Huckfeast 2014

yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Huckfeast 2014

Post by yikes »

Starting this so it doesn't get lost in the "Planning" thread.

Just want to throw out a big thanks to everyone who took the weekend out of their lives to come out and join us. It's a bit of a trek for most and the time sure goes by fast. Especially when half of it is used putting up the tent. Haha! Once again, we got some awesome Pismo weather in the middle of winter. We haven't had a bad year yet. I think the wind blew once, though. Yeah. Anyway...

Pat - It was great meeting you guys and glad you made it out. You've got a great family. Truly appreciate the work you've done on your Bronco. Hopefully you can make a couple more trips before you guys have to move out.

Bob - Thanks for that awesome coffee! Just the right shade of opaque. Haha! Truly glad your wife was able to join us. Bronco next year?

Rick - Holy smokes! I was bummed you didn't bring your hucking Bronco, but man you made up for it with that prime cooking. Guess you get better with age. Good to see you and Kelly again. Don't taze me bro!!

Don - C'mon. Bring the 300 out next year. It will only take a little prep after.

Will - Where'd you go?!! Thanks for hooking me up man. Replaced the hub later that day and was good to go.

Steve - Yours is a thankless job, but then you live 6 miles away, so who gives a shit. Haha! Thanks for letting us use your tent and for always welcoming us to your home. Now it's time for to you get down this way.

Philo - Living in that adjacent place seems to have given Philo the ability to zone out all of the BS surrounding him. Can't believe you stayed in the tent while we were getting tazed by the popo.

Looking forward to Huckfeast 2015. I have a feeling the hucking will rival the feasting next year.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Huckfeast 2014

Post by SteveG »

yikes wrote:Looking forward to Huckfeast 2015. I have a feeling the hucking will rival the feasting next year.
I think you might be right! My Explorer will never be the aerial acrobat the Bronco was but I will definitely be ready for some whoops next year.

Here's my post from the other thread.
SteveG wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:One thing about not bringing my Bronco for the first time in 7 years... it's better to be out huckin'....
Agreed! I missed the Bronco a bit but I was mostly bummed the Explorer wasn't ready to play. Heck, it was actually running pretty bad so I couldn't even putt around and play photog... All is better now, though. It was just a loose injector connector I bumped while replacing the fuel pressure regulator on Thursday.

The trip: As always, it was good to get together with old friends and meet a few new ones. We got to see will for the first time in a couple years and evidently he's joined the club and how has a little rugrat of his own. Congrats! I was happy that Pat, Jen and crew made the trip from Merced to join us. Plus we got to check out his Bronco in person. Very nice fab work. I really dig the rear suspension and look forward to seeing it progress. Thank you guys for making the trip. It was great meeting the otter family and great to have some more kids at camp for my girls to play with. I hope you guys are able to make it next year.

The food: Once again, Rick did not disappoint. Who the hell cooks Prime Rib on the sand!? Rick does and it kicked ass! And his killer pork tenderloins to boot! Potatoes, fruit salad, salsa, onion dip, GoFastBrownies, rice crispy treats... the good food did not stop!

Philo and Megan get the long haul award... 500 miies! It was good to have you with us again, brother!

The Moss crew, Yikes and fam, Rob and Stacey in the super Dodge, my brother, Jeff, his wife Tristen and my 5 month old niece... thanks for coming!

Saturday night around the fire was the best. B.S.'ing, enjoying a visit with Dr. Jameson and finally, just as we're petering out, an unexpected visit from a neighbor, some heated exchanges, a tazer and finally John Law x 4 or 5. Good times!

Also noteworthy, NO BURNT BEANS! This is, what? 3 years in a row?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

I forgot to mention, we had just as many Dodge diesels as we did Broncos this year! The Trophy Diesel, Rob's No plugs and my buddy Aarons 98. I gotta admit I'm starting to get jealous of all those doors and ft/lbs!
billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

It was great seeing everyone. Had a blast on the runs in the back with Yikes and Pat. Had Philo as a co driver on the last run.
It was a great trip. Wish I could have stayed and camped out but just didn't have time to get prepared to camp with the little one. Hopefully next year we can camp out. Steve the Doc Burnstein's Ice Cream Lab is a definite stop anytime I pass through AG.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

yikes wrote:Philo - Living in that adjacent place seems to have given Philo the ability to zone out all of the BS surrounding him. Can't believe you stayed in the tent while we were getting tazed by the popo.
I followed Pat's lead. #aintcare
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Post by otter »

Hey I heard the whole thing. The wife wouldn't let me out to join in on the fun. haha.