Desolate Motorsports Scissor Jack Kit

Stan the Man
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco, trail ready/sand loving.

Desolate Motorsports Scissor Jack Kit

Post by Stan the Man »

I've had this sweet Desolate Scissor Jack Kit for about a year. Works great, used it once in the dunes after blowing out a tire and another time on the side of the highway heading to Vegas. I find it just a touch too bulky to keep in my vehicle at all times and went to a smaller bottle jack.

Retails for $140 (been out of stock for quite a while now). Willing to sell for $85 and can ship at buyer's expense (located in San Jose, CA).

http://desolatemotorsports.com/shop/acc ... -lift-kit/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re: Desolate Motorsports Scissor Jack Kit

Post by DMbronco »

PM sent Stan; I'm your huckleberry!
Stan the Man

Post by Stan the Man »

Shot you a text!
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

Let me know if this is still availible.
Stan the Man

Post by Stan the Man »

Just sold!
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Ok since this has sold I can't help but say - why would you buy this? Seems so incredibly easy to literally whip up in about a hour in the garage. Hey it's just a leaf spring perch and about $5 in flat plate. Just me I guess
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Post by DMbronco »

Since you asked, and I'm the guy who bought it, here's the thought process behind an 85 dollar purchase.

1. the jack itself is 35 bucks. that is a sunk cost
2. the mount is a nice finished piece, and unless you have a cabinet to blast and and oven to coat it, there is extra cost to ensure it lasts and doesn't corrode.
3. I make more than 85 an hour in my profession, so I'd prefer to spend that time where it is best spent- my field of expertise.
The time I allocate for the bronco is prepping it, maintaining it, wheeling the piss out of it, and detailing it after. This keeps FORD time FUN for me.

Last, I like to do business (even indirectly in this case) with the companies that support our trucks in the aftermarket arena.
I have met Greg at Desolate and want to help him succeed.
Just like John at AutoFab, Jonny and CHO at Richer, Bobby at Solo, Jerry at Camburg, Tony at BAJA HID, Taylor at Surfer Guy Gaucho LED kits, the guys at Baja Designs, etc.

To avoid the reality that a number of these companies will help facilitate our enjoyment of adventure and our rigs in the future is folly. We will need these gentlemen.

As a fledgling OBS vendor yourself, I'm sure you can support this sentiment- and it's great to see you and Travis also contribute to all of our trucks staying top notch.

BTW, thanks again Stan; fortunately I haven't had to break it out on the trail just yet. Hopefully that trend persists in perpetuity haha