Bluetooth Amplifier / Sound System

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

My parents (and then some of their friends) wanted tunes in their hot-rods but didn't want head units. They wanted simple, plug-and-play audio, so I built a small run of these for them and have some components left over....

These are compact, 2-channel, 50watt, low power draw audio amplifiers that have an integrated Bluetooth module. They can be mounted anywhere in the vehicle. All they need is a switched 12V power supply. They can pair to any Bluetooth device... phones, iPods, etc. Audio is streamed directly to the amp and out to your speakers.

I use one of these in my Falcon and another in my garage with 2 3-speaker home enclosures. I don't use the FM/AM radio in my Explorer, so I plan to build a similar version to replace the Pioneer head unit I currently use. This will make room for switches, comms equipment, etc. and still take up less space. In other words, these units make for great out-of-sight tunes.

These are built with GOOD components. Operation is simple, pairing and re-pairing is seamless, steaming audio quality is great. Of course, the better the speaker, the better the sound.

-Can be used anywhere or in anything-simply requires 12 volts-Cars, motorcycles, home (with a small power supply).
-Flanged case for easy mounting.
-Can be configured for line-in only if you wanted it to serve as a basic amplifier.
-EQ Can be controlled by the EQ settings on your device.
-Custom Pairing Name programming: If you want it to show up as "Super Bitchin' Bronco"... no problem.

Includes:
Bluetooth Amplifier
Power cable (not in photo)
Speaker cables with connectors

$75 + shipping (can ship in a small flat-rate box)
MB502_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I've been wanting to do this! Is there an out that could go to the input of the intercom too? I like the idea of having the same Bluetooth output for the speakers and the headset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Re: Bluetooth Amplifier / Sound System

Post by yikes »

I need one of those! So, with that I can dump the head unit altogether and just stream through the phone?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

cs_drums wrote:I've been wanting to do this! Is there an out that could go to the input of the intercom too? I like the idea of having the same Bluetooth output for the speakers and the headset.

Hmm. I hadn't though to include an output for an intercom since these were originally made for street cars. But, yes. It could be done. I might also need to add a volume control to limit volume to the intercom. Otherwise it might blast you out of your headsets!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

yikes wrote:I need one of those! So, with that I can dump the head unit altogether and just stream through the phone?
For sure. That was the goal with these. And, if you still use AM/FM, you can stream pretty much any station nation-wide through the TuneIn Radio App.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

I'm in if you can put an intercom out. Can't you control volume through the devise?

S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

subbed because I may ditch my bluetooth receiver "deck" in favor of comms stuff and these seem rad.
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

cs_drums wrote:I'm in if you can put an intercom out. Can't you control volume through the devise?

I can add it. You're probably looking at about $20 additional to do it. Let me know if you're interested.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

All,

I've gotten several messages about adding an output for an intercom. This can be done but I need to Prototype and test it before I can't give an accurate price. This may take me a bit as I'm traveling a lot for work right now, but I'll work on it and get back to everyone ASAP. But I'll work on it and get back to everyone ASAP.

Thanks for the interest.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Pretty cool Steve
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

tcm glx wrote:Pretty cool Steve
Thanks, Tony. They're fun to build... something to fill free time after work, family... ha! I know you get it!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

All,

Thanks to those that have already purchased. I appreciate it.

I have parts to build 3 more at this price.

Thanks!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

These look cool Steve. I have a buddy interested in one. I'm interested as well, but for a project way down the road so I'm gonna hold off for now.

Anyway, my buddy asked if 50 watts is enough to power 4 6x9's. I am nowhere near a stereo guy or audiophile so I told him I'd have to ask. I want to assume yes, but really have no clue.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I think powering four 6 x 9's is going to be a stretch. It would probably sound pretty good with just two. He's welcome to try it and if it doesn't work he can send it back. As long as it's in the same condition he received it.

I'll probably do another run at some point. With some minor changes I'm pondering.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thanks. Passing along the info
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Is there anyway to pump up the power??
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

cs_drums wrote:Can't you control volume through the devise?
I don't think I ever answered this. Yes. Volume is controlled by your phone, iPod, whatever.
cs_drums wrote:I'm in if you can put an intercom output.
Done. This involves a small piggyback line level converter that works great. Good sound quality through the intercom and plenty of volume.

IMG_1608.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Ready to ship. One standard and one with intercom output, both with custom pairing names to match the vehicle they're going into.

Thanks!
IMG_1614.JPG
Sho nuff,
SteveG
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

I'll take the intercom set up. What's your PayPal?

SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

cs_drums wrote:I'll take the intercom set up. What's your PayPal?
Roger that. 1 unit with intercom output (which, alternatively, could also be used for a sub-woofer).

BT Unit: $75
Intercom Mod: $30

PM incoming.

EDIT: I had guessed at the $20 price to add an intercom out but after working on this, the easier solution was to add a line level adjuster (the unit piggybacked), hence the $30 upgrade cost. The nice thing is, it also adds gain adjustment which can be beneficial.
Sho nuff,
SteveG