WIY Bronco Prerunner Cages available soon!!

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Though a very solid start, still lacking some important parts. The no triangulation and no dash tubes is kind of unfinished in my opinion. Not trying to put it down, just think people should se it as a solid start not complete
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

It's not a race cage. But for someone who goes a bit faster it's better than just a roll bar or a bolt in sports cage.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

As far as a kit cage for a non race vehicle, it is a good cage. It can be modified to make it safer for the sportsman classes and go fast guys. You can't expect it to be on par with a $10,000 + race cage.

Great option for those that don't have a tubing bender but can weld it in themselves.
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Post by birdco85 »

Wrightracing.net wrote:Great option for those that don't have a tubing bender but can weld it in themselves.
That's me. Tube benders hurt my brain, I don't have enough practice though. I feel I would get it pretty quick.

I was trying to look up the rule book for score in case this thing has a race in its future and couldn't find it. What is a minimum cage requirement. I think I remember hearing 2". I dint want to spend 3k+ to not have it pass tech. Would rather do it once.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

In Score, with the weight of a Bronco, the main cage must be 2". It may be different, depending on the Race organization you race in. 1.75" use to be the standard for many years. Talk to Brian at Solo and ask if they can do the same starter cage in 2". It may cost a little more.
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Post by birdco85 »

That's a good idea.
essexjet
Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco, stock now but work in progress

Re: WIY Bronco Prerunner Cages available soon!!

Post by essexjet »

My e brake

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

In my opinion the price point is a little high. Granted it saves you a ton of time but there is more than one local fab shop that will do similar cage installed for 3500$ if the price point closes in on 4000$ I think they will not sell very fast. Bobby may want to try to renegotiate his cost on bending and notching because not everyone in the scene can dump 25000$ into a 20 year old vehicle. Just my 2 cents though. If the 1 3/4 cage was closer to 2000-2500 I think they would sell much better. What a lot of people forget is that a lot of a little bit is worth way more than a little bit of a lot.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

In my honest opinion this cage is a great buy for someone that want to do their own install and have a decent cage if you need end up needing it. With that said it is not a race inspired cage. Remember if you use your cage once and walk away it more than pays for its self. In my opinion you get what you pay for with a fab shop that will cage your complete Bronco for $3500 I personally have never had less than a $6k bill on a cage. It takes time to fit tubes and bend to the right angle and then to cut out sheet metal weld and reinstall sheet metal. Solo has the hard part figured out and that is what makes these cages great. I will pick up one in the future for my next Bronco build. I talked to Bobby at Solo and he said it should take less than 20 hours for a competent fabricator to install which at $70hr shop rate that is $1400. I can tell you 100 hours racks up real quick when caging a vehicle and fitting tubes especially when removing the dash. This cage is figured out and it is a cut here and weld here design I think that is great.

Darren if you want a race cage this probably is not the cage for you if you plan on racing Score. Norra would be fun for you and this would probably be a solid starter. Personally I would not go with anything but a custom built to vehicle cage if you are going 2". 2" tubing is a different animal when trying to fit tubes and you would probably want to cut out stock tin to tuck it tightly.
Solo Motorsports 44
Bronco Info: Your long-travel suspension source for Ford Broncos and F-150s.

Post by Solo Motorsports 44 »

Cages are available and pictures are on our website. We have 2 cages left of the first 10. They save a lot of time!!!! Solo's 95 Bronco has the cage and their 96 Bronco has the cage also installed. The cage can be tacked and burned in on a weekend with 2 people. It fits like a puzzle....Call Solo Motorsports for more info 626.966.7656 or visit http://www.solomotorsports.com.....