1994 Caged Bronco Prerunner

Pwerwagn
Bronco Info: 95 ranger 1450 lots of giant parts

Re: 1994 Caged Bronco Prerunner

Post by Pwerwagn »

tvoymang wrote:Biggest issue is that the guy who bought it agreed to pay 8k for it if ryan brought it from nor cal down to him and once he got here low balled him to 6500$.... stupid mistake on ryans part but also a shitty move on from the new owner
So he only paid 6500 and wants 15?!??? I've been taking back and forth with him about trading for my ranger. I asked him why he's selling so soon...he said he's buying land. And yes, he's somewhere in manifee.

If he is this lowballer after the fact, please let me know. I'd be trailering my ranger from New Mexico and would be pissed if the deal got changed after the fact.
tvoymang
Bronco Info: (Former) 90' Bronco 351W

Post by tvoymang »

Pwerwagn wrote:
tvoymang wrote:Biggest issue is that the guy who bought it agreed to pay 8k for it if ryan brought it from nor cal down to him and once he got here low balled him to 6500$.... stupid mistake on ryans part but also a shitty move on from the new owner
So he only paid 6500 and wants 15?!??? I've been taking back and forth with him about trading for my ranger. I asked him why he's selling so soon...he said he's buying land. And yes, he's somewhere in manifee.

If he is this lowballer after the fact, please let me know. I'd be trailering my ranger from New Mexico and would be pissed if the deal got changed after the fact.
Personally I never drive the full distance to someone on hearsay something is 100 percent what he says it is.... if he wants to make a deal with you he should atleast put forth the effort to meet you half way.

He has NOTHING to lose by YOU driving from new mexico to so cal...
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I feel the same way. If he is the buyer & wants what I have - he comes to me. UNLESS he is offering enough cash to make it worth my while & I do that with a non refundable deposit up front unless I've dealt with the guy before.
I also try to not get myself in situations where I HAVE to sell or am tempted to put my self at risk of being screwed like that because I want something gone badly.
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

Last time I delivered a car to a seller, I made the seller send me $500 that was non-refundable. That way if the seller pulled some sort of low ball crap then the $500 covered my time and fuel for me to drive away. Since the deal went through the $500 went towards the purchase price. Lots of crooks out there!
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

No way I'd drive that without payment first.
blazin
Bronco Info: no bronco yet

Post by blazin »

I've seen this kind of stuff on craigslist before. A year ago I was looking for a RZR and I found one I liked local to me (central california). I called the seller up and he said "some guy from LA is coming to buy it." Three days later it was on inland empire craigslist for $4,000 more. I guess people in "LA" are willing to pay more for the same thing?
Pwerwagn

Post by Pwerwagn »

Haha...I never said I was driving ALL the way to manifee to make the swap. But nonetheless...if he is known for this kind of thing, I don't even want to meet half way for him to change his mind. I've made plenty of long distance deals and never got burned yet, I know the precautions.

He is already playing the card of "i want your ranger less than you want my bronco" it seems. So I was getting a little leery of the deal before I saw more info posted here.

Thanks for the info,
Jeff
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Not sure if its the same guy. I dont want anyone to blame someone its not. Having a few people call on the bronco and see who the new seller is.
Pwerwagn

Post by Pwerwagn »

Cool, thanks! Id feel a little better if we struck a deal knowing its NOT him. If it is...Ill likely look for another.