1974 F-250 Crew cab PROJECT truck with cummins diesel, etc.

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

1974 F-250 Crew cab PROJECT truck with cummins diesel, etc.

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

So here is the for sale ad finally. Enough of dragging my feet. This is not something I'm loving to do as I have years & years of work in this thing, and I'd looooove to drive it one day, but it's just not in the cards. There's bigger things in life that need my attention for the unforeseeable future.

Many people here know the truck, but here's a "quick" breakdown of the major parts.
78/79 Dana 60 kingpin front axle
Sterling 10.5 disk brake rear axle (hubs machined to 8x6.5 lug pattern)
5.9L Cummins 6BT engine out of ‘94 Dodge
Built NV4500 from Geartech HD
“Clocked”, divorced NP 205 transfer case with cables & parts to do “twin stick” setup (didn’t get to starting fab here but have a layout I can walk you through). I also have the 1350 & 1410 yokes for the t-case so as to upgrade those & match the yokes on the big trans & sterling rear.
46 gallon custom aluminum fuel tank with custom 1/2” feed fuel line, including custom fuel filter setup with draw straw
power seats out of 2004 super duty
AMP Research power steps/running boards
Deaver 64” rear springs (for 2500HD Chevy) with Camburg shackles, limit straps, custom shock mount & 8” stroke, 2.5” body king shocks with reservoirs
Deaver re-worked front springs (re-arched to factory spec & spring ends smoothed/sanded & delrin pads added for smooth operation.
Custom front leaf hanger/hitch, custom front shackles on delrin bushings, custom shock hoops with fox 2.5” body, 12” stroke single bypass shocks. Single bypass was going to be set like an internal bump stop.
Autofab “drop center” fiberglass hood & fiberglass fenders with 3” wider wheel openings.
Saginaw steering box & custom cross over steering
4” custom exhaust with ceramic coated exhaust elbow & down pipe
Autometer gauges
Custom fabrication throughout the truck that is ALL TIG welded
There is much more here, but this is getting long & these are the big parts

I have hundreds of pictures of my 10 years of work on this thing and hundreds of hours in fabrication and welding. This was to be the one truck to do it all for the rest of my life, but unfortunately life happens and certain dreams have to die sometimes so other paths in life can be taken.
I can answer any questions you may have, but please no tire kickers. I am extremely busy, so please don’t waste my time & I won’t waste yours.

I believe this thing could be running with 2-3 full days work from a capable guy. It will take longer than this to have everything "done", but getting it going under it's own power is very close. THe motor needs "wiring", which is a grand total of 3-4 wires on these manually injected cummins motors, and then there is a little finish work on the fuel system (fuel fill neck fitment & a little welding & then I have all the fittings for upgrading the fuel run from the lift pump to the injection pump I was going to do).

Truck is located in Huntington Beach & asking price is $15k. Price can be negotiated a bit if I keep some of the parts.

Lots of pics as well as pages & pages of me rambling about my old supercab can be found here:
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... f=19&t=392

Here's some general pics. I can of course get any specific pics anyone wants.
4-20-13 outside shop.jpg
4-17-13 rear in shop.jpg
4-16-13 getting ready to move.jpg
IMG_4378.JPG
IMG_1780.JPG
IMG_4381.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Re: 1974 F-250 Crew cab PROJECT truck with cummins diesel, etc.

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Forgot to add - tires on it in most of the build pics are 35's (315/75r16). They were sold before they started to dry rot sitting here. It's got crappy, beat 33" (285/75r16 if I remember right) rollers on it for now.

More random pics below.

Body is mostly very solid. There is some drip rail rust which is very common in these trucks - especially the crew cabs. There's a little spotting on the cowl & cab corner. Nothing out of the norm for a 40 year old truck, aside from the hole in the roof from some idiot previous owner putting a roof mounted search light on it. All body work was to be done at the end of the build and I have solid pieces from donor trucks to use as patch panels for some of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

A few more random pics
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

1 thing I forgot to mention in the ad is that it still needs driveshafts to be made. I have donor shafts with the 1350 and 1410 yokes that come with it. Rear donor shaft needs to be extended & front donor shaft needs to be shortened. Then it needs the shorty, middle shaft made