4wheel parts customer appreciation day BIG BEAR 2016

Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Didn't see any broncos up there! It was based out of snow valley resort and there were a few venders but the best part was the scavenger hunt! They had 10 locations out on the trails up in big bear that you had to take a selfie with. Every location you collect earns you raffle tickets for an awesome raffle. Everything was free which was awesome!

I didn't even know what it was going to be like up there so I decided to drive my stock 2wd ranger. When we got there we were given a sheet with all the places to collect and a map of the big bear trails. I was hesitant because I drove my ranger up and was kicking myself for not driving one of my 4x4s. The guy there said it would be fine in the ranger so away we went.

My fiancé and I got up there late, around 1pm and the raffle was at 4pm. We only had 3 hours to drive this huge loop in the mountains.
Tchajagos

Post by Tchajagos »

1. Fawnskin fire department

2. Fawn park 9-11 memorial

3. Butler peak fire lookout

4. Hollcomb creek trail marker

5. White mt. Trail marker

6. Wilber's grave on 3N07

7. Pygmy cabin

8. Big bear discovery center

9. Gold mountain trail sign

10. Mine off 3N16 at east end

Tchajagos

Post by Tchajagos »

We ended up getting all 10 spots. Not easy in a 2wd stock ranger with small street tires. Almost got stock several times, some how the spare tire fell out, and we got a hole in the radiator. Luckily we were able to fix everything enough to finish the scavenger hunt and we ended up making it back at 3:55pm. Just in time! There were plenty of people out on the trails still up there. Mostly in jeeps, although I saw one big bronco with solo running gear and it ended up being an old friend from high school. Crazy.
Tchajagos

Post by Tchajagos »

We ended up getting 90 tickets each for the raffle and they were serving free street tacos and drinks. They gave away thousands of dollars worth of stuff including a full set of 5 method wheels of your choice, winches, jeep stuff, recovery gear, and gift cards to 4wp. A bunch of other stuff too.

All in all we had a blast. I drove and she navigated. We were flying and I felt like I was driving a rally race. So cool! I hope they have this again next year.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: 4wheel parts customer appreciation day BIG BEAR 2016

Post by SteveG »

Dang. Sounds like a good time!
Sho nuff,
SteveG