Pismo Summer 2010 Trip Report...

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Pismo Summer 2010 Trip Report...

Post by Nick »

BajaF250 wrote:
Nick wrote:What a great weekend! I want to thank Rick for including us in his Birthday celebration, i'd also like to thank everyone that showed up, to make this a memorable event! I really couldn't have asked for a better group of people to be around.

I just got back a little bit ago, and will post pics later.
Hey Nick, How long did it take you to get back? We got stuck in traffic in SB and it crawled all the way to Ventura... we didn't get back until 2230! But boy was it worth it! It was great meeting you!
We got back to my house around 5:30. We hit that same traffic in sb, but it was only till the end of the construction zone, then a little bit as we entered ventura.

And it was great to meet you also!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

BajaF250 wrote:We got stuck in traffic in SB and it crawled all the way to Ventura... we didn't get back until 2230!

I was home in Arizona at 2130.... no traffic at all through Tehachepi and Barstow. I'm quite happy with how few problems I had for beating on my truck as much as I did.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

philofab wrote:
BajaF250 wrote:We got stuck in traffic in SB and it crawled all the way to Ventura... we didn't get back until 2230!

I was home in Arizona at 2130.... no traffic at all through Tehachepi and Barstow. I'm quite happy with how few problems I had for beating on my truck as much as I did.
Cool, although I hate sitting in traffic, I had no problem with it last night... I was quite content after that great weekend... no stress. We need to go out together next time... ya know, we ought to have a few scheduled runs next time so everyone that want's to go out as a group, we can plan for it...
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

How about a desert run, September 11th.. in Lucerne? There is a Race, it is MY birthday weekend.... and, well I missed pismo and I am still pissed about it!
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Oh I forgot... Yikes will be happy to know I managed to stuff his old bumper in the sand coming over a razor back.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
ruthless69
Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco, 6 in lift wanna be prerunner

Post by ruthless69 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK! Hope you dug your gifts! :lol:

Thanks Rick and Amber for inviting me and my family (and Nick for showing me to GoFastBronco site!) I had no idea you all moved from FSB! :idea:

The food was fantastic! So good the entire camp was quiet while we were eating. SteveG, that was a great location you picked - easy to find, near the restroom and whoop section. Enjoyed the R/C trucks too.

Nick was good to hang with you and Steve as well - glad you had a good time in my Bronco. :D

Good to hear everyone made it home safely.

Look forward to the next trip you all plan in January?
Attachments
IMG00053-20100710-1819.jpg
IMG00053-20100710-1819.jpg (196.36 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
Parish Ruth
SLO, CA
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

I think Steve's rc saw the most action, and had the most pics taken.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Nick wrote:I think Steve's rc saw the most action, and had the most pics taken.
I'm starting to think that instead of working on the Bronco I'll get another bigger, badder RC car.

I forgot to thank the Moss crew for bringing all the help. I didn't have to lift a finger to build a jump or unstuck and flip over the RC. Oh, and sorry to whoever's kids I ran the car into. At least I didn't run my car into a baby like Ollie a few weeks ago!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

SteveG wrote: At least I didn't run my car into a baby like Ollie a few weeks ago!
i felt sooooo bad! thanks for bringing that up again! damn kids!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

BajaF250 wrote:I owe Chase Truck Steve an apology... a fellow truck brother and I didn't get to share a ride in the BajaF250 with him... my most humble apology... but, if I get an invite to the next one, we go out first!!!
As I said on the way out Tom - don't feel bad at all. While I will DEFINITELY take you up on the offer for the ride you spent plenty of time taking all sorts of people out. No need to feel bad at all.

As for the traffic in SB - Nick and I didn't hit it too bad. I have been up there enough to know better, but because we were leaving from Pismo and not SB I somehow forgot my old saying... "If you're not on the road by noon leaving SB, you might as well wait until 6 PM to leave!"
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

SteveG wrote: At least I didn't run my car into a baby like Ollie a few weeks ago!
Baby hater!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Nick wrote:
Baby hater!
Hahaha!
PBR wrote:
i felt sooooo bad! thanks for bringing that up again! damn kids!
The funny part was that the mom was apologizing to you for the baby getting in the way!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
vegasff13
Bronco Info: 94 XLT 5.8 4in Rancho with 33in BFGs

Post by vegasff13 »

Looks like a great trip!!!!!!! Maybe I can try to make it in Jan. I really need to pick it up with the Bronco.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Oh man... taking a stroll down memory lane. No. This was not an official HuckFEAST, but it was the same crew and damn good times... looking forward to seeing some great friends this weekend.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I think this may have been the last one I was able to make. 6-7 years ago already - ugh!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects