2013 BajaHID Excursion Post Trip Report

yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Re: 2013 BajaHID Excursion Post Trip Report

Post by yikes »

Still stoked from this trip. Just checked out a few things on the Bronco. Steering is good, u-joints are tight and there's nothing wrong. Woohooooo!! Going to get Mirage to help with the rear valving before the end of the year and see if there's some more speed in there somewhere. Can't believe how much clay is still stuck underneath. Wow! Maybe there's a teflon strategy for the undercarriage too. Haha! Tony! Please advise.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

yikes wrote:Still stoked from this trip. Just checked out a few things on the Bronco. Steering is good, u-joints are tight and there's nothing wrong. Woohooooo!! Going to get Mirage to help with the rear valving before the end of the year and see if there's some more speed in there somewhere. Can't believe how much clay is still stuck underneath. Wow! Maybe there's a teflon strategy for the undercarriage too. Haha! Tony! Please advise.

There sure is......... Pam. ;)
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

WD40 works well too. Buy the gallon containers and coat everything. Hose off when done if anything actually stuck to it.
Parts Girl
Bronco Info: Autofab's LIL PILE AKA Danger ranger with a heart for baja!!!

Post by Parts Girl »

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE!! We ( Tiff, Court, and Reny) had a blast. It was another epic adventure forsure. I had never been down the Mojave Trail and am glad I got to learn the history and mob the trail with such an epic group of people. It was awesome to meet all the new people and to see all the veterans. It felt like being with family away from family the whole trip. I also want to thank everyone for making my friend Reny feel so welcome. She had never been on one of the trips before and now cant wait for the next one so she can bring her family. The "LIL PILE" did amazing no problems. The mud even did its job and held her together all the way home. Cant wait to see you all at the next run and hopefully even sooner :D

A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE GFB GUYS WHO PUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER! :D
Parts Girl
Bronco Info: Autofab's LIL PILE AKA Danger ranger with a heart for baja!!!

Post by Parts Girl »

Mojave
Attachments
View of the whole camp
View of the whole camp
20131012_090634.jpg (48.76 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
bajabuck
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco with some Autofab parts held on with bailing wire and duct tape

Post by bajabuck »

The mud from Soda "Dry" lake has officially become stucco on my Bronco. I think I need a trip to Baja to run it up and down the beach for a few hours to blast off all the mud! Yep, Pam or WD40 next time...
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Throw a garden sprinkler under there and run it for a couple of hours, that will loosen or remove a lot of the mud. Thats how I used to clean my dirt track car years ago and it was always spotless underneath, even with several INCHES of mud build up :P
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

AussieRod wrote:Throw a garden sprinkler under there and run it for a couple of hours, that will loosen or remove a lot of the mud. Thats how I used to clean my dirt track car years ago and it was always spotless underneath, even with several INCHES of mud build up :P
That's actually a really great idea. Whirlybird type?
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Rmc wrote:
AussieRod wrote:Throw a garden sprinkler under there and run it for a couple of hours, that will loosen or remove a lot of the mud. Thats how I used to clean my dirt track car years ago and it was always spotless underneath, even with several INCHES of mud build up :P
That's actually a really great idea. Whirlybird type?
They work good, but if a big hunk of mud falls on it, it wont spin too well :lol: :lol: Lots or water pressure and about an hour, most mud will either be off or soft enough to hose off. Also a good idea for after playing on the beach, to get rid of salt water, etc.
bodypanel
Bronco Info: Mostly 1994 Mazda B4000

Post by bodypanel »

Why are you all trying to get that mud off? I am thinking of taking a patent out on the stuff for skid plates, rocker panel protection, and bedliners. You can't buy stuff that strong and hard to get off!

I have been running mine in the desert to try to shake it off.

Rub
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

bodypanel wrote:Why are you all trying to get that mud off? I am thinking of taking a patent out on the stuff for skid plates, rocker panel protection, and bedliners. You can't buy stuff that strong and hard to get off!

I have been running mine in the desert to try to shake it off.

Rub
Uhm, because it's loaded with salt, and salt isn't metal friendly :lol:
bodypanel
Bronco Info: Mostly 1994 Mazda B4000

Post by bodypanel »

Details details coming from Wisconsin we use the sprinkler trick after every winter to get the salt off from underneath the vehicle so I know it works well
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

SHIRTS!!!

For those of you who would like to order BajaHID Excursion shirts from this past Barstow to Laughlin run please PM Tony (tcm glx) for placing your order and paypal information. Shirts are still $15.00 per shirt and if you would like it shipped to you it will ship priority mail for an additional $2.95. I believe you can fit at least three shirts in that priority box but I guess it would depend on the size of the shirts. We are submitting the order on Tuesday, October 29th, 10:00 p.m. No orders will be taken after the cut off. Please PM Tony if you have any questions. Thank you.

Chris
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

WOW! looks like and amazing trip! well done tony, chris an tom!

yikes - thanks for representing pbr! makes your rig look even better!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Thanks Ollie, you gotta come slum it with us sometime.

Any other pics guys.....post up!!!
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Sadly I don't feel like I earned a shirt :( , really wish I could have made this one.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Rmc wrote:Sadly I don't feel like I earned a shirt :( , really wish I could have made this one.
X2 id feel like one of the Mulisha bros wearing their gear and dont even ride...
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

RyanDS650X wrote:
Rmc wrote:Sadly I don't feel like I earned a shirt :( , really wish I could have made this one.
X2 id feel like one of the Mulisha bros wearing their gear and dont even ride...
LOL. No we won't hold it against you. Just means you can also rock it at the next run.

Chris
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

BajaBronco13 wrote:SHIRTS!!!

For those of you who would like to order BajaHID Excursion shirts from this past Barstow to Laughlin run please PM Tony (tcm glx) for placing your order and paypal information. Shirts are still $15.00 per shirt and if you would like it shipped to you it will ship priority mail for an additional $2.95. I believe you can fit at least three shirts in that priority box but I guess it would depend on the size of the shirts. We are submitting the order on Tuesday, October 29th, 10:00 p.m. No orders will be taken after the cut off. Please PM Tony if you have any questions. Thank you.

Chris

Hit me up guys, we need a few more to complete the order. Several of you had asked for these....... Oh, and attendance isn't required to order.
Thanks
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Put me down for another xl.