2014 Potter 2 seat Dualsport Buggy W/Trailer

HotRod82
Bronco Info: 99 Explorer -Dixon Front, Giant 64 rear.

Post by HotRod82 »

Selling my Potter "Econo" Dualsport, beautiful and fun car to drive. This car is a great cross between a full size buggy and a SxS, it's big and fast enough to run with the big cars yet small and agile enough to run the tight lines and small choppy dunes with the SxS's. Very safe, well built car. Big cockpit with lots of room, fits people well over 6' easily. VERY low hours, car is still very clean and fresh. I doubt it has more than 20 weekends on it. Turn key and ready for the desert today. I hate to see it go, but the reality is we just don't use it anymore now that we have another prerunner truck. Includes 16 foot tandem axle Texas trailer.

Specs -
Dimensions: 101" wheelbase , 84" wide front and rear with the dirt tires on. A few inches narrower in the front with the sand tires mounted. Overall length is 12'10".
200 HP ecotec motor by Redline Performance
Fully built 091 trans by Rancho
1.5" 100% chromolly chassis, powdercoated satin black
Custom 12 Gallon fuel tank behind the seats
King 2.5" coilover shocks on all 4 corners
UMP air filter
BTR Beadlocks with BFG 33x10.5 Baja T/A's, almost new condition
Sand tires are non beadlock BTR fronts with implements, rear are STU 1350 Plus. Sand tires and wheels have 2 trips on them
Corbeau seats with Crow harnesses. Driver seat is on a slider.
Momo steering wheel with release hub
Icom / Rugged radio and intercom with headsets
Baja Designs HID's and a lightbar
CNC pedals and slave
Tatum Calipers front / Kartek rear with Kartek microstubs
Custom black ceramic coated header with (quiet) Magnaflow muffler
Fortin 2.0 steering rack with Howe pump
CBR radiator
Big combo style spindles with large brakes, this car stops and turns on a dime!
The body panels are powdercoated white and lined with grey speaker box felt, they do not rattle at all. Body is exceptional quality and gets lots of compliments.
The floor pan is rhino lined.
Car weighs 1630lbs full of fuel with the sand tires mounted This car is a blast to drive and turns a lot of heads, test rides available for serious buyers. Asking $19.5K Including Trailer, No Trades at this time. Call/Txt 6 1 9 8 5 5 2 2 1 0. Car is in San Diego.
mohobugy 054.JPG
mohobugy 053.JPG
mohobugy 055.JPG
mohobugy 052.JPG
mohobugy 056.JPG
mohobugy 058.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HotRod82

Re: 2014 Potter 2 seat Dualsport Buggy W/Trailer

Post by HotRod82 »

I'd be willing to trade for some pro-level fab work, I want to upgrade the front end on my explorer so if there is someone who wants to do some horse trading I'm good with that.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Such a nice dual sport.... can not imagine why someone would spend 15K-20K on a Rzr vs buying this!!
GLWS!
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Is it possible to make this street legal?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

cs_drums wrote:Is it possible to make this street legal?
In AZ no problem... my neighbor has a little buggy like this that he drives on the street.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
HotRod82

Post by HotRod82 »

Yes, if it doesn't sell that is exactly what I'm going to do with it. You have to do a SB100 title in CA, which is the loophole CA has created for home built Kit cars. A friend of mine just plated his 4 seat Honda powered prerunner buggy and it was actually quite easy. You have to go through CHP inspection, brake and light, etc. , but it's not too bad really. Obviously you need all the DOT stuff, lights, blinkers, mud flaps, etc.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Make all that goofy stuff pop off.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

If it was more than two seats I'd talk my buddy into it. It's super clean. Glws
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

HotRod82 wrote:
Yes, if it doesn't sell that is exactly what I'm going to do with it. You have to do a SB100 title in CA, which is the loophole CA has created for home built Kit cars. A friend of mine just plated his 4 seat Honda powered prerunner buggy and it was actually quite easy. You have to go through CHP inspection, brake and light, etc. , but it's not too bad really. Obviously you need all the DOT stuff, lights, blinkers, mud flaps, etc.
Don't forget the smog equipment on the motor if you live in an area where smog checks are required. It's been a while since I had looked at doing my ranger (full tube frame), but they either base the smog status on body or motor (person registering the car gets the choice). Not sure how that would classify body wise, but my guess is they may go of when the chassis was built for a buggy. For motor I remember reading that if a custom or aftermarket type block was used so they couldn't find the year of the block based on the stamped code on the block it would automatically default to a '74. Been 10 or so years since I figured out the ins and outs of the program though, so things may have revised a bit.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
donncdrc
Bronco Info: 1996 fullsize

Post by donncdrc »

Want to trade for a black ranger with a new motor in it? I might throw a little cash in if interested.
HotRod82

Post by HotRod82 »

donncdrc wrote:Want to trade for a black ranger with a new motor in it? I might throw a little cash in if interested.
Which motor did you end up going with? The SOHC?
donncdrc
Bronco Info: 1996 fullsize

Post by donncdrc »

Nope. I am having the stock one rebuilt. I wanted everything fresh and It's the only easy way. I also wanted to keep it legal if I sell it. They are doing some work to bring up the compression and adding a performance cam. When I get it back I am going to do headers and I have a straight pipe to go in place of the cat. Should help. I rode in almost the indentical truck with stock engine and realized how tired mine was. When done it will have better performance/power then my Bronco