Interest Feeler: Clutch Perch Stud Removal Tool & Clutch Fork Install Tool

66WarPony
Bronco Info: '89 XLT, Tired 302, 4" Lift, 33" Grabbers, D44 TTB/stock gears, Ford 8.8/4.56 gears

Interest Feeler: Clutch Perch Stud Removal Tool & Clutch Fork Install Tool

Post by 66WarPony »

Hey guys, I'm just putting a feeler out there to see if anyone is interested in 2 simple tools that I recently made. The first is a Clutch Perch Stud Remover which allows you to press out the studs after the heads have been air-chiseled off. The second is a Clutch Fork Installer that allows you to install the the Clutch Fork in the prongs of theThrowout Bearing. Both of these tools eliminate the need to drop the drive train too get inside the bell housing.

I made these tools after the retaining tab on my clutch fork broke while driving; I was not going to drop the drivetrain to get to the bell housing because I hate doing that. I was able to remove the studs and reinstall the clutch fork in the throwout bearing prongs after fitting the fork with a new retaining tab and the bell housing with countersink bolts and crimp nuts, with the drivetrain still in.

The tools I made are an unrefined, but I would be interested in producing a more professional version if there was an interest in them, as they saved me a ton of time and effort. Thoughts?
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Interest Feeler: Clutch Perch Stud Removal Tool & Clutch Fork Install Tool

Post by dtbback »

Do you have any pics of your tools? They sound pretty interesting.
66WarPony
Bronco Info: '89 XLT, Tired 302, 4" Lift, 33" Grabbers, D44 TTB/stock gears, Ford 8.8/4.56 gears

Re: Interest Feeler: Clutch Perch Stud Removal Tool & Clutch Fork Install Tool

Post by 66WarPony »