Pismo Summer 2010 Trip Report...

yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Pismo Summer 2010 Trip Report...

Post by yikes »

What happened fellas? Is Rick still the king? Did Steve burn the beans? Did Nick take shots of his droppings? Did anybody show up? Inquiring minds want to know.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Pismo Summer 2010 Trip Report...

Post by SteveG »

I got home about an hour and fifteen ago... had a great time! We had a truly great group of people and the food was off the hook! As usual, Amber and Rick put out perfect Tri-Tip and Tenderloins. We probably had ten different side dishes, all which rocked. I went back for seconds and thirds! It was hands down the best meal we've had out there.

I drove my Bronco back and forth to the beach and towed my camper out there with it, but it wasn't finished and off-road worthy... and not completely embarrassing! But, an unusable truck meant I got to relax, NOT burn the beans and enjoy other peoples rides. I got to drive the hell out of John's (Autofab) shop Ranger (thanks, John!) and went for a great ride with Tom in the Baja F250. For those of you wondering, it's insane! The truck flat out works and the attention to detail and function is absolutely impressive.

Those of you that didn't make it were definitely missed. Hopefully you can make the next one!

Oh, I took two GoPro cameras, a digital video camera, a digital still camera and only took one picture... with my phone!
Attachments
GFB Pismo Dinner 2010.jpg
GFB Pismo Dinner 2010.jpg (108.97 KiB) Viewed 4045 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

yikes wrote:What happened fellas? Is Rick still the king?
I'm not sure who is king this year. The only trucks I saw getting big air where the RC cars. John said he aired the little Ranger out pretty good....

Did I mention dinner was incredible?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

What a great weekend! I want to thank Rick for including us in his Birthday celebration, i'd also like to thank everyone that showed up, to make this a memorable event! I really couldn't have asked for a better group of people to be around.

I just got back a little bit ago, and will post pics later.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

Awesome weekend I showed up late on Saturday, (was late making the mac and cheese)

Happy birthday Rick.

It was cool to meet philo, bondo and see the baja 250. You have to see the baja 250 to believe it.

Dinner was great thanks everyone who made it possible. Steve thanks for the Breakfast Burrito.

Had some fun runs in the dunes with Rick, baja 250 and John. Wish all the rigs out there were all running.

Thanks again everyone, I had a great time so did the wife.

Maybe we should do a desert get together?
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I forgot to thank all the people that made the long haul here. For me it's a few minutes but I know all too well how long the ride home can be after a busy weekend. Philo gets the long haul award for his 7 hour trek. Yikes!

Thank you, guys!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

The gfb compound.

Steve and his Brother, after mobbing in Autofab John's ranger.

Rick after losing a c clip from his front end.

Rick wondering how he'll reatain the crown of huckfest king. Tom(Bajaf250) talking with Steve about how he is a shoe in for the crown.

Supermotors is retarded right now, i'll post more pics tomorrow. Good night all!
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

x2 on the Baja250 schooling me and being insanely fast.

I got some video of my truck and a few pic. I don't think there was actually a huck contest, as I was looking forward to winning it with my DGAF flatbiller iron cross skills and a AAA card.

I'll give it to the BajaF250 since I was in it when it was jumped earlier today... although no one saw us.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Nick wrote:Supermotors is retarded right now, i'll post more pics tomorrow. Good night all!
It's too bad GFB won't host the pics for you (SARCASM!).
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

A preview of whats to come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn3OSYRQvLQ
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Looks like a great trip, wish I could have made it.
Jeremy
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

SteveG wrote:
Nick wrote:Supermotors is retarded right now, i'll post more pics tomorrow. Good night all!
It's too bad GFB won't host the pics for you (SARCASM!).
Sarcasm noted...

To continue.

The excitement was to much for John.

Steve enjoying the latest issue of off road magazine

It was a family event.

Dinner time! A huge thanks to everyone that contributed to the feast! Everything was sooooo good!

Steve didn't burn the beans!!!

It was a smorgasbord!

Birthday boy Rick with his senior citizens survival gear, compliments of Parish and family.

More later...
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Before i forget, i wanted to thank Parish, and Tom, for giving me a ride.

Parish, i won't be forgetting it any time soon. The pucker fastor of 8+ was there!

Tom, you were very gracious, in giving us rides in your awesome truck! People, Tom's truck flat out works!
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

While it was one of my best trips the reason wasn't the wheeling but the quality of the people. Thanks to everyone that made it out you all are super people and it made for a special birthday celebration.

I did make a few runs on Friday right after we arrived to give my non-Bronco friends that came with me a ride and we pushed it pretty hard. We did get some decent air a few times but allas no one was around to see it. Saturday we were ripping around when I heard a strange noise from the underside. It took me awhile to figure out what was wrong. Seems the c clip broke that holds in the front passengers stub axle into the differential and it was binding inside the yoke. I was bummed and in two wheel drive the rest of the weekend so any chance of big air was out no matter how hard I tried. The other damage was broken fiberglass at the bottom of the passenger side fender and managed to break off both my front lights on a couple of down hill decents stuffing the front end into the sand. Oops.

Amber had a little problem with my super duty in the dunes. Seems she slide off the side of a dune nearly rolling the truck and pulling the front tire off the rim. Thank you to Philo and Tom for getting her out and saving the day.

I'll start working on my damage and we'll be back for another run in January.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

The winner of the 2010 gfb huckfest...

SteveG's RC10!

Philo.

Philo, after a he took a dip in the cold ocean waters.
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Nick loves that picture for some reason...

Nick unfortunately had issues with his front hubs which kept his truck from going anywhere. Tom had no issues that I know of and I think he put more miles on his than anyone else that weekend.

I had a couple of issues.... first was a leaky pinion seal. I also managed to damage a vent on the top of my trans or maybe just overheated it, I was getting a leak of ATF from the top cover after any hard runs. It's a common problem on M5R2s due to freeze plugs coming out but mine was repaired during a rebuild. I'll know more when I put it on the lift later.

Quite a few Broncos showed up but we didn't get everyone in a line for a photo...
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Thanks for taking pictures, Nick. I was lazy with the cameras all weekend!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

philofab wrote:Nick loves that picture for some reason...

photo...
It really cracks me up. But i guess my fascination with it is kind of disturbing...
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Looks like a great trip! Shoulda, woulda, coulda!
More pics, please! Rick with his new walker, Baja F250 airborne, etc.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It was a good time guys. Nice to meet those I had not yet met, and great to catch up with some I hadn't seen in a while.

Nick and I always talk about what a great group of guys (and gals) we have and it really shows on weekends like this.

Not having anything of my own to drive (thanks Parish and Will for the rides!) definitely got me a bit motivated to get back in the shop. After looking at the BajaF250 and hearing how well it functions I am somewhat reconsidering my direction on the supercab... We'll see if I can keep this one from snowballing!

There were talks of the "normal" January run up there. I'd love to make it and hopefully I'll have something driveable by that time!

Oh - and here's the only "non spy photo" I took!
Attachments
1 097.jpg
1 097.jpg (66.3 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects