HDRA Las Vegas 300 Postponed

ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

HDRA Las Vegas 300 Postponed

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

For those who have not heard...

"**Mirage Las Vegas 300 Postponed**

In preparing for the Mirage 300 event at Moapa, a number of federal agencies have oversight in
use of Tribal lands at Moapa. Agencies include the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), Department of
Fish and Wildlife (DFW), and interaction with the Secretary of the Interior.
One of the steps required for final approval included a study by a Cultural Biologist to be
submitted to the BIA. A Certified Cultural Biologist from the Reno, Nevada area was contracted
to compile this study. After purportedly completing the study, this individual has suddenly
decided this week, for unknown reasons, not to release his report for submission to the BIA.
Because of this individual’s refusal to complete his contracted obligations towards the overall
review process, we are now unable to satisfy stipulations regarding portions of the proposed
long-distance race course. The course currently available is unacceptable and would make the
quality of the event sub-standard for HDRA racers.
HDRA is announcing postponement of the Mirage Las Vegas 300 until January, 2014. After
considering alternatives, it was decided that postponement is the most logical action at this
time. This will allow sufficient time to complete the remaining BIA requirements, and we will be
in a terrific position to wrap up the 2013 season in a true championship manner.
This January 2014 event will also kick-off the new racing season and provide you with the
opportunity to earn final points towards your 2013 HDRA season and also start accumulating
points for 2014.
This decision to postpone is only hours old, and there are a number of issues still to be
resolved. We will be communicating additional information as quickly as possible, and ask that
everyone be patient as we move forward towards our rescheduled, better than ever January
2014 event."
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Re: HDRA Las Vegas 300 Postponed

Post by Phoenix0783 »

Whoever paid that Biologist should get their money back.

My guess is the biologist didn't want to see the race happen, and figured they could do it this way.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Or some organization paid him more to keep his mouth shut.
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Yeah, good thing we had plenty of notice. 2 weeks before a race, NICE!

This is VEGAS RIGHT........ Hey, I know aaa guy, aaahhhh that knows a guy, that aaahh ...can take care of this kind of aaaaaaahhh... problem. Jeews youuu know what I mean Tony?( in my best Jersey voice.) :lol: