Honda "50" pit bike - race bike

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Honda "50" pit bike - race bike

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Let the "downsizing begin :shock:

As many of you know I've got WAY too much stuff and with buying a house soon some of it's gotta go. This sweet little bike falls into that unfortunately as I never really use it anymore.
I used to take it to Baja with me every race & play with it in the pits. Haven't done that in years though so now it sits in the shop collecting dust until I put a smile on my face by riding it every once in a blue moon.

It's a fun and fast bike for sure.

It's a 2004 Honda CRF50 and was originally built in 2005 Mini Moto SX. Guy had the front wheel laced too tight & broke a hub in the 1st round of qualifying. He missed his second round while fixing it & didn't qualify. I bought it off him shortly after that (Nov. 2005) with maybe 2-3 hours on it according to him. I have less than 10 hours on the thing since then! The thing has very little use on it!

It's made up of pretty much all aftermarket parts which are listed below.

The bike does need 2 things.
1) It needs the kill switch wiring cleaned up. A wire broke on it so it needs to be taken apart & fixed. It still starts, runs & shuts off like it is, but starting can be a pain is you forget the wire is off & it grounds to the bike (meaning it's "killing" it & won't start).
2) Front brake pads & possibly a different front brake. It's a disk setup. It worked alright but never "great". Never looked into it too much but now pads are totally gone so it's time to look into it.

Asking price is $2,300 with a possible deal for GFB members.

If asking price is paid it'll come with the complete list of spares listed below the bike parts list.

Parts on bike:
Engine - Built by Crower Power. Consist of Honda with 108cc Trail Bikes kit with race head that was ported and polished by Crower Power. Crower Poer stroker crank, camshaft and Crower Power spec. carb.

2 Bros. Magnetic Drain plug

2 Brothers Pipe (no dents)

Transmission is stock Honda with Trail Bikes manual Clutch setup.

Forks are CRF 70 forks with BBR SP-5 Damping Rods/kit.

Frame is Red Baron chromoly pro frame (4130 chromoly, removable sub frame, 1" longer than stock frame ahead of gas tank for more legroom, powdercoated black.

Sik50 custom aluminum singarm (adjustable 2.25" - 3" longer than stock)

Kitaco Hyper Coil

BBR skidplate (podercoated black)

Works Performance shock ($113.50)

Classic Honda billet footpegs (red anodized)

billet big pad - brake lever

Classic honda extended, folding, shift lever (podercoated black) ($20.95)

2 Bros. Head Breather

IMS Shifter (powdercoated black)

RK 420 Gold Chain

BBR Rev. Box

12" front rim (red anodized) with disk brake (needs pads) and Michillin Starcross front tire (disk brake stuff = $32.50)

10" rear rim (red anodized) with stock brake

Pit Posse chain slider

Joker Bars & bar riser. Riser lifts bars 3" & pushes forward 1.5"

Custom tall seat with red suede & gripper sides.

Spares list:
2 stock swing arms stock xr-70 forks BBR sp-5 spring kit for xr-70 forks BBR spoke kit

Stock head 2 black rims - 10" stock front hub/brake stock chain stock bar clamp

stock shock stock brake lever couple tubes for tires.

spare tires:
Chen Shin 2.50 - 10 (asking $5)
Shink0 2.75 - 10 MC 38J (asking $20)
Pirelli SL 26 - 90/90 - 10 50J NEW (asking $25)
Kenda 2.75 - 10 38J (asking $20)

I can get more pics if wanted.

Owner of only dead and forgotten projects