Post LeDuc swapmeet

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Post LeDuc swapmeet

Post by Nick »

7D6F250 wrote:Had a great time hangin' w/ the GFB boys. Scored some AutoFab beams, permenant antenna for the chase radio, and Steve helped me get a set of Deaver's. Awesome day.
I'm sorry i didn't get to meet you! Are those Deavers the ones that Shawn was selling?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

bajascott wrote: i wish i coulda gone to this,but as i read ...the weather sucked?
Are you serious??? You live in the land of chineese water torture, and you're telling us that our weather sucked?
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

What a great couple of days, awesome company and great wheeling and dealing. Though I have to admit the weather was rough (just think Forest Gump Vietnam raining scene) we were able to get four EZ Ups and get some shelter.

I'm glad I brought my 14 year old son Tony along as he was great about hanging back and selling our stuff while many of us went out scavaging for more parts.

I have to say, this year was definitely the "You snooze, you lose" year for me as I passed up on 1 set of 1" king beams for the Four Door, 1 tranny cooler with 7" fan (new), 1 set of coil buckets (damn you Yikes and Steve G, LOL) and 1 new BFG All Terrain 315/75/16 for the Four Door. All parts that I picked up to look at and said I'll pick them up when I loop back only to find out they were sold.

Now for the good stuff. I picked up the following:

5 BFG Project KRs for $350.00

1 Autofab swing set steering set up for $200.00

1 set of used 315/75/16s on Tacoma Prerunner OEM wheels for $100.00

2 dvds The Chronicles of Bebo for $5.00 each

1 Racer's Only Bean and 1 Racer's Only T Shirt

2 Walkie Talkies for $20.00

2 random sweat shirt hoodies, 1 for me and 1 for my son Tony to help keep us warm during the worst of the storm.

While all I can say is that I can't wait until next year guys. Count me in!

Chris
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

I forgot some more stuff....

2x Fox air shocks for the front of my quad $60

GTYR skid plate & nerf bars NEW $60

Extra front wheels and tires for the quad $20

Single layer race suit $50

Tons of limit straps

I'm still pissed I missed out on those APP starbursts for my truck.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I read that but unfortunately it looks like I will be gone that weekend. We'll see.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

Nick wrote:
bajascott wrote: i wish i coulda gone to this,but as i read ...the weather sucked?
Are you serious??? You live in the land of chineese water torture, and you're telling us that our weather sucked?
the sun was shining and i was wearing shorts,our weather has been nice here, fire season is gonna be great for the fire crews....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:but I'm in successfully on FireFox now - which never worked before).
Firefox is where it's at!

The swap meet was well worth the drive! I got to meet a few online friends in person and got to B.S. with a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time. I'm definitely in for next year.

Ollie and crew were super hospitable. Thanks for everything, guys. Although at one point I did have to mix my own dink 'cause Ollie was out lolligagging!

Once again I went to a swap meet with no money and still managed to come home with stuff. I need to tell all my friends to go with no money so I can't borrow any!

I picked up some bare coil-buckets for the Bronco that will eliminate a lot of work and possibly motivate me to actually work on it... we'll see.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

It was great seeing you all again. It was a long cold night but its such a good time really.

I didn't score much but what I did get was two smokin' deals.

1. Hella triple air horn (aka "your fixin' to get nerfed" warning device) $25 new unwraped
2. Passport radar detector ( aka "your fixin to get busted" warning device) $30 new unwraped

Me and Dave gave the radar detector a good work out and made the 420 mile trek home in 6 hrs with one gas stop and one food stop. Man I love my Raptor.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

good times!

the gfb crew was very well represented! everywhere i looked there was someone. great to shoot the shit with all off you. steve g is the man, he wanted to stay up all night and keep drinking and i pussed out! but i think the 3 hours sleep i got was worth it. and once again i apologize for you having to pour your own drink, it will never happen again!

the weather was actually beautiful on sunday, but saturday night was pretty nasty for those of you without a big pusher to sleep in! haha. fresh carne and pollo asada for dinner and breakfast, with a sausage lunch. sean did a mean job behind the bbq all weekend.

we sold a ton of stuff (cha-ching!) and i bought very little. the spare t-case from steve was by far my biggest purchase.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

PBR wrote:the spare t-case from steve was by far my biggest purchase.
Don't forget about the coil-buckets you bought!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

SteveG wrote:
PBR wrote:the spare t-case from steve was by far my biggest purchase.
Don't forget about the coil-buckets you bought!
haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ollie Penchansky
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Nick wrote:
7D6F250 wrote:Had a great time hangin' w/ the GFB boys. Scored some AutoFab beams, permenant antenna for the chase radio, and Steve helped me get a set of Deaver's. Awesome day.
I'm sorry i didn't get to meet you! Are those Deavers the ones that Shawn was selling?
Yup. He'll take um to Deaver to get um spuced up and we'll throw um on the 76!

Oh and Jason - don't forget about that fiberglass. That is if you still want it.

SteveG wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:but I'm in successfully on FireFox now - which never worked before).
Firefox is where it's at!
Funny thing is - I tried it before and got the same login issues as the other browswers. Oh well - it's working for now.

On a separate note... Tony - I remember something about you (think it was you - not Chris) that found some cash lying on the ground at "camp". I didn't hear how much it was but I'd bet it was a $20 ;)

After running all the calcs on how much I brought, what I bought and what I sold I came up $20 short. MUCH better than I though though with how many times I was in and out of my pockets to get keys, flashlight, cash, gloves or whatever else. Dang cold and rain made the hands numb and therefore makes you fumble around a bit.

$20 lost is not at all a bad "investment" for how much fun we had this weekend though :D
Last edited by ChaseTruck754 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Yup. He'll take um to Deaver to get um spuced up and we'll throw um on the 76!
Nice! Did he get the good deal, or the really good deal?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Pretty dang good at $150. With the mains bent like they were they will need to be gone over by deaver, but he'll still come out with a set that cost less than buying them new from deaver.
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

hey steve - i was the one that found the $20 at your camp. can you identify the bill?
Ollie Penchansky
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

uhhh - it was green and in your hand the last time I saw it :D

Honestly I could't remember who found $$ or if it was a $20 or a $100 or whatever. I was 1/2 frozen at the time.
I guess there would have been a little more celebrating if it was a $100 though. hahahaha

Not looking to get it back at all, but rather found it funny.

I was going back and forth trying to remember what else I bought that I forgot to write down.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I found 2 bucks as I was walking back with two of the four 315 tires I bought on Sunday around 11:00 a.m. If I would have found your $20 Steve it would have been bacon wrapped hot dogs for everyone!!! LOL
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Mmmmmm bacon AND hot dogs....

That reminds me. I still have 2 burritos left from Tony. I was trying so hard not to wolf them down all at once that I forgot about 2. Good deal as now I have breakfast tomorrow - and a good one at that! Too bad I didn't sneak off with that salsa bottle though - that stuff was GOOD!
Kyles95
Bronco Info: '95 Bronco XLT custom 2.5" lift 32x11.5 BFG AT soon 4 inch and 33's via cut/turn beams

Post by Kyles95 »

Well I got some ProComp Resi Shocks for my trucks non existent lift and a good deal too, 100 bucks for four brand new and they are the stem/loop style I need. I still need tires and a lift (might have one in a few minutes) but the drive, Only a hour , was worth the shock deal.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

PBR wrote:hey steve - i was the one that found the $20 at your camp. can you identify the bill?
Did it have a picture of Andrew Jackson on it? If so, that's mine!