but I can't. She rarely says no and has encouraged the endevor the entire time. Little guy started preschool($$) and several un forseen expenses has put us in a rut. Gotta do what ya gotta do.
Sounds like you married as well as I did. I have no sympathy for guys that whine about their "shitty" wives....in the words of a movie I can't remember - "YOU MARRIED HER!".

Rmc wrote:Everyone knows wives are funcrushers. Mine put her foot down a few years back when she saw me getting nothing but a few 18 packs out of setting up friends trucks. These days I charge my friends but its a fraction of what a shop would charge. I still do work cheap cause I enjoy the work.
Fully disagree bud.....everyone does not know that. Obviously don't know her but I can't blame your bride for stopping that train. I see nothing wrong with what you're doing today because I too have been reprimanded a few times for being a bit too generous toward my own demise.

BajaBronco13 wrote:RMC, LOL on the funcrushers line. Heard of Dream Killers but never fun crushers, ha ha.

Chris
I didn't hear of either until I saw them here. Hoping you're not one of those that didn't do your homework!

Look dudes.....I'm not trying to preach here but as I read the thread, the comments stacked up on me. I'm guessing the reality of the majority is that you're really not that unhappy with the wife. Some guys just like to say the words I guess. For those that really hate their situation and really do have to fight for their recreation, cut bait and move on.

About 1985 I worked for a guy who lived for three wheelers at Pismo in the late 70's and early 80's when he was single. The stories and pictures of him and his friends hopping up 110's and later 185's to try and climb the "big" dunes were really cool. The look on his face when he told the stories even better told the story. When I met him he was already married but no kids, and had already stopped riding and camping. "Leonard" went on to have three boys who are now in their 20's. He never took them riding or let them experience any of the fun he so loved when he was younger.

As good of a guy as he was, I never had a part of respect for him because he gave this part of his sack away. This lack of respect was confirmed over later years as I watched the wife take more and more of the sack. This life lesson learned me two things.....don't marry badly (do your homework) and never deprive your kids of the great experiences you were fortunate enough to have.

OK let the flaming begin.....I can take it no problem. I'd rather see the next comments be positive ones of wives and relationships that support our common love of our Broncos and everything else that goes with them.

Sorry for taking this fab work thread off topic.....can I start a dedicated thread for this?
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Not that I really care what your interpretation is but my wife had an issue with me working for free reguardless of weather or not I was enjoying my time. When people Make money off your fabwork and you don't get a dime there's an issue. Funcrushers was referring to me enjoying the fab and mental process involved her crushing the fun was referring to then being forced to pull a profit. Sry to hear your friend didn't have the courage to stand up for himself. My kids will grow to enjoy the offroad experience as it is a way of life for my family. It was a joke in poor taste possibly but this thread was supposed to be announcing that csdrums is open to working on other people's projects.
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by guard »

Wow, I think you caught more venom in the wife comments than anyone intended. My wife is really supportive and enjoys going out 4-wheeling. That doesn't mean she doesn't sometimes challenge an idea of mine to drop a chunk of change into the bronco. I feel it creates a good balance when she reminds me to think twice on certain projects and sometimes question the wisdom or timing of expenses. When I was single I didn't have those reminders, I could run with my "wants" to my heart's content. That doesn't mean I'm unhappy or have a bad marriage, but this forum is usually a place where we can poke a little fun at those situations and relate without taking offense. There were just two of us who made offhand comments about our wives, but it's pretty rare I see another guy compose a short sermon over it.
1Hondalover wrote:She loves the Bronco as much as I, but she absolutely keeps a line between it and our responsible life requirements.
My wife loves the bronco *almost* as much as I do, but this quote is all I was referring to. This "line" my wife watches sometimes annoys me as much as I appreciate it. If you think that constitutes a "shitty" marriage or means I didn't do my homework in partner selection, you'd be wrong. But that's ok, you're entitled to your opinion. In reading Rmc's comments I could put them into their likely context and chuckle a bit without making any further assumptions. Same goes with the other comments. LoL
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

My wife won't let me have a piece of cream cheese Danish!!!!! Shit!
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

on the fab side just wanted to thank cs_drums

Good Work
Honest stand up Guy....

plan on doing some road trips with him along with family trips I'm sure

Thanks again