Pismo Summer 2010 Trip Report...

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Pismo Summer 2010 Trip Report...

Post by Nick »

The most action that i saw, was getting stuck 4-5 times just driving to camp. STUPID auto hubs!

The Gonzalez Brothers got up early to cook us an awesome breakfast!
Tri tip n eggs, chorizo n eggs, bacon and all the fixins for breakfast burritos. You guys are the breakfast kung fu masters!

John is wondering what's in his coffee.

All the kids spent most of the day digging the pit of doom for the rc's to jump, and making a short course for them to run on. The pic doesn't do it justice, but this pit was about 4' deep, and 4-5 ' around.

That's about all of my pics. I didn't get a chance to get any action shots, as i was hanging on for dear life when i went out with Parish, and was just to amazed by Tom's truck, when i went out with him.

While i was kind of bummed to have not had a toy to play with, i got some fun rides, and had time to do lots of bench racing and bs'ing. It was a great time!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Nick wrote:The most action that i saw, was getting stuck 4-5 times just driving to camp. STUPID auto hubs!
That'll teach you to open your big mouth about how cool they are BEFORE you are safely back home!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Nick wrote:The most action that i saw, was getting stuck 4-5 times just driving to camp. STUPID auto hubs!
That'll teach you to open your big mouth about how cool they are BEFORE you are safely back home!
DOH!
billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

I wouldn't say its king worthy but I aired out the bronco a couple times in the whoop section near camp. ChaseTruck 754 (steve) was in it when we did it.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

(stupid me for not going, stupid me for not going..... i should know better!! :evil: :cry: )
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

tcm glx wrote:(stupid me for not going, stupid me for not going..... i should know better!! :evil: :cry: )
Not to worry T. We're going to plan another one for Jan.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

My Auto hubs work great! It's fun to shift in and out of 4wd while moving.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

philofab wrote:My Auto hubs work great! It's fun to shift in and out of 4wd while moving.
Meh... it only takes one failure for me to ditch the offending part. This was my first experience with the auto hubs, and the last. Long live Warn premium!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:My Auto hubs work great! It's fun to shift in and out of 4wd while moving.
You can do that with the manual hubs too.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Hey Rick, if you could pass along a message to your non bronco friends that came in from paradise. It was great to meet them, and i hope that they can join us again!
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

SteveG wrote:
Yea, but the axle and drive shaft still spin. Worst of all you have to get out and turn knobs. These are luxury SUVs damnit!
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

flyinbronco wrote:I'll start working on my damage and we'll be back for another run in January.
Same here. It's time to get the old girl back to her former glory.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

WE HAD A BLAST!!!!! Thanks so much for the invite!

HAPPY 50th RICK and AMBER (29) TOO!

You guys have such a great group of friends, it was wonderful meeting everyone. You guys made us feel so welcome and part of the group. Everyone was so fantastic! I also must say, the feast was spectacular! The tri tip wsa soooooooo good! All the chow was off the hook. And then, Steve comes back in the morning and fixes the most wonderful breakfast burritos!

Thanks everyone for taking me out to the dunes.... it's the first time the BajaF250 has been out at Pismo... new experience. The truck did great, I sucked! I've gotta learn to drive the dunes! Philo and I launched and I stuffed the front end off some nice air... but as he said, it was only him and me... no one else to watch! Steve, thanks for schooling me in dune running! It only took me 3 tries to get over that tall one... or was it 4!

The BajaF250 did great, nothing hurt, everything works as it should, but the damage I sustained was on my new SuperDuty! I crunched the darn tailgate and then I bent the front of the bed into the back of the cab cinching down the quads! That sucks... the darn truck is only 3-months old. Operator error on rachet straps will get you every time... errrr, operator error!

I owe Chase Truck Steve an apology... a fellow truck brother and I didn't get to share a ride in the BajaF250 with him... my most humble apology... but, if I get an invite to the next one, we go out first!!!

Well, not one photo! I was too busy with either riding the quad or out in the BajaF250... too much fun! I already can't wait for Jan!!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

It was seriously so great to have BajaF250 there. Tom, it was good to have you, too! Ha! I thought you did just fine on the sand. I was perfectly comfortable riding with you and I'm rarely comfortable in the passenger seat. Thanks again for the ride!

Those of you that didn't make it must not miss the next one. The meal alone is worth the drive!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Nick wrote:What a great weekend! I want to thank Rick for including us in his Birthday celebration, i'd also like to thank everyone that showed up, to make this a memorable event! I really couldn't have asked for a better group of people to be around.

I just got back a little bit ago, and will post pics later.
Hey Nick, How long did it take you to get back? We got stuck in traffic in SB and it crawled all the way to Ventura... we didn't get back until 2230! But boy was it worth it! It was great meeting you!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

BajaF250 wrote:We got stuck in traffic in SB and it crawled all the way to Ventura... we didn't get back until 2230! But boy was it worth it!
Ouch! Traffic through SB BLOWS.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Yeah, I think 101 has been under construction in SB since I was at Poly (70's)... it's a career project.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

SteveG wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:I'll start working on my damage and we'll be back for another run in January.
Same here. It's time to get the old girl back to her former glory.
Can't wait to see it all dolled up!!! We need to show the group the early 80's rocks... (err, fords)...
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Nick wrote:Hey Rick, if you could pass along a message to your non bronco friends that came in from paradise. It was great to meet them, and i hope that they can join us again!
I must echo Nick here, John and Kathleen were wonderful as were Bob and C... what great folks... I hope they can both make it back for the next round.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

philofab wrote:
SteveG wrote:
Yea, but the axle and drive shaft still spin. Worst of all you have to get out and turn knobs. These are luxury SUVs damnit!
I love my manual hubs... even have them on the new SuperDuty! Didn't want those fancified auto thangs... when you need 'em most is when they stop working!